• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GPDO inaccessible?

Peacemaker

imported post

I bet the server isn't have load issues in the last few days :celebrate: Too bad that's because all the visitors have been locked out :(

mygunstoo

imported post

I can not get in. I've been missing that website a lot. Is there anything I can do to help?

Peacemaker

imported post

The domain is still not resolving on my network. However, by adding a static address to my /etc/hosts file with this:

74.124.195.125 georgiapacking.org

I am able to access the site at http://georgiapacking.org

My understanding is that Windows also has a host file, but if we all resort to hard coding the IP then Gunstar is going to have a hard time moving the server in the future!

madpegtod

imported post

I can't get in from home or work. A co-worker says he can't get it to come up from his home either.

sailorman_glh

imported post

Mine are the same...no work or home accessibility. It's odd not going there first thing in the morning...

rankhornjp

imported post

Just tried it again, still down:cuss::cuss:

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

LoneOak

imported post

The Tackman wrote:
I heard through the grapevine that it will be up later today or tomorrow.

I always wondered how grapevines transfered information:idea::idea: are they faster than the internet:question::question:

A lot of people posting in this topic have only 1 post in this forum, I wonder if they are as lost as I am. This time of the year with no leaves on the vine it may be easy to follow it and eventually reach the end and find a resolution to our dilema.

Have ya'll ever looked at the price of WilsonCombat Custom Pistols. They sure are prudy but very expensive.

mathar1

imported post

GS1 needs to get it up and running. Instead of running home and jumping on line I stopped off and picked up a new carry package. Got a NIB RIA tactical commander..2 Wilson Combat tactical elite mags..Serpa holster and single mag carrier. Now I just need some grips and a good IWB for it. Along with either new sights or a Crimson Trace...thats the fun of 1911's..they are so customizable.:cool:

Peacemaker

imported post

mathar1 wrote:
GS1 needs to get it up and running. Instead of running home and jumping on line I stopped off and picked up a new carry package. Got a NIB RIA tactical commander..2 Wilson Combat tactical elite mags..Serpa holster and single mag carrier. Now I just need some grips and a good IWB for it. Along with either new sights or a Crimson Trace...thats the fun of 1911's..they are so customizable.:cool:

Cool! I stopped shooting and let my range membership lapse because of current economic conditions. Once I am out of debt, I will pick it back up again :) That means no new purchases for me either.

Funny how so many businesses are going nuts because they cannot get loans. My reaction to the slow down was to get out of debt instead of going more in debt. Interesting times these are.

gruntpain1775

imported post

Ok, I'm really getting tired of talking to my wife.....PLEASE GUNSTAR GET THE SITE BACK UP!!!

And if no one hears from me again....my wife probably talked me to death!:(

tmoore912

imported post

I have been so productive since GPDO went down, but I am having withdrawls now.

mathar1, I'm looking forward to seeing you new 1911.

Nullifier

imported post

I did not realize how addicted to GPDO I was, until the site went down and I can't access it anymore.

PLEASE Gunstar1, we NEED you. If it's money you need, you got it. Volunteeers for time? I will drop what I am doing and come over and help.

WE NEED OUR GPDO FIX NOW. WE ARE HAVING WITHDRAWALS!!

LoneOak

imported post

Mathar1, I offered the other day ooooovvveeerr thheeerrree to loan you my Wilson Combat 1911 Auto Complete Disassembly and reassembly DVD. It really helped me understand how the guns work and shows how really easy it is to take apart and but back togehter if you want to. That offer still stands and I am sure at one point you will want to take that new RIA apart and put it back together.

I just realized that I have your home Address on a nearly empty box (hint, hint) that is if you still live on that Ft A something Rd. Let me know if you would like to borrow it and view it at your leisure and maybe even copy it if you can do that. You can't have it for keeps, I would like to get it back within a reasonable amount of time but you could put it in a box with some other things (hint, hint) when you return it.

Lonely without GPDO

LoneOak

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Anybody heard from GS1 the reason?

Some people can still gain access from work, but it is usually only one, two, or three people online at a time, kind of like when he first made the web site.