• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free Grand Slam Breakfast!

David.Car

imported post

I wouldn't go anywhere near these places.

With the curret times I am betting that there will be insane amounts of people showing up to get a free 2.99 breakfest... I also would be expecting a certain element of people who would be most likely to show up for free meals are not the kind of people I want to be around when there is a shortage of chairs and people in pissy moods.

I feel sorry for the Denny's employees

sudden valley gunner

imported post

David.Car wrote:
I wouldn't go anywhere near these places.

With the curret times I am betting that there will be insane amounts of people showing up to get a free 2.99 breakfest... I also would be expecting a certain element of people who would be most likely to show up for free meals are not the kind of people I want to be around when there is a shortage of chairs and people in pissy moods.

I feel sorry for the Denny's employees

The grand slam is around 5-6 bucks now. I usually don't go to Denny's, not usually a big fan of their food. And I have to say that when I first got there the majority of people there were families and then a huge crowd of hungry students came in. The certain element of people you talked about wasn't really there actually I would say if they were it wasa smaller ratio than at normal times.

And the Denny's employees by what I seen this morning will be making a killing on tips. Yes they will earn it, but I bet they are glad to get the extra money at a time a lot of people are having a hard time financially. Also the attitude wasn't one of pissyness of the customers more of excitement of being involved in some sort of event.

But then again I was there early.....lol

Prophet

imported post

Am I the only one who hates the recent Denny's ad campaign? I mean, I want the candy covered, spinkled, syrup drenched, whip cream topped creations from the commercials but apparently they show those delicious mountains of goodness in order to tell me thats NOT what they have and its NOT what I should want.

These ads have actually had the reverse effect on me and is keeping me away from Denny's out of spite.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Prophet wrote:
Am I the only one who hates the recent Denny's ad campaign? I mean, I want the candy covered, spinkled, syrup drenched, whip cream topped creations from the commercials but apparently they show those delicious mountains of goodness in order to tell me thats NOT what they have and its NOT what I should want.

These ads have actually had the reverse effect on me and is keeping me away from Denny's out of spite.

Like those ads with beautiful women ....that I'll never get....lol......

I just took the opportunity to open carry in an obviously crowded place and had no incidents at all.....pretty encouraging to me.

Manu

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Oh I hear thru the grapevine that there might be a restaraunt in auburn-burien area that might start offering a small discount to open carry patrons. Now I will have to drive down for that.
Thats true sudden valley gunner, both the restaurants are in Des moines and Burien/Normandy Park area, Just practice your rights openly and mention it (to diffrentiate yourself from LEO) to get discount, if anyboy need information on itemail me or just ask here...

just_a_car

imported post

Manu wrote:
Oh I hear thru the grapevine that there might be a restaraunt in auburn-burien area that might start offering a small discount to open carry patrons. Now I will have to drive down for that.
Thats true sudden valley gunner, both the restaurants are in Des moines and Burien/Normandy Park area, Just practice your rights openly and mention it (to diffrentiate yourself from LEO) to get discount, if anyboy need information on itemail me or just ask here...
Is it possible to get the name and address of these places so we can A) patronize them with our business and B) put them on the Pro-Gun Businesses List?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Manu wrote:
Is it possible to get the name and address of these places so we can A) patronize them with our business and B) put them on the Pro-Gun Businesses List?
They are a members Restaraunts. If noone has a problem with that, I am sure he wouldn't mind telling the names. I gota PM about it and thought that was a cool idea he had and want to go although I am a little north. I was just not sure if it was ethical to advertise on the site, I am sure that's why he hadn't mentioned it in a public room either. But his businesses should definately be on the pro-gun list and I personally think that if it became public knowledge that he offers discount to open carriers he'd get free advertisement because it will end up on the news.....lol

just_a_car I'll PM you.

just_a_car

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
They are a members Restaraunts. If noone has a problem with that, I am sure he wouldn't mind telling the names. I gota PM about it and thought that was a cool idea he had and want to go although I am a little north. I was just not sure if it was ethical to advertise on the site, I am sure that's why he hadn't mentioned it in a public room either. But his businesses should definately be on the pro-gun list and I personally think that if it became public knowledge that he offers discount to open carriers he'd get free advertisement because it will end up on the news.....lol

just_a_car I'll PM you.
K, well if you hear that they don't have a problem with it being on the list and being public, I'll put it up. Kind of defeats the purpose of keeping it under the hat if I up and post it now.

I'm certainly happy to go there rather than other places when I know both me and my accessories will be welcome.

shad0wfax

imported post

The line here at Denny's in Pullman was out the door from 7am to 2pm and there wasn't a table open for more than just long enough to bus it. Customers were "hot-seating" the entire time.

It wasn't worth waiting that long for a free Grand Slam, so I just went elsewhere and OC'd.