Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Million Gun Owner March will happen Spring 2010

Post imported post

Post imported post

Yes! I say we all carry!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Yes! I say we all carry!
    Might get you arrested in D.C.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

They can't arrest all of us!

Carry on.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Skip Coryell of Michigan is registrant through godaddy.com.

Godaddy is a potential problem because DNS errors.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

"They can't arrest all of us!"

When I lived in Phoenix a couple years ago we had various marches and demonstrations put on by illegal aliens and their supporters. If I recall these demonstrations brought in 10,000's of people closing down small sections of town at a time. At the time I commented to a retiredpoliceman friend that the cops should just wait around for some in the crowd to violate various traffic laws and then end up finding them out as illegals. His words to me were wise. He commented back something like "when you have that many people gathered you don't make piddly arrests to incite them."

Banned

Post imported post

I'll finally have an excuse for another DC vacation.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Jumping from the frying pan to the fire is 'vacation'? Groton-New London wasn't that bad.

Banned

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Jumping from the frying pan to the fire is 'vacation'? Groton-New London wasn't that bad.
    I didn't realize DC qualifies as the "fire." I though it was more like an amusement park for stuffy grown ups. I just happen to enjoy exploring new areas and there's still a lot I didn't get to see last time.

Post imported post

A better use of a million volunteers is to call up their representatives every time that a piece of garbage bill is proposed. I don't mean to discourage the plan, but a march will be little known around the country, because of being downplayed by the media. My dad was a vietnam protester who went to DC many times, and he told me that every big event he was at had coverage by the media where they estimated the total numbers of people at less than half what they really were.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    A better use of a million volunteers is to call up their representatives every time that a piece of garbage bill is proposed. I don't mean to discourage the plan, but a march will be little known around the country, because of being downplayed by the media. My dad was a vietnam protester who went to DC many times, and he told me that every big event he was at had coverage by the media where they estimated the total numbers of people at less than half what they really were.
    Don't be a wet blanket Michigander!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    A better use of a million volunteers is to call up their representatives every time that a piece of garbage bill is proposed....
    Much more effective use of assets - time and money.
    IMHO - their aren't such numbers willing to take an active part - not yet at least.

I support and laud both efforts but I sincerely think that referring to such a march as being a Million anything can leave us open to ridicule unless there were an honest expectation of 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 million participating. I can see the headline now on page 17 - Million Gun Owner March Makes Protest Flop - fields 987 packin' heat on the Mall.

Don't even go that each marcher would represent another 1000 - the pictures would speak louder than our words.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I disagree. I've written my reps on numerous occasions and haven't gotten the respect of a reply. It is my understanding that a well written, hand written letter is regarded as having the most strength, due to the time involved in preparing. however, when I went to Sen. Stop-her-now's (Stabenow) web site it said that due to 'security' it takes 4-6 weeks for a letter to make its way to her office. Nice. Now I email.

1,000,000 gun owners would be impressive indeed.

Imagine you dad's protests in the age of video and youtube.

Carry on.

Post imported post

Well, if only about1% of Americangun owners showed up, we would have around a million.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

The Million Mom March didn't even get a million in Washington DC, only about 750,000, didn't they?

They also had mini-marches all over the country, that they still continue to hold on Mother's Day every year in some cities.

At first Million Mom March in Eugene, Oregon, I stood by the bike path they were marching by on and handed out pro-gun literature. If I do that again, I'll be OCing next time!:celebrate

Anyway, I'm all for this, and I strongly suspect we could hit a million, especially if any anti-gun legislation passes or gets really serious before then.

I wonder if the NRA would get behind it... I think it would only help!

...Orygunner...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

A gun in the holster is safer than two in the safe.

10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10

Gun Owners March

Wash. DC 2010

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

If the nation does'nt end by then...

Post imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
    You are not just whistling Dixie, Sir Knight. When a tax cheat who claims he cannot run TurboTax correctly is placed in charge of the Treasury becaue his "expertise" is indispensable, well................

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    KnightSG7 wrote:
    You are not just whistling Dixie, Sir Knight. When a tax cheat who claims he cannot run TurboTax correctly is placed in charge of the Treasury becaue his "expertise" is indispensable, well................
    "When the people have learned they can vote themselves the money......" Well, you know the rest..........

Post imported post

I keep thinking about the title, Million Gun Owners March (MGOM), and I just don't like it.

The Million Mom March has already used the "Million" and failed. I worry It sets an expectation that will be ridiculed if it isn't met.

If we name it something else, and just set the goal for a cool million,at least people won't make fun of the name if it's not met.

I'd suggest something more along the lines of:

"Freedom March"

"Free American March"

"Liberty March"

"Firearms Freedom March"

"Second Amendment Liberty March"

"RKBA March"

"Freedom Loving Gun Owners RKBA March on Washington for Liberty"

...I'd love to see us spank the MOM number :celebrate...
    ...orygunner...

Post imported post

washington march? i'm there!

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    Well, if only about1% of Americangun owners showed up, we would have around a million.
    True. Good thinking!

I'm there. :celebrate

Post imported post

Website is up and running!

I'm having some problems creating my user for the forums though. Waiting for reply from the webmaster!

Post imported post

That is actually a very slick looking website

Post imported post

I was actually thinking the same thing. I was very impressed. I'm glad they took the time to develop it properly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast