• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GPDO inaccessible?

smn

imported post

GPDO appears inaccessible. Anyone make any DNS changes lately?

smn

imported post

I'm still having troubles accessing it. I wonder if any dns corrections have propagated to my office. Specifically, firefox is having problems, while at home using lynx (text based browser) works fine.

smn

imported post

If I put 74.124.195.125 georgiapacking.org in my hosts file I can view it with links on my FreeBSD workstation. However, when using firefox at work, through a sshd tunnel proxied through a squid proxy it won't work. Those are the fast details, but something is screwed up. All other websites I visit are responding just fine.

hkdave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

definitely expired... we need to help him out with the $80 fee he is going to have to pay to get it back during the redemption period once the site is back up.

mathar1

imported post

GPDO is still not up and running for Firefox or IE. IT needs to run for firefox or getting GCO cards out will be impossible. All the addresses and names are in my PM box.:banghead:

LoneOak

imported post

mathar1 wrote:
GPDO is still not up and running for Firefox or IE. IT needs to run for firefox or getting GCO cards out will be impossible. All the addresses and names are in my PM box.:banghead:

Hay Mathar1, I offered to let you borrow my 1911 DVD last night did you get to read it? I sure hope Matt gets GPDO back up and running real quick. I started a thread over on GON earlier "GeorgiaPacking.orgon GON"asking if anyone else had the problem and it appears to be something serious from the server side. It was strange to get home and not have any emails to the threads I am subscribed to, I generally have 10 or 12 every day.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

mathar1

imported post

LoneOak wrote:
mathar1 wrote:

Hay Mathar1, I offered to let you borrow my 1911 DVD last night did you get to read it? I sure hope Matt gets GPDO back up and running real quick. I started a thread over on GON earlier "GeorgiaPacking.orgon GON"asking if anyone else had the problem and it appears to be something serious from the server side. It was strange to get home and not have any emails to the threads I am subscribed to, I generally have 10 or 12 every day.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Nope..I haven't been able to get it for 2 days. I was up EARLY yesterday morning and saw it but when I came back later in the morning it was dead. I"M JONESING MAN!!!!:what:

LoneOak

imported post

jkhulon73 wrote:
I can donate a few bucks. Just tell me where...

There is a donate button on the bottom of every page you can use to send money just as soon as he gets it back up and running. I have used it twice in the last couple months.

I'm having some terrible withdrawal symptoms myself Mathar, I'm starting to get the shakes and tremors.

gruntpain1775

imported post

I'm having withdrawls!!!!!!!

And I will donate if he can get it back up so I can.

We need to have a MASSIVE donation effort as soon as it pops back up.

Peacemaker

imported post

I paid the renewal fee. I suspect the registrar will update the record sometime overnight. I do not have Matt's direct contact information, so I do not even know if he knows that the site was down.

mathar1

imported post

Gunstar1 sent me an e-mail this am. It should be back up and running today.:celebrate