• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Accosted for open carry in Milwaukie, OR

Jeffytune

imported post

Oh, and if you really question why cops are so nerves on traffic stops.....from the AP today...

(03-21) 16:23 PDT OAKLAND -- Four Oakland police officers were shot and seriously wounded this afternoon after a car stop went bad, police sources reported.
[line]
// [line] Two of the officers were gunned down outside their patrol car after they pulled over a car in the 7400 block of MacArthur Boulevard, not far from the Eastmont Town Center. Another officer reported was shot while in pursuit of the suspect. It was not clear where the fourth officer was shot. A suspect was later reported to also have been shot.
The condition of the officers was not immediately available, but the Alameda County coroner was called to Oakland's Highland Hospital in response to the shooting.
E-mail Jaxon Van Derbeken at jvanderbeken@sfchronicle.com

Jeffytune

imported post

What would be the alternative?

Would you like this country better if we had no cops at all?

Jeffytune

imported post

Update.....

The suspect is dead, and the four officers are in critical condition.

More as it becomes available.

imported post

Jeffytune wrote:

probably.

but i'm not advocating having no law enforcement. i just want constitutional law enforcement.

your friends are losers and shills plain and simply. a paycheck and job security... and maybe the authority they crave is worth more than their morals and their freedom.

imported post

Jeffytune wrote:
Update.....

no one really cares, this happened in kalifornia. go post about it there.

Jeffytune

imported post

ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp wrote:
Jeffytune wrote:

probably.

but i'm not advocating having no law enforcement. i just want constitutional law enforcement.
Explain to me your concept of "Constitutional Law Enforcement" if you please.

Jeffytune

imported post

ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp wrote:
Jeffytune wrote:
Update.....

no one really cares, this happened in kalifornia. go post about it there.
It is more proper to say "You" don't care.:quirky

But the reason you need to pay attention to this is because the national gun grabber will milk this for all it's worth to push federal gun bans and restriction .

Jeffytune

imported post

For those who may care to know, all four of the Oakland cops shot by Mr. Mixon have died.

20090322OAKLAND_slide2.jpg

From left, Sgt. Mark Dunakin, Officer John Hege, Sgt. Dan Sakai and Sgt. Ervin Romans. The police said Sergeant Dunakin, 40, and Officer Hege, 41, were killed at the traffic stop. Sergeant Sakai, 35, and Sergeant Romans, 43, were killed in the later shootout.

The shooter was a 27 year old guy, who was on parole for assault with a deadly weapon.

22oakland_1a.jpg

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I want to know the names of the parole board who let the scum out of prison!
They are the ones at fault.

But I am waiting to get a traffic ticket so I can be denied entry at the court house
metal detectors that I will not go throug without a warrent.

Another great way to get your revenge is to write in all candidates when you vote.
Make them hand count every ballot.
If you are stuck in one of those electronic machine states, find a far east
person, so you can't enter his name with the US keyboard / touchscreen
and demand a real ballot so you can vote.

Dannny L

imported post

Not sure if many know this but when they run your ID they will know if you have a CHL. Heard it many times on my police scanner. DMV has records of your CHL. If it's not DMV it's attached to your DL some how. I should add if your not sure of this buy yourself a scanner and listen. They must run your ID first before they know. The time before they do that is where you might have trouble. Not saying it should be this way but the four cops that were killed is evidence enough for me to make the cops at ease.

Dannny L

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
I want to know the names of the parole board who let the scum out of prison!
They are the ones at fault.

But I am waiting to get a traffic ticket so I can be denied entry at the court house
metal detectors that I will not go throug without a warrent.

Another great way to get your revenge is to write in all candidates when you vote.
Make them hand count every ballot.
If you are stuck in one of those electronic machine states, find a far east
person, so you can't enter his name with the US keyboard / touchscreen
and demand a real ballot so you can vote.
That's ok, after the time passes and the ticket goes unpaid they will bring you through the back door. Or your DL will be suspended for failure to pay, either way it may be the back door. LOL

LanceOregon

imported post

Can't the Admins here please lock this topic and close it down? This thread should have ended many messages ago.

I've never in my life seen a thread in any online forum anywhere degenerate as badly as this one has done. Name calling, obvious baiting of individuals, and countless personal attacks. It is an embarrassment to see people who support Open Carry acting as many have done in this thread.

The original topic is certainly long over and done with. If people want to discuss other matters, then should not a new topic be started, instead of continuing on with this monstrosity??

It seems to me that would be the best thing to do.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents on all of this nonsense.