Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do? - #2

Post imported post

Let's say your facing two (2) assailants about 20 feet away, one has a knife in his hand, the other has a handgun in his waistband.

Q. Which one do you shoot first?

And please explain why.

Banned

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tackleberry wrote:
    Let's say your facing two (2) assailants about 20 feet away, one has a knife in his hand, the other has a handgun in his waistband.

And please explain why.
    Whichever one is most likely to start threads on gun forums about hypothetical defense scenarios rather than just research it from noted experts or authorities in the field, or just posts the info if he already has it.

Because he could just tell the forum which one and why.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.
    Not enough information to answer the question:

What are they doing? Is the guy with the knife running at your, or simply menacing?

How do you know they are assailants at the distance? have they "assailed" you yet, or simlpy theatening it?

Short answer - whichever one is preenting the "immediate threat" that gives cause for deadly force in self-defense

Post imported post

Neither. The one with the gun in his waistband is demonstrating the "Virginia Tuck" and is busy buying his twin 8 yo daughters ice cream cones. The one with the knife is pickin' his fingernails.

Shoot the nervous guy with the gun frantically going back and forth between the two. If you have to, stick it in your mouth and pull...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

WWAAAAYY not enough info.

Where is this going down? In my own home, or in a public place?

Are there other people around?

Are the assailants coming at me?

Are both of them coming at me or just one of them?

Are they attacking someone else?

Are they reasonably close together or are they positioned at different angels of attack from me?

Is this event taking place in low light or bright daylight?

What phase of the moon are we in?

Has Jack and the rest of the Oceanic 6 made it back to the island yet?

Come on man, we need more to work with here.

Post imported post

What focus, lens and f-stop are you using?

Post imported post

Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.
    I shoot my e-bullets at the e-thug trolling the forums first.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    HAHAHHAHA

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    I shoot my e-bullets at the e-thug trolling the forums first.
    I smell troll too!:X

Post imported post

Draw,,aim at the one with the guncover both,,then shoot the one with the gun first if he drew,,,triple tap both

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Post imported post

Is the guy with the handgun open carrying? If he's open carrying I'd be so scared of him I'd probably just run away. If he was concealed carrying I'd go kick him in the balls and spit on his face because we all know concealed carrying doesn't deter people.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Is the guy with the handgun open carrying? If he's open carrying I'd be so scared of him I'd probably just run away. If he was concealed carrying I'd go kick him in the balls and spit on his face because we all know concealed carrying doesn't deter people.
    THAT made me laugh. Out loud even...

...Orygunner...

Banned

Post imported post

I'd draw both my gold-plated 1911s at once and take them both out, dual-wielding.

And then supermodels would fall to their knees at my feet telling me how awesome I am.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

You guys are all wrong. I have heard this one before. You shoot the Lawyer.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Banned

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

...Orygunner...
    Would you still laugh if you knew I was being sarcastic? :P Or did you take it that way already?

Post imported post

Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.
    I would shoot the little girl standing near them and here's why...

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some ****, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Orygunner wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

...Orygunner...
    Would you still laugh if you knew I was being sarcastic? :P Or did you take it that way already?
    Yes, I was recently informed my Sarcastic Detector was broken recently, so I had it adjusted. I saw the sarcastic humor in what you posted, laughed out loud, and wanted to let you know I enjoyed it.

...Now if I can just get around to doing something about my busted Procrastination Alarm ...
    ...Orygunner...

Banned

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some @#$%, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

Too many video games for you.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some @#$%, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

FAIL!

It's a scene from MIB.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

FAIL!

It's a scene from MIB.

Maybe he knew that once, but got hit with the flashy thing.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

SNIP Image
    You need to get out more. He is paraphrasing from "Men in Black."
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

After further deliberation on this OP query, I have decided to leave the choice up to the 2 assailants. I will shootthe firstone that presents an eminent threat of severe bodily injury or death to me, or others. The choice will be up to them, disarm or risk severe injury.

I can be quite accommodating when I have to be.

Post imported post

I would probably have to run away as NH lacks an expanded Castle Doctrine thereby denying honest citizens of the right to defend themselves wherever they have a legal right to be. Thankfully, we are allowed to defend ourselves within our homes without having to seek retreat. But on the street you can run or take your chance with 12 jurors. Either way the options suck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast