• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Would You Do? - #2

Tackleberry

imported post

Let's say your facing two (2) assailants about 20 feet away, one has a knife in his hand, the other has a handgun in his waistband.

Q. Which one do you shoot first?

And please explain why.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tackleberry wrote:
Let's say your facing two (2) assailants about 20 feet away, one has a knife in his hand, the other has a handgun in his waistband.

And please explain why.

Whichever one is most likely to start threads on gun forums about hypothetical defense scenarios rather than just research it from noted experts or authorities in the field, or just posts the info if he already has it.

Because he could just tell the forum which one and why.

RayBurton72

imported post

Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

Not enough information to answer the question:

What are they doing? Is the guy with the knife running at your, or simply menacing?

How do you know they are assailants at the distance? have they "assailed" you yet, or simlpy theatening it?

Short answer - whichever one is preenting the "immediate threat" that gives cause for deadly force in self-defense

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Neither. The one with the gun in his waistband is demonstrating the "Virginia Tuck" and is busy buying his twin 8 yo daughters ice cream cones. The one with the knife is pickin' his fingernails.

Shoot the nervous guy with the gun frantically going back and forth between the two. If you have to, stick it in your mouth and pull...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WWAAAAYY not enough info.

Where is this going down? In my own home, or in a public place?

Are there other people around?

Are the assailants coming at me?

Are both of them coming at me or just one of them?

Are they attacking someone else?

Are they reasonably close together or are they positioned at different angels of attack from me?

Is this event taking place in low light or bright daylight?

What phase of the moon are we in?

Has Jack and the rest of the Oceanic 6 made it back to the island yet?

Come on man, we need more to work with here.

shad0wfax

imported post

Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

I shoot my e-bullets at the e-thug trolling the forums first.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Is the guy with the handgun open carrying? If he's open carrying I'd be so scared of him I'd probably just run away. If he was concealed carrying I'd go kick him in the balls and spit on his face because we all know concealed carrying doesn't deter people.

Orygunner

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Is the guy with the handgun open carrying? If he's open carrying I'd be so scared of him I'd probably just run away. If he was concealed carrying I'd go kick him in the balls and spit on his face because we all know concealed carrying doesn't deter people.
THAT made me laugh. Out loud even... :D

...Orygunner...

Aran

Banned
imported post

I'd draw both my gold-plated 1911s at once and take them both out, dual-wielding.

And then supermodels would fall to their knees at my feet telling me how awesome I am.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

...Orygunner...

Would you still laugh if you knew I was being sarcastic? :p Or did you take it that way already?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.
I would shoot the little girl standing near them and here's why...

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some shit, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

Orygunner

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Orygunner wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

...Orygunner...

Would you still laugh if you knew I was being sarcastic? :p Or did you take it that way already?

Yes, I was recently informed my Sarcastic Detector was broken recently, so I had it adjusted. I saw the sarcastic humor in what you posted, laughed out loud, and wanted to let you know I enjoyed it. :)

...Now if I can just get around to doing something about my busted Procrastination Alarm :uhoh:...
...Orygunner...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.
I would shoot the little girl standing near them and here's why...

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some @#$%, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

Too many video games for you.

alma.jpg