Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: People ask why I carry a gun

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    PEOPLE ASK WHY?

    Why I Carry a Gun

    My old grandpa said to me son,' there comes a time in every man's life
    when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's
    when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.
    I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from beingkilled.

    Idon't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there arereal threats in the world.


    I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the ev il in the
    world.


    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.


    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.


    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and
    noton a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.


    I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
    I carry agun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a
    cowboy.


    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves




    and theones they love.


    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carrya gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
    inadequate.


    I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
    tome.

    Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protectthemselves.
    Police do not protect you from crime, they usually justinvestigate the
    crime after it happens and then call someone in toclean up the mess.


    Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
    take an ass whoopin'.


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Hey I carry a gun because I love it, not as much as my rifles, but don't tell it that. I don't want to hurt it's little stainless steel feelings.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    332

    Post imported post

    I don't carry a gun...
    by Syd at Front Sight, Press

    Original text is here: http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/r...t-carry-a-gun/

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    97

    Post imported post

    I want to share with you a bit of the story I'm writing:

    Call me Ishmael. Some years ago -- never mind how long precisely -- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Washington, USA
    Posts
    546

    Post imported post

    vote_no wrote:
    I want to share with you a bit of the story I'm writing:

    Call me Ishmael. Some years ago -- never mind how long precisely -- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world.
    As usual, sir, your uniquely literate and subtle sarcasm comforts me like a fine aged wine. From one smart-ass to another, don't ever let the less appreciative ones get you down!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    3/325 wrote:
    I don't carry a gun...
    by Syd at Front Sight, Press

    Original text is here: http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/r...t-carry-a-gun/
    Thanks for posting the source for that. It was sent to me with the "author unknown" tag.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    332

    Post imported post

    No problem. I've chatted very briefly with the author (who logged onto our site to find out where a bunch of hits to his site were coming from). He seems like a good guy but, understandably, gets a little perturbed when his literary wit gets altered and reposted so often that no one sees the original or knows where it came from.

    Being a fellow creative individual, I try to help the guy out by posting the source when I see it.

    I've reposted "author unknown" stuff plenty of times myself, so I understand there's no malice or deliberate plagiarism involved.



  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Taco-Ma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    antispam540 wrote:
    vote_no wrote:
    I want to share with you a bit of the story I'm writing:

    Call me Ishmael. Some years ago -- never mind how long precisely -- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world.
    As usual, sir, your uniquely literate and subtle sarcasm comforts me like a fine aged wine. From one smart-ass to another, don't ever let the less appreciative ones get you down!
    Mr Melville, how is life on the Pequod? Have you vanquished the white whale yet?
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •