• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT !!!! Calhoun County commisioners gun restrictions

mastiff69

imported post

I will be there because they can put it up for a vote at the drop of a hat as it was on todays agenda to begin with........

And i have a few words for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Taurus850CIA

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
I will be there because they can put it up for a vote at the drop of a hat as it was on todays agenda to begin with........

And i have a few words for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Now is the time to EDUCATE All if you live there and can go you should and bend some ears { VERY very Nicely ]. Be polite and Educated in approach . IMO

I would bold that, but taxwhat did it for me...

taxwhat

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Now is the time to EDUCATE All if you live there and can go you should and bend some ears { VERY very Nicely ]. Be polite and Educated in approach . IMO

I would bold that, but taxwhat did it for me...

Y Thank You Fellow gun owner .:p I pray he did GREAT for All of Us .

mastiff69

imported post

The back peddling, and the oops, it was all a mistake.

Sure it was all a typo,,, The board would not give out the info as to whom it was thatput the agenda on the table to vote on it .

The room was packed like a sardine can and had 60 plus people out in the halls....

taxwhat

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:

Sure it was all a typo,,, The board would not give out the info as to whom it was thatput the agenda on the table to vote on it .

The room was packed like a sardine can and had 60 plus people out in the halls....
Way to go ! Please give a blow by blow of what was conceives of speaskers and was there a style of duck and cover that worked best ?

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

mastiff69 wrote:

Fantastic!! I wanted to be there but had to work late at the last minute. I'm glad to hear there was such a good turnout. Make them think twice about pulling that crap again.

taxwhat

imported post

MI-copperhead wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Fantastic!! I wanted to be there but had to work late at the last minute. I'm glad to hear there was such a good turnout. Make them think twice about pulling that crap again.
Sorry it will not make then think twice about jack !We must be ever vegetate { Did that for reason ][vigilant ]at all times ! :what:

MI-copperhead

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
MI-copperhead wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Sorry it will not make them think twice about jack !We must be evervigilant at all times ! :what:
fixed that for you ;)

taxwhat

imported post

MI-copperhead wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
MI-copperhead wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Sorry it will not make them think twice about jack !We must be evervigilant at all times ! :what:
fixed that for you ;)
Thank You YOU passed the Challenge course You Are a true Activist now . Now spread the Word we are serious ..

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Now maybe you can get them to pass a local ordinence making it a felony to redefine
an assault weapon to something that will not fire more than one round at a time.

Then any fed who come in with a federal AWB, would be breaking the local law.

MI-copperhead

imported post

Gun ban resolution pulled from county agenda
2009/02/05-2
Michigan - battlecreekenquirer.com

"Despite the fact that a gun control resolution was pulled from the agenda before the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners' meeting, it was standing room only in the 200-capacity board chambers on Thursday night, with more than 60 additional people flooding the hallway

A thunderous Pledge of Allegiance preceded a series of speeches on upholding the U.S. Second Amendment, which received applause and some standing ovations.

While Chairman Mike Rae, D-Pennfield Township, told the crowd prior to the public comment that the item was mistakenly placed on the agenda, veterans, sportsmen, hunters and other residents spoke out against ever bringing the item up again, pleading with the board to commit to keeping it off future agendas."
Now I really regret that I couldnt make this meeting after reading the above.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"

Taurus850CIA

imported post

This meeting really got around. Here's a little something from another forum:

I went to the Calhoun Co meeting anyway... Calhoun County Michigan report of 2/5/2009

N so did close to 300 other's and quite a few of us spoke to the commissioners. As the room has a capacity of 200 there were people lined up in the aisles and packed in the hall out side for over 30' from the door.

All this despite the fact that it had been aired on the radio stations that this item had been dropped from the agenda. They had hoped to stem the tide to no avail.

First off the head speaker apologized for this ever making it onto the agenda, and it had been dropped from the amended agenda. That their function was as a budgetary committee and in no way to pass resolutions or law...

Then they opened the floor to comments.....

They were asked multiple time why 12.A (5) had even made it to the agenda and just who had authored it in the first place, they would not respond, but just sat mute.

12.A (5)
"WHEREAS, present levels of gun violence in the United States are far higher than in nations which regulate gun purchase more stringently.

NOW, THEREFORE, the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners support:

(1) The renewal of the ban on sale or purchase of assault weapons (making the ban permanent); and

(2) The enactment of laws at all levels of government to make it harder for those with diminished mental capacity or criminal intent firearms either legally or illegally."

For over 40 minutes person after person took the podium to speak out against such a measure, expressing outrage, logic, reason, and facts, time and time again. Vets, gun shop owner, factory workers, general laborers, teachers, retired, all articulated their displeasure.

I think they took the hint...

from: http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=223226

Bronson

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
They were asked multiple time why 12.A (5) had even made it to the agenda and just who had authored it in the first place, they would not respond, but just sat mute.
And they told us they would do exactly that. The rules of conduct that the board uses allow the citizens to speak freely without comment from the board. They do not answer questions during this time. They answer questions to individuals after the meeting. Those arethe rules they use.

I must say that I was proud of the way our people got up and spoke to ourcause but a little ashamed at the rudeness of many as they walked out while the county road commisioner was in the middle of his report. If you have to leave at least wait until the man is done speaking. Better yet stay for whole meeting. You would have seen another commisioner selected to the board and you would have seen the board approve a $2000.00 expenditure of county funds for a team building exercise (which was only opposed by commisioners Haadsma and Camp).

Joel Fulton stayed to find out who exactly wrote the resolution and where it came from. It turns out that there was a presentation to a representative of the NAACP in honor of the NAACPs 100th year. When the NAACP sent their information to the board they included this resolution and it mistakenly made it onto the agenda.

Here's the email that Joel sent out:

After putting out the call and several other organizations pulling together an emergency coordinated effort, over 263 people packed the Calhoun County Commissioners Chambers with over 60 people standing in the hallway because they could not fit into the chambers. This was after the media announced that the resolution supporting an assault weapons ban had been pulled from the agenda. Your support tonight and your stand for firearms freedoms was a monumental testimony. I can tell you without hesitation that my conversations with commissioners afterward demonstrated a whole new level of respect toward our voting block.

During Commissioner Comments, Commissioner Terris Todd (D) from District 2 expressed that had this resolution come to a vote, he would have absolutely opposed it. Commissioner Julie Camp (R) from District 5 also said she would have opposed it. The newly appointed Commissioner Lee (D) from District 7 said he would have opposed it. Commissioner Jim Haadsma (D) from District 3 and Chairman of the Calhoun County Democrat Party said he would have opposed it and offered to work with us on drafting a resolution for the county to pass in support of citizens rights to keep and bear arms and to oppose any additional restrictions or laws to the contrary.
Commissioner Mike Rae (D) from District 4 took full responsibility for allowing this resolution to end up on the agenda in the first place. The County Commission issued a proclamation tonight recognizing the NAACP for its 100 years in existence and the positive work that they have done. In sending information regarding their organization, they also included this proposed resolution. Commissioner Rae admitted that he should have more carefully reviewed this information and never allowed this resolution to make it this far in the process.

As for the part of the NAACP of Albion, I have already begun discussions with an NRA Senior Training Counselor, a Black American, who along with Commissioner Terris Todd is going to make contact with the NAACP of Albion to educate them on the history of gun control and its roots in racism. It is our objective to offer as much information to this organization as possible and create an additional ally in our constant effort to protect our firearms freedoms.

Again, thank-you one and all for your time in attending the meeting and the 417 of you who signed petitions in time to get them to the meeting. There are additional petitions yet to be collected and we will get them all collected. You have made a huge difference tonight and you did it in a very short time frame. You reminded me of the minutemen in our War for Independence and our Founding Fathers would have been as proud of you as I was tonight. You are all Patriots!!

Joel and Jared Fulton
Southside Sportsman Club
Freedom Firearms
539 Capital Avenue SW
Battle Creek, MI 49015
269-968-4229
[url]http://www.southsidesportsmanclub.com[/url]

Bronson

taxwhat

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
And they told us they would do exactly that. The rules of conduct that the board uses allow the citizens to speak freely without comment from the board. They do not answer questions during this time. They answer questions to individuals after the meeting. Those arethe rules they use.

I must say that I was proud of the way our people got up and spoke to ourcause but a little ashamed at the rudeness of many as they walked out while the county road commissioner was in the middle of his report. If you have to leave at least wait until the man is done speaking. Better yet stay for whole meeting. You would have seen another commissioner selected to the board and you would have seen the board approve a $2000.00 expenditure of county funds for a team building exercise (which was only opposed by commissioners Haadsma and Camp).

Joel Fulton stayed to find out who exactly wrote the resolution and where it came from. It turns out that there was a presentation to a representative of the NAACP in honor of the NAACPs 100th year. When the NAACP sent their information to the board they included this resolution and it mistakenly made it onto the agenda.

Here's the email that Joel sent out:

After putting out the call and several other organizations pulling together an emergency coordinated effort, over 263 people packed the Calhoun County Commissioners Chambers with over 60 people standing in the hallway because they could not fit into the chambers. This was after the media announced that the resolution supporting an assault weapons ban had been pulled from the agenda. Your support tonight and your stand for firearms freedoms was a monumental testimony. I can tell you without hesitation that my conversations with commissioners afterward demonstrated a whole new level of respect toward our voting block.

During Commissioner Comments, Commissioner Terris Todd (D) from District 2 expressed that had this resolution come to a vote, he would have absolutely opposed it. Commissioner Julie Camp (R) from District 5 also said she would have opposed it. The newly appointed Commissioner Lee (D) from District 7 said he would have opposed it. Commissioner Jim Haadsma (D) from District 3 and Chairman of the Calhoun County Democrat Party said he would have opposed it and offered to work with us on drafting a resolution for the county to pass in support of citizens rights to keep and bear arms and to oppose any additional restrictions or laws to the contrary.
Commissioner Mike Rae (D) from District 4 took full responsibility for allowing this resolution to end up on the agenda in the first place. The County Commission issued a proclamation tonight recognizing the NAACP for its 100 years in existence and the positive work that they have done. In sending information regarding their organization, they also included this proposed resolution. Commissioner Rae admitted that he should have more carefully reviewed this information and never allowed this resolution to make it this far in the process.

As for the part of the NAACP of Albion, I have already begun discussions with an NRA Senior Training Counselor, a Black American, who along with Commissioner Terris Todd is going to make contact with the NAACP of Albion to educate them on the history of gun control and its roots in racism. It is our objective to offer as much information to this organization as possible and create an additional ally in our constant effort to protect our firearms freedoms.

Again, thank-you one and all for your time in attending the meeting and the 417 of you who signed petitions in time to get them to the meeting. There are additional petitions yet to be collected and we will get them all collected. You have made a huge difference tonight and you did it in a very short time frame. You reminded me of the minutemen in our War for Independence and our Founding Fathers would have been as proud of you as I was tonight. You are all Patriots!!

Joel and Jared Fulton
Southside Sportsman Club
Freedom Firearms
539 Capital Avenue SW
Battle Creek, MI 49015
269-968-4229
[url]http://www.southsidesportsmanclub.com[/url]

Bronson
This makes me proud to know you and all the others that educated [ sorry about rude ] Great Job !Now it is IMO:Wal-mart -Disney - NAACP and others that put up a lot of money in Heller Case in DC can anyone come up with a list of pro and con ? again great job ! Thank YOU all .-

SlackwareRobert

imported post

In the defense of the NAACP, they are headquartered in Maryland..........:banghead::banghead::banghead:
So this is probably standing policy from the top.