• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Would You Do? - #2

TechnoWeenie

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:
Let's say your facing two (2) assailants about 20 feet away, one has a knife in his hand, the other has a handgun in his waistband.

Q. Which one do you shoot first?

And please explain why.
I would shoot the little girl standing near them and here's why...

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some @#$%, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

Too many video games for you.

alma.jpg

FAIL!

It's a scene from MIB.

Orygunner

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:
Let's say your facing two (2) assailants about 20 feet away, one has a knife in his hand, the other has a handgun in his waistband.

And please explain why.

Well, first I was gonna pop the guy with the knife, but then I realized that he was just cutting off a string on his jacket from a loose seam. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' into my sewing room bust me in my ass while I'm working on the sewing machine? Then I saw this snarling beast of a guy with a handgun in his waistband, and I noticed he had his wife and kids with him and was just exercising his rights to defend them if need be. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of bad guys, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some @#$%, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.

alma.jpg

FAIL!

It's a scene from MIB.

Maybe he knew that once, but got hit with the flashy thing.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:

And please explain why.

SNIP Image
You need to get out more. He is paraphrasing from "Men in Black."

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

After further deliberation on this OP query, I have decided to leave the choice up to the 2 assailants. I will shootthe firstone that presents an eminent threat of severe bodily injury or death to me, or others. The choice will be up to them, disarm or risk severe injury.

I can be quite accommodating when I have to be. :D

BlueStreek

imported post

I would probably have to run away as NH lacks an expanded Castle Doctrine thereby denying honest citizens of the right to defend themselves wherever they have a legal right to be. Thankfully, we are allowed to defend ourselves within our homes without having to seek retreat. But on the street you can run or take your chance with 12 jurors. Either way the options suck.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
I would probably have to run away as NH lacks an expanded Castle Doctrine thereby denying honest citizens of the right to defend themselves wherever they have a legal right to be. Thankfully, we are allowed to defend ourselves within our homes without having to seek retreat. But on the street you can run or take your chance with 12 jurors. Either way the options suck.
Don't have that problem here in Tennessee. The BG's are playing Russian Roulette here, when they attempt a violant crime.