• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AG mp3

rightsreserved

imported post

Does any one have the link of the AGs' comments about OCing in utah....the comments were given before a congresstional commitee.

scorpioajr

imported post

:celebrate- BAM!

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/shared/HB473_Firearms_Amendments_64kbps.mp3

Shurtleff, M.:
..My opinion on that it is very clear that in Utah you can carry a weapon, open, as long as it is unloaded. Meaning, nothing in the chamber, you can have a full magazine in it but as long as there is nothing in the chamber. That is what “unloaded” is defined as. You don’t have to have a permit. Anybody in this state, if they are of the right age to own a weapon-.......But there have been other local jurisdictions who have interpreted it otherwise so they’re stopping people and creating a problem.
Notice how he says "Local Jurisdictions", not OCers "creating problems"...I mean: as far as 'the pecking order' goes, Im sure the AG doesnt' have to answer to the the LE, It might be the other way around--anyways - there ya go.

Smallmansyndrome, Utahglock, Genki, ThoughtPolice? Comments?

rightsreserved

imported post

Looks Like some one didn't take his/hers happy pills today. Besides posting in the wrong thread it look like they have some personal issues to resolve.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Not untill you OC your RRA ! :lol:
Fineeeeee...... If you come along and OC that HiPoint 9mm you got!:p:lol:You just bitched at me in PM for not responding to your whole post, and yet you dont give me the same courtesy? :cool:
I^%*.....listen: SIG------MA, SIG----MA like ," can i bum a cigg? Ma?

:lol:

ya-
you make excellent points. We all make mistakes. LE makes mistakes, OCers do, etc - BUT would you be happy with me as a mechanic if you knew more about how to fix your car than I? Would you be happy with me as a Lawyer if i was asking you what the definition of 'corpus delicti' ? Would you be happy with me as a NASA space engineer who used his fingers for simple math??

Your answers should be a resounding, "No"

This is what i expect form LEOs: To Know the laws better than I. Or they shouldn't enforce them. Period.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
ya-
you make excellent points. We all make mistakes. LE makes mistakes, OCers do, etc - BUT would you be happy with me as a mechanic if you knew more about how to fix your car than I? Would you be happy with me as a Lawyer if i was asking you what the definition of 'corpus delicti' ? Would you be happy with me as a NASA space engineer who used his fingers for simple math??

Your answers should be a resounding, "No"

This is what i expect form LEOs: To Know the lasws better than I. Or they shouldn't enforce them. Period.
I agree. As I said earlier, if they violate you, they should be corrected. Do you usually get this antsy after you polish that beautiful $135 dollar HiPoint? :lol:
Well luckily I haven't been 'Violated' by a LEO as of yet. I have OCed in front of them, gas stations, walked my AR to my truck on my shoulder through parking lots. I PERSONALLY think its how i carry myself. I arm myself with knowledge and my trusty pamphlet - I wear relatively 'Nicer' clothes and keep my hands in front of me or to my side. i don't make any aggressive gestures or long term eye contact with others while i am OCing. Maybe that plays a role in it. i dunno. I'm just going off of what others have experienced. (hi-point...jerk :p)

scorpioajr

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
. I'm just going off of what others have experienced. (hi-point...jerk :p)

Just an observation...you are going off of what others have SAID they experienced. What they SAY and what they EXPERIENCED are potentially worlds apart. Im sure youve experienced that in your own life.

Edited to more fully express my point.
I really wish you didn't point that out.
Your 100% correct...