• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brace yourselves

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

6L6GC wrote:
SNIP Warner has always been a scum of the earth liberal even though he runs as a republican. He is a chump who has stabbed what few conservatives there are in the back. He is perhapls the worst turn coat in Virginia politics in a long time. He's a perfect example of why the term "republican" is a meaningless gesture nowadays.
There's been a change.

Its no longer Senator John Warner. Its now Senator Mark Warner.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
There's been a change.

Its no longer Senator John Warner. Its now Senator Mark Warner.

Well, Citizen, you're half right. It's no longer Senator John Warner; it's now Mark Warner.

But there's been no change :lol:

Mark Warner is junior senator, who has to do as he's told to stay a senator.

Unless the repubs can field a strong candidate who doesn't run on the Christian Right ticket, they've given up Virginia. As it stands today, I think an independent could beat the type of Republican candidates we've seen, and you need a strong organization with lots of money to defeat the Dem machine.

The Donkey

imported post

6L6GC wrote.
. . . Warner has always been a scum of the earth liberal even though he runs as a republican. He is a chump who has stabbed what few conservatives there are in the back. He is perhapls the worst turn coat in Virginia politics in a long time. He's a perfect example of why the term "republican" is a meaningless gesture nowadays.

Webb is, uh, well, just like warner. So what if he is a former Marine. He is a disgrace to the uniform now. typical lowlife. If you in VA recall, Webb is the liar for hire that ran the campaign ad for Hussin O stating that the obamanist would pose no danger to our gun owner rights. I knew then that webb is a political, uh, harlot.

I think you have confused John Warner with Mark Warner.

As for the AWB, you can count on both Webb and Warner to oppose it.

The Holder nomination fight was not about guns: it was about the pardon of Mark Rich. Holder cannot deliver an AWB without the senate, which he does not have.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

AL +1 :celebrate -1 :cuss:

gridlock that doesn't work.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

On the bright side, government corruption is over with this this joker.
He will never meet an government position that breaks the law for the next 4 years.
Freeing up much needed prison space for the rest of us.

Lets hope all that new national park money is for signs letting the people know you can carry now!!!

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

6L6GC wrote:
the problem is that there wasn't enough of us voting againsthim. Warner has always been a scum of the earth liberal even though he runs as a republican. He is a chump who has stabbed what few conservatives there are in the back. He is perhapls the worst turn coat in Virginia politics in a long time. He's a perfect example of why the term "republican" is a meaningless gesture nowadays.

Webb is, uh, well, just like warner. So what if he is a former Marine. He is a disgrace to the uniform now. typical lowlife. If you in VA recall, Webb is the liar for hire that ran the campaign ad for Hussin O stating that the obamanist would pose no danger to our gun owner rights. I knew then that webb is a political, uh, harlot.
I think you are confused. VIrginia has no Republican Senators. Senator John Warner (R) Virginia left the Senate on January 3 2009 and was replaced by Senator Mark Warner (D) Virginia. Please do not get the two confused when making commentary. It is MARK Warner that is now screwing with us and it is Mark Warner that promised that Obama was not targeting firearms.

Tomahawk

imported post

Cracks me up that McCain voted yea. Disn't McCain also vote yea for Hillary's confirmation? I thought when he was running Hillary and the liberals were the worst thing since burnt toast? I guess up there in that rarified air they are all just buddies after all. Sure makes me happy I didn't vote for that jackass, either.

suntzu

imported post

I'm very disappointed in the Tennessee delegation...

hold onto your rights, because everything that we love as Americans is about to be changed.

the Constitution and the Bill of Rights contained therein stands or falls together...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
I think you have confused John Warner with Mark Warner.

The Holder nomination fight was not about guns: it was about the pardon of Mark Rich. Holder cannot deliver an AWB without the senate, which he does not have.
I'll believe it when I see it.

As I said before, Warner is a junior senator who must do as he's told.

Much like Gillibrand did on this vote.

The Donkey

imported post

hlh wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
Can I hold you to this?
You can hold both Senators to it because both of them have promised to oppose it.

And yes, if they lied, I would expect you to waggle a :p at me at very least.

The Donkey

imported post

Tess wrote:
. . . .

As I said before, Warner is a junior senator who must do as he's told.

. . . .

Sen. Warner is Presidential material who does not want to screw up his chances by not keeping his word.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Sen. Warner is Presidential material who does not want to screw up his chances by not keeping his word.

I beg to differ. Presidents lead, they don't follow.

Well, wait a minute. Good presidents lead. Those we've had lately haven't exactly been role models.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
SNIP Sen. Warner is Presidential material who does not want to screw up his chances by not keeping his word.

Oooops. Here comes the political operative, again.

Sorry, Donk. The only time I see you in person or on the forum is when you're pitching the dems. Some of your arguments seem rather superficial sometimes.

Like the one above. Oh, yeah. Right. How many politicians have we come across who wereconcerned about screwing up their chances by not keeping their word? Seems like plenty of them knew and know they don't hurt their chances much by not keeping their word.

Rings as hollow as some of Hamilton's sales-pitch in The Federalist Papers.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:

So you're saying 75 senators were okay with the pardon of Mark Rich? All the more reason to vote the bastards out.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
So you're saying 75 senators were okay with the pardon of Mark Rich? All the more reason to vote the bastards out.

Good point, Tess.

But you really shouldn'tdiscuss their mothers that way. :)

Huck

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
The description of the thread is, "Holder confirmed"... As in Eric Holder, the guy helped write the Assault Weapons Ban. The guy who believes the second amendment does not grant rights to individuals, the same one who sent a memorandum to the supreme court stating such. The guy fails at being "for the people."
He certainly fails at being "for the people", just like the cull that nominated him and the clowns that confirmed him.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Not sure if this has been posted before:

http://volokh.com/posts/1227228105.shtml

snip:

But at the least, the Reno-Holder brief accurately expressed the position of the Department of Justice when Janet Reno was Attorney General and Eric Holder was Deputy Attorney General. At the oral argument before the Fifth Circuit in United States v. Emerson, the Assistant U.S. Attorney told the panel that the Second Amendment was no barrier to gun confiscation, not even of the confiscation of guns from on-duty National Guardsmen.

TFred

imported post

Tess wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
No, didn't you listen to the hearings? Just like the other, tax cheating cabinet members, "It was a mistake".

All is forgiven now, and we certainly won't be doing any more of that!

Puke.