• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOCTOR REFUSES PAPERWORK

b36rjm

imported post

My CHP is up for renewal in Louisiana. The state Police requires a medical form for anyone taking certain prescriptions. My doctor refuses to fill out this form because he says I need a different type of doctor to fill this paperwork out. He prescribes the medication, but won't fill out the paperwork. I have another doctor that might fill out the paperwork, but if she does not, my CHP will not be renewed. I have had my permit for 12 years. Also, my doctor says he feels no one should be carrying guns. I will be searching for a new doctor. Any suggestions.

b36rjm

imported post

Update. I went to my business doctor to see if he could fill out the paperwork. He called his attorney for advice and his attorney told him not to fill out the paperwork. now we have doctors and attorneys trampeling on our rights.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

It probably won't help, but once you get another doctor lined up as your new primary care physician you can try going back to your current care provider, and letting him know the score. If he requires that another doctor fill out the paperwork, ask him for a reference. If he is unable provide one, you might advise him that you are going to do the following:
  • Rate him 0/5 on your provider network.
  • Rate him 0/5 on Angies List, and any other networks that he is a member of
  • File a complaint against his practice with the Better Business Bureau, for impeding your civil rights.
In the long run it will probably be easier to find a pro 2A doctor as your new primary care physician, and wait for the prescription to run out so that he can refill it.

I don't know that any of the above will work, but it is what I might try in the same situation.

b36rjm

imported post

My concern with OCing is all the school zones. I will OC if my CHP is not renewed!

imported post

Do like we do: stay out of the school zones, no biggie.
For the life of me, I still don't comprehend why people constantly come to this forum, devoted to OC'ing, to discuss concealed permits and the associated headaches attached.

b36rjm

imported post

First, I accessed this site through Louisiana Carry. Second, if you are annoyed with the thread, simply move along to another. I thought the purpose of these threads was for all gun owners who carry. If my doctor will not fill out the paperwork for my concealed carry permit, why is it so hard to comprehend that gun ownership can require something like this. It affects all gun owners.

imported post

the name of the site is OPEN CARRY.ORG.
There are quite a few sites devoted to concealed carry, pick one.
NO, a doctor's "permission slip" has no bearing on OC'ing, at least not in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA, at least not yet.

imported post

and even if it does come to that, well, I guess at that point I'll be a criminal, in good company, too. If more and more people would throw off the shackles of CCW and OC, the state would lose part of it's grip on us. It's time, no, it's PAST time, for free men everywhere to stand up.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
There are quite a few sites devoted to concealed carry, pick one...

Yeah, but IMHO that's no reason to blow a new user off.

The newbie may be thinking - man, these OC guys are a narrow minded, unfriendly bunch!

Dustin

imported post

There are quite a few sites devoted to concealed carry, pick one.
NO, a doctor's "permission slip" has no bearing on OC'ing, at least not in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA, at least not yet.

and even if it does come to that, well, I guess at that point I'll be a criminal, in good company, too. If more and more people would throw off the shackles of CCW and OC, the state would lose part of it's grip on us. It's time, no, it's PAST time, for free men everywhere to stand up.
+1

This is an OPEN carry site. We're here b/c we specifically want to discuss OC situations and OC in general. So why would you expect to get CC helpful info ?

Personaly I feel it's CC permit holders that help the Anti's. Your paying for your right. You've bent over for the government. By paying for your permit, your paying for the state to restrict your rights even more. It's bad enough with taxes, but with this your directly feeding the BULL !

When they start handing out permits for your to "Express your 1st Amendment RIGHT", Will you be in line to get one !?!? Sounds to me like you will :(

I sure as hell won't, just like I sure as hell ain't paying for my right to defend my family with a handgun.

Who's really helping the Anti's ?

KBCraig

imported post

Do like we do: stay out of the school zones, no biggie.
Please tell me how you do that. How can you drive down any major street without encountering a school zone? Do you have the boundaries of every school zone in the state memorized?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I might be wrong, but I'mwondering ifthere are professional ethics being violated. As in, maybe a formal letter to the licensing board.

Also, I'm little suspicious that a doctor prescibes the medicine but can't or won't fill out a form related to it.

Also, its a form required by the state, no?

Something for the session of the state legislature.

Be careful pushing on a doctor to fill out the form. Its one thing to refuse to fill it out. Its something else to fill it out to your disadvantage, especially if medical judgements are called for, things that aren't disputable facts.

imported post

"You people" floor me. You turned your backs on your right to bear arms, submitted to a licensing scheme in lieu of your rights, subject yourselves to all the strings attached, now your bitching and whining about having to play their game.
To really amuse me, you now want the STATE LEGISLATURE to get involved !! If it weren't so tragic, it'd be funny.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mark,

Themisanthropicattitude doesn't really help much.

I think there is a lot of room for people to learn. When I first became active at 2A, I had no idea of the depth of the problem. Nor, had I viewed all the angles to see how really bad it is.

Having "turned my back" on my rights as a teen who failed to grasp their importance, lulled by the spin "this is America, it can't possibly happen here", does not make me or anyone else a coward or sheepdeserving of the criticism leveledabove.

Please try to contribute here on the forum in a way thatadds to the personal contributions you've made already. You've already earned our deep respect for what you accomplished. Don't tear that down with bitterness.

imported post

Bitter? LOL, not me. At this late stage of events, I find it extremely difficult to believe anyone, especially anyone on this board, doesn't have a grasp of the basics.
The state is the enemy of all of us. To choose not to exercise a right and, instead, submit to a state-licensing scheme/scam defies logic.
I'm not calling anyone in this thread either a coward or a sheep. But for someone to actually WANT to further involve the state legislature (especially the LOUISIANA state legislature) begs for even worse consequences.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Sorry you got the response you did, b36rjm.

LA Carry would like to see the doctors' part of the process abolished (well, the whole process abolished, but that is another story) for this type of reason.

You are doing well to be looking for a new doctor.

Are you sure you need the medicine?

If you have any questions, I visit this board and http://bayoushooters.com to try to answer people's questions, or I have a toll free number and a contact page on lacarry.org

I hope your situation resolves itself in a timely and reasonable manner.

Be safe.