Thread: new Walther PK380

Post imported post

Has anyone heard or handled this? I like my P22. But, as many have felt the need to point out to me, it's not a good defensive round. So, I might spring for this one at some point.

Post imported post

Oooh, I hadn't heard about that but just looked it up after seeing your post. Very interesting! I shoot my P22 more than any gun I own so the commonality might work out well.

Post imported post

My wife has one and loves it. Very comfortable to hold. Thats what sold her on it. She thought my Glock 26 was too thick and short for her hand. Pretty accurate too.

Post imported post

I'm thinking that or the PPS

Post imported post

I told my 60-year old mother about this gun about 4 months ago, but against my advice, she bought a Ruger LCP .380.

She hated it, as did I. for a (very) small gun, it was difficult to rack, and had an extremely looooong trigger pull.

She then traded her LCP in for the PK380. WOOORLD of difference! Easy to chamber a round (for her arthritis) much more comfy grip and grip angle, smoother and more controllable, better sights, and she carries it every day.

If I could afford the ammo, I'd get one myself!

Post imported post

I have a P22 and love the thing. From what i see online it's roughly the same size as the .22, but packs a little more punch. also seems the same placement for safety and it's hammer fired (unlike P99). wouldn't have to learn anything new, just load a different round into it.