• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First timer, OC'ing Saturday Night

dirty_sanchez

imported post

First time poster and my very first time OC'ing Saturday night to pick upa pizza onCoursey Blvd. in Baton Rouge, LA.

My Mom and I had completed the classroom requirement for our CCW permit up in Baker earlier in the day and they briefly mentioned how open carrying is in fact legal here in LA. Guess I was feeling a bit more bold than usual so I did it. I actually carried an open firearm into a business to conduct business.

I was nervous as all hell but still did it. I was in the place for a whopping 5 minutes, made eye contact, smiled and nodded my head at a few of the patrons on the way in and again on the way out.I'm not sure if the guy behind the counter noticed or not but he was nice as usual.

Overall, this virgin OC'er enjoyed a rather uneventfulfood pickup-justthe way I like it.

Yep, I'll do it again.

Dirty

dirty_sanchez

imported post

Mark- I picked it up at Rotolo's. Can't beat that large two topping carnivores delight they have as their Saturday Night Special.

We know each other from years back. I had that solar energy business back when wheels were square and talked about going off-grid for that place up north.

They mentioned your case specifically in the class as a case for OC'ing and how it's not good to ask a LEO if a right expressly lined out in the Constitution is legal or not. Good on ya again for standing up to the Man.

Dirty

imported post

Next time the wife is in the mood for pizza, we'll have to try it. Do they serve alcoholic beverages there? If so, I'll not OC, leave it in the truck to be stolen.
Solar has made a lot of headway since then, best as I can tell from a casual glance every now and again. That place "up north" has more than it's share of deer, fed them very recently. Matter of fact, they'll come right up to the windows of the camp at night to eat the corn we leave out for the coons.
Within a month, we should be heading back to Gonzales to visit the eldest daughter and dine at the Waffle House alongside I - 10.
Ya' gonna be a regular OC'er, or wimp out and CC along with the rest of the slaves?:celebrate

dirty_sanchez

imported post

I was waiting for that one Mark.. Ms. Dirty isn't overly keen on the notion in the least (we'll discuss it over a long cup o' Joe soon), but I imagine I'll do a combination of all of the above as the situation dictates.

Even though I didn't grow up on the spineless chicken ranch I still think I'll wait it out a skosh longer to venture forth proudly displaying some gentle persuasion until I get that laminated card saying that I am indeed bonafide.

Dirty

sraacke

imported post

dirty_sanchez wrote:
They mentioned your case specifically in the class as a case for OC'ing and how it's not good to ask a LEO if a right expressly lined out in the Constitution is legal or not.

I find it interesting that they are using Marks arrest and suit on GPD as part of the class discussion. Very cool. Maybe a few more citizens will finally get the word that OC is legal.

I also like the point of not asking LEOs if it's legal of not. We've had several threads here recently where members question LEOs about OC. It can get so frustrating reading post like that.

dirty_sanchez

imported post

Bingo!

It is important to note that the instructors didn't take a position either way regarding OC.

But OC was mentioned in one of their slides.

Dirty

charlie12

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Why not just meet up with the two of us, OC'ing, ease your way into it?
Getting my other half something to carry is on the A list, right after we pay the taxman his annual ransom.
In penny's? :celebrate

charlie12

imported post

dirty_sanchez wrote:
Bingo!

It is important to note that the instructors didn't take a position either way regarding OC.

Dirty

Was that a class that Gordon taught? I took one in Dec. he talked about Mark, I had to tell him Iknew him.

The other guy teaching, David and I didn't agree on a 19 yr. old being able to OC. He said 21 I said 21 to buy a handgun from a FFL not to carry or buy from a FTF.

charlie12

imported post

Carondalet wrote:
Mark, did you know that Waffle House is posted? There is a sign on the building. I saw one on the one in La Place, too.
I've been hearing for the last few years that Waffle House is anti. I haven't been there in a few years.

Seigi

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
dirty_sanchez wrote:
Bingo!

Dirty

Was that a class that Gordon taught? I took one in Dec. he talked about Mark, I had to tell him Iknew him.

The other guy teaching, David and I didn't agree on a 19 yr. old being able to OC. He said 21 I said 21 to buy a handgun from a FFL not to carry or buy from a FTF.
I took Hutchinson's class with my mother on Jan 24th; he wasn't using slides, and didn't discuss OC except when I brought it up. Also, I think he said the 24th was the only class he was teaching at Baker Range that month, so I'm guessing it was a different instructor.

Yrdawg

imported post

Next time the wife is in the mood for pizza, we'll have to try it. Do they serve alcoholic beverages there? If so, I'll not OC, leave it in the truck to be stolen.
Solar has made a lot of headway since then, best as I can tell from a casual glance every now and again. That place "up north" has more than it's share of deer, fed them very recently. Matter of fact, they'll come right up to the windows of the camp at night to eat the corn we leave out for the coons.
Within a month, we should be heading back to Gonzales to visit the eldest daughter and dine at the Waffle House alongside I - 10.
Ya' gonna be a regular OC'er, or wimp out and CC along with the rest of the slaves?:celebrate

You do as much retard the advance of OC as you have done to advance it. Your ****** up attitude is a real shame, you could be a useful proponet of OC but not with that SO combative in yer face manner

Just sayin.........you did a good job with the Gonzales deal but you negate it with your overbearing bordering on bullying attitude on OC vs Concealed

Get off the Po Po 's ass and work your magic without jumpin in everybodys face

You start that kinda crap with me in person we gonna be lockin the guns in somebodys trunk

Syntax Error

imported post

Yrdawg wrote:

You do as much retard the advance of OC as you have done to advance it. Your @#$%ed up attitude is a real shame, you could be a useful proponet of OC but not with that SO combative in yer face manner

Just sayin.........you did a good job with the Gonzales deal but you negate it with your overbearing bordering on bullying attitude on OC vs Concealed

Get off the Po Po 's ass and work your magic without jumpin in everybodys face

You start that kinda crap with me in person we gonna be lockin the guns in somebodys trunk

WTF?!? Did I misread MEM's statement? All I saw was a jab between old friends. You're kinda "quick on the draw" to be carrying EITHER way IMHO

R/Matt

Yrdawg

imported post

Hi Ya Matt

Just a line to let you know that I don't need or welcome your opinion on my suitability to carry or not

From now on when the grown ups are talking I want you to be quiet and listen to learn

Thank You

Mr Dawg

:lol:

rmansu2

imported post

Just found the site. Glad I did. I'm a student at LSU. I am taking my CCW course this coming Saturday, but I am curious about OC'ing. My wife is not sure about my P95. She was never around guns as kid. But I would like to start OC'ing. Curious about places like Wally World, Bass Pro.

imported post

Welcome to the board, please try to ignore the flamers.
You can OC in any store in Louisiana, except if there's consumption of alcoholic beverages in premises.
If it has a sign saying no firearms allowed, the worst they can do is ask you to leave, which you better do.
I'll be going to Academy on Siegen later today to purchase a Remington 870 shotgun, OC'ing the whole time.
Yale will probably arrange an OC gathering later in April, you're welcome to join us.

Mark