• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Put Something Exciting Between Your Legs

AyatollahGondola

imported post

OpenCarrybike009.jpg

OpenCarrybike010.jpg

OpenCarrybike002.jpg

OpenCarrybike004.jpg

OpenCarrybike007.jpg

Dug out a very old scabbard from the 60's and strapped it onto the HPV. Already rode it around the neighborhood, but I have to make some adjustments befre the long ride downtown. Now I just need a bandolier for the rounds.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Scabbard on a bike? Interesting.

There are a couple of downsides. 1) If someone steals yourbike, they get your gun (and vice versa), and 2) if you take a spill, so does your self-defense arm. (There was an open carrieron a bicycle whoroadrashed himself and his holsteredsidearm- but couldnt locate the story.)

We need to get you a real bike though, so you can get a custom 'scabbard' by S and S Sales. While it wouldn't totally comply with 626.9's requirements, I think they would have something that would mount securely ona bicycle.

FMCDH

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Scabbard on a bike? Interesting.

...There was an open carrieron a bicycle whoroadrashed himself and his holsteredsidearm- but couldnt locate the story.)
I remember that one too, he was wearing a Rugar or S&W stainless steelrevolver if I remember correctly. He did quite a number on the grip and frame, but mostly cosmetic. I don't believe it was in California however.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

when you make the big ride, make sure you let us all know when it will be and maybe someone could film that for you, i just have a feeling that that one is going to turn some heads and most likely end up with an LEO encounter.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
626.9 I believe, is not restrictive of long guns.

Without my rifle, someone could steal my bike and more anyway, no?

What moron falls offa bike?....uh-oh.....:p
You are correct. I was specking of the locking motorcycle hand gun holster.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

So do you reach around your back with left hand to draw and whip around
for defense, ala backwards mexican draw.
Or grab with right hand, jump up and let bike go forward drawing as you sit down on ground?
I use the ladder to stop on sheet ice, but never practiced with a long gun.
Besides not enough ice around for good practice and don't like the pain
of the asphalt except when needed.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

What's with all the falling down, and slipping on ice scenarios? We're in Sacramento, and I'm not Gerald Ford. This is the beginning, so we haven't perfected the quick draw.:) I'm just getting out there, one way or another.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I thought Al Gore said that the global warming will cause the ice age to occure
as proof it is hot.

Well except for needing to stop on ice, which means going off the back and
sitting down. But if you grab the gun on the way you would draw it out.
Just thinking on how you pull it in a timely manner, when you stop at a bad corner.
After all that is a nice 'holster' that needs protection.

pullnshoot25

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
Well I'll just have to beat the crap out of them with my bare hands first, and then draw the rifle to hold them at gunpoint until the paddywagon arrives.:D
There is always this

http://www.combatreform.com/BSAparariding.jpg

I saw one time a rifle scabbard that mounted to the front fork for easier access. Can't seem to find it now...

AyatollahGondola

imported post

Day before yesterday, a big fire broke out across the busy street from us in a trailer park. It was pretty intense. I grabbed the video cam and jumped on the bike, but no rifle, because speed is of the essence when you want good video footage. After a while, one local pd caught sight of the scabbard and immediately inspected it for uh...contraband. A discussion ensued, in which the only negative response from him was it's legal, but not always smart, but after getting through that it turns out he proclaims to be a gun nut. Other than that, my only reactions thus far have been from but a few local citizens asking if things have turned decidedly worse in my neighborhood

r6-rider

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
Day before yesterday, a big fire broke out across the busy street from us in a trailer park. It was pretty intense. I grabbed the video cam and jumped on the bike, but no rifle, because speed is of the essence when you want good video footage. After a while, one local pd caught sight of the scabbard and immediately inspected it for uh...contraband. A discussion ensued, in which the only negative response from him was it's legal, but not always smart, but after getting through that it turns out he proclaims to be a gun nut. Other than that, my only reactions thus far have been from but a few local citizens asking if things have turned decidedly worse in my neighborhood
iv always noticed that about CA cops, the ones that know the law will just look at you funny and go "yea... i mean you CAN... but why would you do that? its just negative attention...."

and thats considered a good LE experience lol