• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I received a poignant email from Sen. Webb

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ok I'll relate it at least to guns in general. Op should have.

Our senator would have us think that he is for legitimate use of firearms but frequently votes the other way. In attempting to contact him about things that effect GUN OWNERS, this poster received a reply to such a contact that is almost poetic - 'cepting it is symbolically pathetic.

I do not see our contact with elected officials regarding gun legislation and reporting their replies as unrelated to OC - not by any stretch. In fact we are encouraged to make such contact by VCDL and the mods here.

Yata hey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Ok I'll relate it at least to guns in general. Op should have.

Our senator would have us think that he is for legitimate use of firearms but frequently votes the other way. In attempting to contact him about things that effect GUN OWNERS, this poster received a reply to such a contact that is almost poetic - 'cepting it is symbolically pathetic.

I do not see our contact with elected officials regarding gun legislation and reporting their non-replies as unrelated to OC - not by any stretch. In fact we are encouraged to make such contact by VCDL and the mods here.

Yata hey
Thank you Grape, for bridging the gap. I assumed (wrongly, I suppose) that everyone would understand the reason for my posting. My email to Sen. Webb was one encouraged by the VCDL in their effort to pursue our collective goals. I figured that everyone here knew the reason for my posting without me having to say "I wrote to Sen. Webb to ask him to vote for XYZ". The forum has been abuzz lately with references to emails being written to our legislators, asking for their vote on pro-gun topics. I thought that we were all on the same page.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

doug23838 wrote:
Shakespeare was right.
Dick the Butcher was right.
* Jack Cade. I thank you, good people: there shall be no money; 2375
all shall eat and drink on my score; and I will apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree like brothers and worship me their lord.

* Dick the Butcher. The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

* Jack Cade. Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable 2380
thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should be made parchment? that parchment, being scribbled o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings: but I say, 'tis the bee's wax; for I did but seal once to a thing, and I was never mine own man 2385
since. How now! who's there?

[Enter some, bringing forward the Clerk of Chatham]

ProShooter

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
How is this thread OC related???
Its not Glen, go back to sleep.
I thought since your one of the main "keep everything OC related whiners" you would like the lack of it pointed out to you.

Actually, my post was OC related. You are seemingly the only one here so obtuse that you needed it spelled out for you.

Next time, I'll be sure to type slowly since I can see that you don't read fast.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
[align=center][/align]

[align=center]February 3, 2009[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Mr. J Reynolds

9702 Gayton Road

Richmond, Virginia 23238

Dear Mr. Reynolds:

Sincerely,

Jim Webb

United States Senator

JW:ja

Please do not reply. This is not a working email address.

I kid you not....
Where is the OC content??? That's the trouble with people like you that browse the net in there parents basement in there sweat pants.

ProShooter

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Where is the OC content??? That's the trouble with people like you that browse the net in there parents basement in there sweat pants.

Actually, the correct word is their not there.

That's the trouble with people like youwho browse the net in their parent's basement and haven't yet found their way to www.dictionary.com.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter - why feed him?
It appears it is past his bedtime anyway.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
I figured that if I threw him a cookie and some warm milk, he'd go to bed and not sneak back downstairs where the grown ups are.....:)
You can't let him drink too much this late as you know what will happen. :)

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
I figured that if I threw him a cookie and some warm milk, he'd go to bed and not sneak back downstairs where the grown ups are.....:)
You can't let him drink too much this late as you know what will happen. :)

Yata hey
Aw....is he a bedwetter? :)

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

MirkoCrocop wrote:
glenglocker you slobber knocker fo/ky he sent an email to the senator regarding 2A rights so do us all a favor and chris benoit yoursel
I was going to write something as equally foul but then I figured why waste my time. ProShooters post was not OC related since it didn't even mention OC. People jump on posts all the time saying there not OC related. If anyone here Grapeshot, Mirko ProShooter is not mature enough to handle CONSTRUCTIVE criticism then so be it.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
MirkoCrocop wrote:
glenglocker you slobber knocker fo/ky he sent an email to the senator regarding 2A rights so do us all a favor and chris benoit yoursel
I was going to write something as equally foul but then I figured why waste my time. ProShooters post was not OC related since it didn't even mention OC. People jump on posts all the time saying there not OC related. If anyone here Grapeshot, Mirko ProShooter is not mature enough to handle CONSTRUCTIVE criticism then so be it.

OK... STOP IT RIGHT NOW!! Don't make me stop this car and come back there!! If I have to stop the car we are going right back home, and there will be no ice cream for any of you.:cuss:

This has been an OPEN CARRY early alert. Had this been an actual OPEN CARRY posting, you would have been referred to the nearest bar where OPEN CARRY is required by current laws.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chuckles wrote:
Got the same thing. I wrote Webb and Warner to protest Eric Holder. Alas, they both voted Yeah to confirm him.
Once again, I did not get a reply from Webb. I'm pretty sure he's batting 1.000 in failure to respond to my contacts.

Warner wrote me a constitution lesson (see http://amcit.wordpress.com ). He's pretty much a rubber-stamp for Obama, from what I've seen of him so far.