• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wondered when today would come

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

626.9 just applies to firearms. But there is a regulation that says you can't carry ammunition onto school grounds. So...stay off school property and you should be fine.

D53

imported post

well I was able to get a recorder with my gift card, one step back in:

recorder.jpg

bombmaster

imported post

D53 wrote:
Well I am fairly new to the open carry idea, I have been on the board for a couple months and I have open carried for about 3-4 months or so. Well today while at Best Buy in Citrus Heights I finally had my first confrontaion with LEO while open carrying.

I live in Citrus Heights also. If the LEO truly felt thatothers seeing your weapon,could causethem to get aggressive, he would help you lobby for CCW "shall issue". I doubt this is the issue. I haven't yetUOCed. I plan on soon. Im wondering about the holster. Can I use a thigh mount withmad pouches on the holster? or does the magazines need to be not attached to the holster. any Ideas?

Here is what it looks like.

FMCDH

imported post

bombmaster wrote:
I live in Citrus Heights also. If the LEO truly felt thatothers seeing your weapon,could causethem to get aggressive, he would help you lobby for CCW "shall issue". I doubt this is the issue. I haven't yetUOCed. I plan on soon. Im wondering about the holster. Can I use a thigh mount withmad pouches on the holster? or does the magazines need to be not attached to the holster. any Ideas?

Here is what it looks like.
Is that an FN FiveSeven?

As for the holster, as far as everything I have read, its perfectly legal for the mag pouches to be part of the holster as you show it, but all LEOs in California may not agree or know it. The question I always ask is, how far do you want to push it?

When carrying in Ca. I wore my mags in a separate mag pouch on the opposite side of my belt. I think this makes the first load and reloads faster anyway.

FMCDH

imported post

bombmaster wrote:
I dont know its not my picture.
Pretty sure thats a FiveSeven. No other pistol I have ever seen has that square mag release and swooping back. THAT is a fun gun to shoot.

bombmaster

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Pretty sure thats a FiveSeven. No other pistol I have ever seen has that square mag release and swooping back. THAT is a fun gun to shoot.
I have to add a FiveSevento my must try "bucket list".

FMCDH

imported post

bombmaster wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
I have to add a FiveSevento my must try "bucket list".
Due to its funky index finger safety, I don't think I would ever use it as my primary carry pistol, but if you don't mind carrying it with safety off, you have one heck of a SD pistol with a lot of desirable features. 20+1 capacity with the standard mag. Accuracy of a small rifle round. Recoil of a .22WMR and the stop power most people equate to a 9mm. I would tend to agree having seen the 197 V-Max bullets go up against standard 9mm HP on bricks, wood and ballistic gelatin covered by leather.

I suppose the index safety issue could be trained around if someone really wanted to carry it as a primary, but the bullets are so bleeding expensive that such training is a bit cost prohibitive.

cbpeck

imported post

Hello,

Is it legal for a resident of another state to UOC while they are visiting CA? I live in Washington state, and I'm hoping to find a way to carry in and around Glendora during the weekend of my friend's wedding (at his request). I suspect that if anybody were to be harassed by LE it would be a non-resident, but I don't know for sure. I Read through the californiaopencarry.org website, but didn't see anything on non-residents carrying within CA. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

pullnshoot25

imported post

cbpeck wrote:
Hello,

Is it legal for a resident of another state to UOC while they are visiting CA? I live in Washington state, and I'm hoping to find a way to carry in and around Glendora during the weekend of my friend's wedding (at his request). I suspect that if anybody were to be harassed by LE it would be a non-resident, but I don't know for sure. I Read through the californiaopencarry.org website, but didn't see anything on non-residents carrying within CA. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
You are an American and you can open carry if you want, no state rules regarding non-residents. Make sure though you follow the law to the letter though or else your stay here will be longer than expected. Bring a voice recorder!

FMCDH

imported post

cbpeck wrote:
Hello,

California state law explicitly states that "American Citizens" have the right to OC, although in not so many words. LE there doesn't seem to care if you are from in-state or out of state when they are "dealing" with you in an OC situation.

That said however, there are TONS of restrictions as you probably read. I recently got back from a 1 week training trip to Cali in Orange County, Anaheim. You can read my thread here for some tips and tricks on staying out of trouble.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21113.html

Send me a PM if you have questions. Also, Cato is a great source of information.