Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: First timer, OC'ing Saturday Night

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    First time poster and my very first time OC'ing Saturday night to pick upa pizza onCoursey Blvd. in Baton Rouge, LA.

    My Mom and I had completed the classroom requirement for our CCW permit up in Baker earlier in the day and they briefly mentioned how open carrying is in fact legal here in LA. Guess I was feeling a bit more bold than usual so I did it. I actually carried an open firearm into a business to conduct business.

    I was nervous as all hell but still did it. I was in the place for a whopping 5 minutes, made eye contact, smiled and nodded my head at a few of the patrons on the way in and again on the way out.I'm not sure if the guy behind the counter noticed or not but he was nice as usual.

    Overall, this virgin OC'er enjoyed a rather uneventfulfood pickup-justthe way I like it.

    Yep, I'll do it again.

    Dirty




  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    Mark- I picked it up at Rotolo's. Can't beat that large two topping carnivores delight they have as their Saturday Night Special.

    We know each other from years back. I had that solar energy business back when wheels were square and talked about going off-grid for that place up north.

    They mentioned your case specifically in the class as a case for OC'ing and how it's not good to ask a LEO if a right expressly lined out in the Constitution is legal or not. Good on ya again for standing up to the Man.

    Dirty


  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    I was waiting for that one Mark.. Ms. Dirty isn't overly keen on the notion in the least (we'll discuss it over a long cup o' Joe soon), but I imagine I'll do a combination of all of the above as the situation dictates.

    Even though I didn't grow up on the spineless chicken ranch I still think I'll wait it out a skosh longer to venture forth proudly displaying some gentle persuasion until I get that laminated card saying that I am indeed bonafide.

    Dirty

  4. #4
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222

    Post imported post

    dirty_sanchez wrote:
    They mentioned your case specifically in the class as a case for OC'ing and how it's not good to ask a LEO if a right expressly lined out in the Constitution is legal or not.
    I find it interesting that they are using Marks arrest and suit on GPD as part of the class discussion. Very cool. Maybe a few more citizens will finally get the word that OC is legal.

    I also like the point of not asking LEOs if it's legal of not. We've had several threads here recently where members question LEOs about OC. It can get so frustrating reading post like that.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    Bingo!

    It is important to note that the instructors didn't take a position either way regarding OC.

    But OC was mentioned in one of their slides.

    Dirty

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Why not just meet up with the two of us, OC'ing, ease your way into it?
    Getting my other half something to carry is on the A list, right after we pay the taxman his annual ransom.
    In penny's? :celebrate

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    dirty_sanchez wrote:
    Bingo!

    It is important to note that the instructors didn't take a position either way regarding OC.

    But OC was mentioned in one of their slides.

    Dirty
    Was that a class that Gordon taught? I took one in Dec. he talked about Mark, I had to tell him Iknew him.

    The other guy teaching, David and I didn't agree on a 19 yr. old being able to OC. He said 21 I said 21 to buy a handgun from a FFL not to carry or buy from a FTF.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    95

    Post imported post

    Mark, did you know that Waffle House is posted? There is a sign on the building. I saw one on the one in La Place, too.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    Carondalet wrote:
    Mark, did you know that Waffle House is posted? There is a sign on the building. I saw one on the one in La Place, too.
    I've been hearing for the last few years that Waffle House is anti. I haven't been there in a few years.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    125

    Post imported post

    charlie12 wrote:
    dirty_sanchez wrote:
    Bingo!

    It is important to note that the instructors didn't take a position either way regarding OC.

    But OC was mentioned in one of their slides.

    Dirty
    Was that a class that Gordon taught? I took one in Dec. he talked about Mark, I had to tell him Iknew him.

    The other guy teaching, David and I didn't agree on a 19 yr. old being able to OC. He said 21 I said 21 to buy a handgun from a FFL not to carry or buy from a FTF.
    I took Hutchinson's class with my mother on Jan 24th; he wasn't using slides, and didn't discuss OC except when I brought it up. Also, I think he said the 24th was the only class he was teaching at Baker Range that month, so I'm guessing it was a different instructor.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Starks ( not near water tower ), ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Next time the wife is in the mood for pizza, we'll have to try it. Do they serve alcoholic beverages there? If so, I'll not OC, leave it in the truck to be stolen.
    Solar has made a lot of headway since then, best as I can tell from a casual glance every now and again. That place "up north" has more than it's share of deer, fed them very recently. Matter of fact, they'll come right up to the windows of the camp at night to eat the corn we leave out for the coons.
    Within a month, we should be heading back to Gonzales to visit the eldest daughter and dine at the Waffle House alongside I - 10.
    Ya' gonna be a regular OC'er, or wimp out and CC along with the rest of the slaves?:celebrate
    You do as much retard the advance of OC as you have done to advance it. Your ****** up attitude is a real shame, you could be a useful proponet of OC but not with that SO combative in yer face manner



    Just sayin.........you did a good job with the Gonzales deal but you negate it with your overbearing bordering on bullying attitude on OC vs Concealed



    Get off the Po Po 's ass and work your magic without jumpin in everybodys face



    You start that kinda crap with me in person we gonna be lockin the guns in somebodys trunk

  12. #12
    Regular Member Syntax Error's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Monroe, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    49

    Post imported post

    Yrdawg wrote:
    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Next time the wife is in the mood for pizza, we'll have to try it. Do they serve alcoholic beverages there? If so, I'll not OC, leave it in the truck to be stolen.
    Solar has made a lot of headway since then, best as I can tell from a casual glance every now and again. That place "up north" has more than it's share of deer, fed them very recently. Matter of fact, they'll come right up to the windows of the camp at night to eat the corn we leave out for the coons.
    Within a month, we should be heading back to Gonzales to visit the eldest daughter and dine at the Waffle House alongside I - 10.
    Ya' gonna be a regular OC'er, or wimp out and CC along with the rest of the slaves?:celebrate
    You do as much retard the advance of OC as you have done to advance it. Your @#$%ed up attitude is a real shame, you could be a useful proponet of OC but not with that SO combative in yer face manner



    Just sayin.........you did a good job with the Gonzales deal but you negate it with your overbearing bordering on bullying attitude on OC vs Concealed



    Get off the Po Po 's ass and work your magic without jumpin in everybodys face



    You start that kinda crap with me in person we gonna be lockin the guns in somebodys trunk
    WTF?!? Did I misread MEM's statement? All I saw was a jab between old friends. You're kinda "quick on the draw" to be carrying EITHER way IMHO

    R/Matt

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Starks ( not near water tower ), ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    Hi Ya Matt

    Just a line to let you know that I don't need or welcome your opinion on my suitability to carry or not



    From now on when the grown ups are talking I want you to be quiet and listen to learn



    Thank You

    Mr Dawg











  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330

    Post imported post

    Just found the site. Glad I did. I'm a student at LSU. I am taking my CCW course this coming Saturday, but I am curious about OC'ing. My wife is not sure about my P95. She was never around guns as kid. But I would like to start OC'ing. Curious about places like Wally World, Bass Pro.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the info. Certainly keep me informed about a meeting, I would love to attend.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Syntax Error's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Monroe, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    49

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Welcome to the board, please try to ignore the flamers.

    Mark
    I don't want to be a flamer. I will seek help

    Matt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •