• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some toilet humor......

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

TFred wrote:
Wow, must have been an old gun! I would be afraid to carry a non-drop safe gun! I'm not particularly clumsy, but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it!

TFred
I, on the other-hand, would likely be dead 10 times over if my gun fired every time it got bumped...if nothing else I'd surely be deaf[er].

Neplusultra

imported post

Although it's considered bad form to ever unholster, this is the one situation which I typically do, since I normally try to keep my pants off the floor and a heavy gun hanging on my belt would therefore be a problem. Safety on, unholster, hang by trigger guard or place on top of toilet tank, reholster, safety off.

I wonder if this incident was a case of bad safety/trigger finger discipline while reholstering........

Edit: BTW Hawk, that was horrible :^).

markand

imported post

Blasted toilet finally laid to rest.

http://wtopnews.com/?nid=456&sid=1573808

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]John the toilet laid to rest at Utah restaurant
[/font] January 31, 2009 - 7:26pm

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]CENTERVILLE, Utah (AP) - John, a porcelain commode gunned down in an accidental shooting at a fast food restaurant's bathroom, has died. His age was not immediately known.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

The toilet was shattered by a bullet Jan. 12 when a man's gun fell from its holster as he was pulling up his pants, police said. Police do not plan to file criminal charges in connection with the incident.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

Christian Martinez, manager of the Carl's Jr. where John was gunned down, held a memorial service Friday at the restaurant. He gave away bottles of John's favorite toilet cleaner, Kaboom Bowl Blaster, to the eatery's first 50 patrons.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

A Bountiful flower shop provided a large floral arrangement.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

"In all my years, I can say without a doubt that I have never delivered for a toilet," said deliveryman Doug Graham, "but I thought it was the funniest thing I've ever heard. I got a kick out of it."[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

Remnants of John hit and cut the gun owner's arm, but he was not seriously injured.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

Police blamed John's death on the gun and style of holster the man was using.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]

"He was survived by the men's urinal and wash sink," said Martinez. "He left us way too soon."[/font]

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is BS - I would bet you a whole bunch of money that the firearm was either being played with actively (most likely) or had been played with (and cocked) just before it.... ummmm .... voiced its displeasure loudly!

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pourshot wrote:
This is BS - I would bet you a whole bunch of money that the firearm was either being played with actively (most likely) or had been played with (and cocked) just before it.... ummmm .... voiced its displeasure loudly!
Well guns can be that way. There you are stroking it softly and suddenly... even violently.. It just goes off in your hand, and makes a mess of the place.

Neplusultra

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
pourshot wrote:
Well guns can be that way. There you are stroking it softly and suddenly... even violently.. It just goes off in your hand, and makes a mess of the place.
It could be that he was handling the gun when it went off. I would suspect bad finger discipline while reholstering. But, I would think it should be rather obvious from the toilet bowl which direction the bullet was traveling and therefore if it was on the floor when it went off. So who knows, perhaps he carries an older gun that doesn't have the drop safety features that more modern guns do?

Riana

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
pourshot wrote:
:what:Thank goodness I didn't have a mouthful of soda when I read that. I'd have to replace my keyboard.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Riana wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
pourshot wrote:
:what:Thank goodness I didn't have a mouthful of soda when I read that. I'd have to replace my keyboard.
And THAT is the difference between a firearm and a gun.

tapper95

imported post

they did say the holster and gun were not a good fit, or something like that... My first CCW rig was a generic nylon kangaroo holster that was great when my belt was tight and I wasn't moving much... Most of us here can attest to the benefit of a quality gun belt and a proper holster. There is a world of difference... and getting your pants back up with a gun and extra magazine on the belt can be a real delicate procedure...