• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOCTOR REFUSES PAPERWORK

b36rjm

imported post

Thanks La carry. I started this thread with the idea that what happens to any gun owner can happen to another. I was hoping you would be on this site from the info you have given on other threads on this site. Also, it seems that some on this site really prefer confrontation with authority instead of looking for solutions to problems. I thought I might get some helpful suggestions here instead of being told to go to another site. I won't make the mistake again of posting a CC question here.

imported post

As long as you OC, you don't have nearly the problems you "permitees" encounter.
What happens to you "permitees" as gun owners usually doesn't apply to all gun owners.
What you've got to understand is by applying for a permit, you have agreed to abide by THEIR rules. What you are doing is not exercising a right, but you are now engaged in PRIVILEGED ACTIVITY. Yea, I know. A lot of you "permitees" feel superior, "hey, look at me, I have a permit !!!" As far as I'm concerned, that drops you to the status as a second class citizen.
"Confrontation with authority." LOL, coming from a "permitee," I'm not surprised you don't comprehend this next fact, either. We the people ARE the authority. But to persons who beg permission to do something, you will probably never figure this out.
The solution to the problem in this matter is very, very, very simple: turn in your permit, problem solved. How you cannot see the forest for the trees is beyond me.
Again, as long as you want to play their game, in their court, by their rules, learn to accept what comes with it.
You've now gotten the most helpful suggestion you can possibly get anywhere. It's up to you to implement it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
Mark, man, why don't you back the hell off?

LC,

I can tell you from experience, that isn't going to work.

Mark has some very strong opinions.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Louisiana Carry wrote:

LC,

I do also, and I respect Mark.

I am an anarcho-capitalist, and share many of his views.

The way he and I differ is in the realm of public relations. I even understand his take on it, but I refuse to give up on the human race, despite ample reason.

charlie12

imported post

b36rjm wrote:
My concern with OCing is all the school zones. I will OC if my CHP is not renewed!
Your Louisiana CHP has nothing to do with School Zones. You can't carry in a school zone with a CHP unless you are in your car. So what's the problem?

Dustin

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Louisiana Carry wrote:

LC,

I do also, and I respect Mark.

I am an anarcho-capitalist, and share many of his views.

The way he and I differ is in the realm of public relations. I even understand his take on it, but I refuse to give up on the human race, despite ample reason.

How would having a CHP, or refusing to get one have anything to do with what I've highlighted above.

Mark makes the best point. Same as I said, before too. Same as most believe on this forum. Having a permit to Conceal might be efficient and nice, but IT IS INDEED, Giving In to the system.

You two (Citizen and LA) both are fully aware of how the government works. It's a slow, long standing, blood sucking process. Little by little by little. So first you pay for CHP's, then what's next ? Next is we'll be paying for OC permits. That's the nature of the beast.

Here's a question I have;

By paying for a CHP, do you think we are closer to getting CHP's for FREE, or

closer to having to pay to OC ?

This is why I say that by bowing down to the system, you are more of a proponent for the Anti's than for the Pro 2A guys.

Sorry, but I don't see the difference :?

wrightme

imported post

Welcome to the forum b6. Not everyone is as rude as some are here. You are a gun owner, and support the 2nd amendment. Good luck in getting through the hoops necessary to exercise your Right in the way you choose. In between the posts of those who don't like people without views in lockstep with their own, you have received some decent information.

imported post

No, wright, you are wrong. A person who applies for a permit doesn't honor the 2nd amendment, but pisses on it. Anyone with a permit is NOT exercising a right. Ask any first year law student. A person holding ANY permit is engaged in PRIVILEGED ACTIVITY. Please learn the difference.
The man's not exercising a right, he's playing into the hands of the state who want everyone to consider them as some sort of diety.
Ya'll can worship the state, my God is Jesus Christ, accept no substitutes.

wrightme

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, wright, you are wrong. A person who applies for a permit doesn't honor the 2nd amendment, but pisses on it. Anyone with a permit is NOT exercising a right. Ask any first year law student. A person holding ANY permit is engaged in PRIVILEGED ACTIVITY. Please learn the difference.
The man's not exercising a right, he's playing into the hands of the state who want everyone to consider them as some sort of diety.
Ya'll can worship the state, my God is Jesus Christ, accept no substitutes.
That is your opinion, and nothing else. Your rudeness about your opinion doesn't help a thing.

I understand the legal view, and while I technically agree with it, the choice of carry is a choice of Right exercise. The paperwork required by most states for that exercise does not change it from a Right in my eyes.

If openly carrying a firearm is considered a Right under the United States Constitution (as a Right to Keep and Bear Arms), what valid argument is there for a restriction upon concealed carry of a firearms? Having the state require licensing does not make it a privilege, it only treats it as one. CC has become a de facto privilege because it is licensed; it isn't licensed because it is a privilege.

imported post

No, that is not opinion, that is fact.
Carrying a weapon via a permit is not a right. If my word isn't acceptable, again, ask any first year law student.
If I get my wife to get on here and sugarcoat it, would that make it easier for you to believe?
Even in the Louisiana constitution, article 1 sec 11, it defines a citizen's right to bear arms, but also makes it abundantly clear (at least to me) concealing a weapon is not a right but is, in the eyes of the law, a privilege. Not that I agree with that concept, but that is what the constitution states.
The words "license" and "privilege" go hand in hand. I cannot break it down into any simpler terms, maybe someone else can.

b36rjm

imported post

You have become so amusing. I respect nothing you have to say. I have known many people with an attitude like yours. If people do not bow down to your way of thinking, they are stupid. But as you say, aren't free men, piss on the second amendment, etc. Your way of thinking gives the anti gunners more ammo. I'm glad the anti's aren't on this site. You sound like a raving lunatic!

imported post

I don't expect persons with your mindset to respect anything I say or do.
As Jerry Clower often said, "there's no shame in BEIN' stupid, the shame's in STAYIN' stupid." There's a lot of truth in that statement.
Whether you realize it or not, when you get right down to it, YOU are an "anti-gunner," despite the fact you profess to own one.
I am the anti-gunner's worst nightmare. Not only do I not bow and scrape for their prized permit, I make it quite clear to them, to their faces, the 2nd amendment isn't about protecting ourselves from street crime, but to protect us from them.
If I sound like a raving lunatic to you, well, that just confirms my suspicions: the anti-gunners ARE on this board, they are you.

b36rjm

imported post

Like I said, you amuse me. Anyone who does not march in lockstep with your OPINIONSis the enemy. LikeI said, I have known many people with your attitude. But, who has the option to carry the way they want? Someone who has a permit, or someone who doesn't. I, with a permit, can choose how I want to carry on any given day. You, on the other hand, are restricted by the laws and constitution of the State of Louisiana. Without a permit, you HAVE to open carry. You can't choose an alternative. I think both are good ways to carry.And by the way, I am proud to be aLouisiana citizen.

b36rjm

imported post

Which one of us is STAYIN STUPID? Some would differ with your opinion! You love that quote. keep using it.

imported post

I met someone like you down in Gonzales, Louisiana. After refusing to obey the law and return my weapon, I finally brought enough bad publicity on him and his thuggish friends to the point they decided to obey their own law and give it back.
While handing me my .357, this police captain, Sammy Pasqua, BRAGGED about the fact he was a lifetime member of the NRA. I just laughed at him. In his mind, he's a gunner, when in reality, despite his "membership," he's a true ANTI-gunner. You're no different. You try to rationalize what you do and spin it to make it appear you're a supporter of gun rights, when you're nothing more than a squeaking tin horn for the state.
You with your "permit" aren't choosing a damned thing, the state has chosen it for you. You can only do what the STATE allows you to do. The perfect slave is the one who THINKS he's free.
If you read article 1 sec 11 (for the first time) you will find NO restrictions on open carry, none. But you, with your prized "permission slip," are restricted. When stopped by one of your heroes in "law enforcement," you are required, by law, to announce your weapon's presence. I don't have to do that. Matter of fact, I stood next to some bozo Norwood cop's unit for over 5 minutes, armed, before he finally noticed. I'm a free man, you're not.
The fact you are PROUD to be a Louisiana citizen says it all. The state wants more people to be just like you. Enjoy your chains.

b36rjm

imported post

Your chains are the limitations of your way of thinking. I do have to let a LEO know I am carrying when approached in an official manner. You, on the other hand have to let a LEO and everyone else know you are carrying. I really believe, reading this froum and other you have posted, you really crave confrontation. It's amazing. Disagreeing with those who don't march in lockstep with you give you an opportunity to argue under the guise of patriotism. I am injoying the give and take with you.

Dustin

imported post

b36rjm, Your getting way to emotional here. Your wording shows it. Instead of attacking and debating the issue at hand, your attacking our character.

The facts remain the same.

Permit/License to carry = Permission = Cost you $$$ to Express

OC =No Permission, No License, No Permit = Right FREEFULLY Expressed.

Now let's try again.