• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Facts?

Mark Ducati

imported post

Hi Fellas, I'm a member over at gunsnet.net and someone there posted a link to this site and I had some questions.

I do not know exactly what my rights are regarding open carry as carrying openly in my small town in rural Georgia I'd be branded a gun nut publicly and that could actually affect my business as a dentist... "who wants to see this whacko?"

But, when I head down to the mall in Kennesaw, what are my rights for open carry? What are the facts regarding open carry? Georgia is an open carry state and I also have a CCW.

I know I cant legally carry a CCW at a sporting event, church, school, or place where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premesis(bar/dinner-drinks)....

Can you carry openly in a bar? I'd think not.

What about open carry in a mall? Grocery store? Drugstore? Walking down mainstreet usa? Walmart?

I've heard of some stores that prohibit guns on THEIR private property, I guess they could ask you to leave? Can they make you leave? Or would this be a violation of your civil rights?

How should you respond if mall security/store security/or the police confront you and ask whats up with the weapon?

Its late, dont have time to search, I look forward to reading some of your responses in the morning.

I think I may have found a new place to hang out and hope to make some friends here.

Thanks,
M.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

First off, welcome aboard! We all hope you enjoy your time on this site and both learn and offer much.

The best place to get the quickest and most answers to your questions would be the Georgia state forum at this link.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum18/

Folks there would most likely be in the best position to have all the answers and more.

Once again, welcome and we all hope you find much here to your liking.