• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have you been deputized?

Cougar125

imported post

OC'ing my XD 45 Compact today. Made a couple stops. Had my 3 youngest kids with me.

Stopped in at Wal-Mart...yes...the notorious Oak Harbor Wal-Mart where we keep getting different stories...to buy some diapers, formula, and stuff to do tune-ups with. Came in through the Tire Lube Express entrance. Walked all over the back half of the store for a good 30 minutes. Checked out at Tire Lube Express. While there spoke briefly with Bob from Sporting Goods and Mike and Dianna from Tire Lube Express. I make sure to see them everytime I'm in there. They don't bat an eye at the OC...helps that Dianna is my neighbor too. After that I left.

Went into Autozone to order some parts to do a brake job this weekend. While I was checking out an old timer (guy probably in his 80's) asked if I was carrying a real gun. I simply told him yes, it is real. After that he asked if I had been deputized. I told him no...I was not deputized. Asked why I was carrying. I told him I liked to have options to defend my family with. The he started asking about caliber, etc. Not a whole lot said. Nothing derrogatory said about my OC.

Before the old man was in the store, I was talking to one of the employees about different makes/models of firearms. He said he was partial to Springfields. The guys in Autozone know me. Good times.

Nebulis01

imported post

nope, but i sure would love to be...

Able to carry on to any school, bar, jail and courthouse. Able to carry/use fully automatic weapons. Able to purchase certain firearms available to LEOs.

Downside being I'd probably have to enforce some sort of law :(

Cougar125

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
Downside being I'd probably have to enforce some sort of law :(
Enforce 9.41.270, 9.41.290, & 9.41.300 if ya have a choice as to which ones you get to enforce!! ;)