Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOCTOR REFUSES PAPERWORK

Post imported post

My CHP is up for renewal in Louisiana. The state Police requires a medical form for anyone taking certain prescriptions. My doctor refuses to fill out this form because he says I need a different type of doctor to fill this paperwork out. He prescribes the medication, but won't fill out the paperwork. I have another doctor that might fill out the paperwork, but if she does not, my CHP will not be renewed. I have had my permit for 12 years. Also, my doctor says he feels no one should be carrying guns. I will be searching for a new doctor. Any suggestions.

Post imported post

Update. I went to my business doctor to see if he could fill out the paperwork. He called his attorney for advice and his attorney told him not to fill out the paperwork. now we have doctors and attorneys trampeling on our rights.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

It probably won't help, but once you get another doctor lined up as your new primary care physician you can try going back to your current care provider, and letting him know the score. If he requires that another doctor fill out the paperwork, ask him for a reference. If he is unable provide one, you might advise him that you are going to do the following:
    • Rate him 0/5 on your provider network.
    • Rate him 0/5 on Angies List, and any other networks that he is a member of
    • File a complaint against his practice with the Better Business Bureau, for impeding your civil rights.
    In the long run it will probably be easier to find a pro 2A doctor as your new primary care physician, and wait for the prescription to run out so that he can refill it.

I don't know that any of the above will work, but it is what I might try in the same situation.

Post imported post

My concern with OCing is all the school zones. I will OC if my CHP is not renewed!

Post imported post

First, I accessed this site through Louisiana Carry. Second, if you are annoyed with the thread, simply move along to another. I thought the purpose of these threads was for all gun owners who carry. If my doctor will not fill out the paperwork for my concealed carry permit, why is it so hard to comprehend that gun ownership can require something like this. It affects all gun owners.

Post imported post

NOT YET!

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    the name of the site is OPEN CARRY.ORG.
    There are quite a few sites devoted to concealed carry, pick one...
    Yeah, but IMHO that's no reason to blow a new user off.

The newbie may be thinking - man, these OC guys are a narrow minded, unfriendly bunch!

Post imported post

the name of the site is OPEN CARRY.ORG.
    There are quite a few sites devoted to concealed carry, pick one.
    NO, a doctor's "permission slip" has no bearing on OC'ing, at least not in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA, at least not yet.

and even if it does come to that, well, I guess at that point I'll be a criminal, in good company, too. If more and more people would throw off the shackles of CCW and OC, the state would lose part of it's grip on us. It's time, no, it's PAST time, for free men everywhere to stand up.
    +1

This is an OPEN carry site. We're here b/c we specifically want to discuss OC situations and OC in general. So why would you expect to get CC helpful info ?

Personaly I feel it's CC permit holders that help the Anti's. Your paying for your right. You've bent over for the government. By paying for your permit, your paying for the state to restrict your rights even more. It's bad enough with taxes, but with this your directly feeding the BULL !

When they start handing out permits for your to "Express your 1st Amendment RIGHT", Will you be in line to get one !?!? Sounds to me like you will

I sure as hell won't, just like I sure as hell ain't paying for my right to defend my family with a handgun.

Who's really helping the Anti's ?

Post imported post

Do like we do: stay out of the school zones, no biggie.
    Please tell me how you do that. How can you drive down any major street without encountering a school zone? Do you have the boundaries of every school zone in the state memorized?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I might be wrong, but I'mwondering ifthere are professional ethics being violated. As in, maybe a formal letter to the licensing board.

Also, I'm little suspicious that a doctor prescibes the medicine but can't or won't fill out a form related to it.

Also, its a form required by the state, no?

Something for the session of the state legislature.

Be careful pushing on a doctor to fill out the form. Its one thing to refuse to fill it out. Its something else to fill it out to your disadvantage, especially if medical judgements are called for, things that aren't disputable facts.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Mark,

Themisanthropicattitude doesn't really help much.

I think there is a lot of room for people to learn. When I first became active at 2A, I had no idea of the depth of the problem. Nor, had I viewed all the angles to see how really bad it is.

Having "turned my back" on my rights as a teen who failed to grasp their importance, lulled by the spin "this is America, it can't possibly happen here", does not make me or anyone else a coward or sheepdeserving of the criticism leveledabove.

Please try to contribute here on the forum in a way thataddsto the personal contributions you've made already. You've already earned our deep respect for what you accomplished. Don't tear that down with bitterness.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Sorry you got the response you did, b36rjm.

LA Carry would like to see the doctors' part of the process abolished (well, the whole process abolished, but that is another story) for this type of reason.

You are doing well to be looking for a new doctor.

Are you sure you need the medicine?

If you have any questions, I visit this board and http://bayoushooters.com to try to answer people's questions, or I have a toll free number and a contact page on lacarry.org

I hope your situation resolves itself in a timely and reasonable manner.

Be safe.

Post imported post

Thanks La carry. I started this thread with the idea that what happens to any gun owner can happen to another. I was hoping you would be on this site from the info you have given on other threads on this site. Also, it seems that some on this site really prefer confrontation with authority instead of looking for solutions to problems. I thought I might get some helpful suggestions here instead of being told to go to another site. I won't make the mistake again of posting a CC question here.

Post imported post

Mark, man, why don't you back the hell off?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
    LC,

I can tell you from experience, that isn't going to work.

Mark has some very strong opinions.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Louisiana Carry wrote:
    LC,

I do also, and I respect Mark.

I am an anarcho-capitalist, and share many of his views.

The way he and I differ is in the realm of public relations. I even understand his take on it, but I refuse to give up on the human race, despite ample reason.

Post imported post

b36rjm wrote:
    My concern with OCing is all the school zones. I will OC if my CHP is not renewed!
    Your Louisiana CHP has nothing to do with School Zones. You can't carry in a school zone with a CHP unless you are in your car. So what's the problem?

Post imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Louisiana Carry wrote:
    LC,

I do also, and I respect Mark.

I am an anarcho-capitalist, and share many of his views.

The way he and I differ is in the realm of public relations. I even understand his take on it, but I refuse to give up on the human race, despite ample reason.
    How would having a CHP, or refusing to get one have anything to do with what I've highlighted above.

Mark makes the best point. Same as I said, before too. Same as most believe on this forum. Having a permit to Conceal might be efficient and nice, but IT IS INDEED, Giving In to the system.

You two (Citizen and LA) both are fully aware of how the government works. It's a slow, long standing, blood sucking process. Little by little by little. So first you pay for CHP's, then what's next ? Next is we'll be paying for OC permits. That's the nature of the beast.

Here's a question I have;

By paying for a CHP, do you think we are closer to getting CHP's for FREE, or

closer to having to pay to OC ?

This is why I say that by bowing down to the system, you are more of a proponent for the Anti's than for the Pro 2A guys.

Sorry, but I don't see the difference :?

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum b6. Not everyone is as rude as some are here. You are a gun owner, and support the 2nd amendment. Good luck in getting through the hoops necessary to exercise your Right in the way you choose. In between the posts of those who don't like people without views in lockstep with their own, you have received some decent information.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

No, wright, you are wrong. A person who applies for a permit doesn't honor the 2nd amendment, but pisses on it. Anyone with a permit is NOT exercising a right. Ask any first year law student. A person holding ANY permit is engaged in PRIVILEGED ACTIVITY. Please learn the difference.
    The man's not exercising a right, he's playing into the hands of the state who want everyone to consider them as some sort of diety.
    Ya'll can worship the state, my God is Jesus Christ, accept no substitutes.
    That is your opinion, and nothing else. Your rudeness about your opinion doesn't help a thing.

I understand the legal view, and while I technically agree with it, the choice of carry is a choice of Right exercise. The paperwork required by most states for that exercise does not change it from a Right in my eyes.

If openly carrying a firearm is considered a Right under the United States Constitution (as a Right to Keep and Bear Arms), what valid argument is there for a restriction upon concealed carry of a firearms? Having the state require licensing does not make it a privilege, it only treats it as one. CC has become a de facto privilege because it is licensed; it isn't licensed because it is a privilege.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    That is your opinion, and nothing else.
    Huh ?

What YOU said, is actualy an opinion.

You don't have to have a Law degree either, to know the difference between "Right" & "Privilage".

Post imported post

You have become so amusing. I respect nothing you have to say. I have known many people with an attitude like yours. If people do not bow down to your way of thinking, they are stupid. But as you say, aren't free men, piss on the second amendment, etc. Your way of thinking gives the anti gunners more ammo. I'm glad the anti's aren't on this site. You sound like a raving lunatic!

Post imported post

Like I said, you amuse me. Anyone who does not march in lockstep with your OPINIONSis the enemy. LikeI said, I have known many people with your attitude. But, who has the option to carry the way they want? Someone who has a permit, or someone who doesn't. I, with a permit, can choose how I want to carry on any given day. You, on the other hand, are restricted by the laws and constitution of the State of Louisiana. Without a permit, you HAVE to open carry. You can't choose an alternative. I think both are good ways to carry.And by the way, I am proud to be aLouisiana citizen.

Post imported post

Which one of us is STAYIN STUPID? Some would differ with your opinion! You love that quote. keep using it.

Post imported post

Your chains are the limitations of your way of thinking. I do have to let a LEO know I am carrying when approached in an official manner. You, on the other hand have to let a LEO and everyone else know you are carrying. I really believe, reading this froum and other you have posted, you really crave confrontation. It's amazing. Disagreeing with those who don't march in lockstep with you give you an opportunity to argue under the guise of patriotism. I am injoying the give and take with you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast