• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Compacts

G

imported post

How 'bout a beretta PX4 Subcompact. Kinda hard to find right now, but it looks great, and plenty of ammo in teh mag. (13+1)

Edit: .40S&W is out, but the gun is still hard to find at the moment...

t3rmin

imported post

Love my Kel-Tec P11. I have the +1 mag extension on my 12rd mag for 13+1 in a teensy-weensy package. Never had a malfunction. I carry it with the metal Kel-Tec belt clip - no added holster bulk for the ultimate in hi-cap concealability.

YllwFvr

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Wonder if he bought anything and if so what it was.

Went back to the store and before I picked anything the fella ran me. FAIL again! The lady on the phone made sure the salesman told me to challenge it. Make sure he sends in a challenge form she said. He told me they have never said that before... Something minor I hope. I just got this terrible feeling I'm not going to be able to get one again. I need to see whats on my record, cant wait for the PICS challenge to come back!!!

All he had there of interest was a PT145 taurus millenium and I really loved the Kimber 1911 though it was just too big. Fit my hand so good! I will have to wait I guess!

YllwFvr

imported post

thnycav wrote:
I carry a Glock 30. Fine weapon I'm firing 3" groups at 25 meters. All 10 rounds in there.

Ok just a quick update. I went to the store, and was denied. A couple weeks later I got a letter of reversal and went to the store and picked up a Glock 30. What a great pistol. Thank you all for your help. Im also going to look at that EMP 1911 when I get some more cash.

Thanks again.

Spectre

imported post

My personal preferences for a compact handgun would be Glocks 36, 26, or 27; Taurus Millenium Pros, and snubby revolvers; Springfield EMP; Bersa Thunder compact 9mm and .380; Ruger LCP; Keltec P-32, and P3AT; any J Frame S&W; any snubbie Charter Arms; Snubby Rossi's; Colt Detective Special; and on and on and on and on....

To be honest I'de recomend almost any compact firearms from a reputable manufacturer.

curtm1911

imported post

+1 on the P-11 Kel-Tec mine goes with me everyday sometimes as primary carry sometimes as BUG to my PT-1911 two extra 12 round mags and a 12 in it with one in the pipe. It goes BANG everytime too.

Go to the Kel Tec website, order the Steel Recoil Spring Guide, I did it and it seems to tighten the gun and even, at least for me, the groups too

teleknees

imported post

really dig the g23. i have a g22 and yeah its big. i know it is. i really like the gun though, so who knows maybe down the road ill go with the 23, or maybe the 9mm....g17.

glock fits really good in my hands.

YllwFvr

imported post

teleknees wrote:
really dig the g23. i have a g22 and yeah its big. i know it is. i really like the gun though, so who knows maybe down the road ill go with the 23, or maybe the 9mm....g17.

glock fits really good in my hands.
Had the 22. Got rid of it for a taurus millenium pro. I regret that very much. Loved the g22 just not too great on CC. Then again back then i wouldnt have OCed

teleknees

imported post

thanks for your thought. im from the climbing community so its always fun to talk gear and preference. guns is the same and its always cool to learn. yeah CC is going to be tough but im OCing for now till i get my CFP.

if i got more small im definitely staying with glock. my brother and dad don't like how it "kicks" so much...hmm excuse me? you hold a device that can stop a person. who cars!? balls up!

YllwFvr

imported post

teleknees wrote:
thanks for your thought. im from the climbing community so its always fun to talk gear and preference. guns is the same and its always cool to learn. yeah CC is going to be tough but im OCing for now till i get my CFP.

if i got more small im definitely staying with glock. my brother and dad don't like how it "kicks" so much...hmm excuse me? you hold a device that can stop a person. who cars!? balls up!

I would have liked to try one like yours mine was a 22C and it would be nice to see if there was a noticeable difference in felt recoil

actually heres a video of me shooting it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGZsTLJIyA

edit: spelling

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not much of a Glock fan generally speaking, however, a friend recently got a NIB 19 (compact 9mm) and I must say I was impressed. Dry firing it, it has the best trigger feel of any Glock I have fired or dry fired. The break is very crisp making my XD and her husband's Glock 30 feel mushy in comparison. I'm looking forward to her allowing me some range time with it and to find out how the trigger feels after break-in.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I'm a 1911 guy, but my wife just picked up a S&W M&P 9mm compact that shoots like a dream, fits in any of my pockets with the shorter magazine and switches grip panels to fit both our hand sizes. The best part about it is that she finally picked out her own firearm! Now to get her to carry the damn thing...

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Here are the three smallest guns I would ever carry:

EDIT: S&W 442, S&W M&P 9mm Compact, Springfield EMP (9mm)

Sorry about that. The lightest and most powerful is the revo, the highest capacity (12+1) goes to the M&P, and the best shooter and all my all around fav is the EMP.

YllwFvr

imported post

you forgot to label them. I was looking at getting a small revolver as a backup. The one on the left looks nice.
That's why I'm suggesting you label them ;)