• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Question

Infowars

imported post

New member here. I have been reading all the threads and forum posts and appreciate all the information regarding the laws associated with legally obtaining and owning firearms. Thanks to all for sharing the knowledge.

Okay now my question/issue - regarding the Florida CCW. Am I able to get the fingerprinting portion done out of state? I understand this can be done ONLY using the "hard card" method with the fingerprint card and NOT the digital scanning which only applies in Florida. This was according the the application form I was able to get at the Florida Agri site for the application.

The reason is I am a legal resident of NY and also have residence/place I go in Florida - I have a Florida "only" drivers license as well as NY license. Since NY is completely anti-gun, Florida is obviously my best option. Although I will not be transporting any firearms to/from the NY area for obvious reasons.

Does this slow down the process compared to the digital scanning method which I can do in Florida at any sheriff's office?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

brboyer

imported post

Infowars wrote:
New member here. I have been reading all the threads and forum posts and appreciate all the information regarding the laws associated with legally obtaining and owning firearms. Thanks to all for sharing the knowledge.

Okay now my question/issue - regarding the Florida CCW. Am I able to get the fingerprinting portion done out of state? I understand this can be done ONLY using the "hard card" method with the fingerprint card and NOT the digital scanning which only applies in Florida. This was according the the application form I was able to get at the Florida Agri site for the application.

The reason is I am a legal resident of NY and also have residence/place I go in Florida - I have a Florida "only" drivers license as well as NY license. Since NY is completely anti-gun, Florida is obviously my best option. Although I will not be transporting any firearms to/from the NY area for obvious reasons.

Does this slow down the process compared to the digital scanning method which I can do in Florida at any sheriff's office?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
Yes, you can get them done out-of-state. Just make sure you/they following the instructions in the packet.

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

hello all, I live in georgia and I would like to get a Florida firearms permit (non resident) is there a place that will send me the information or will I have to make a trip to Flordia? thanks......