• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is North Vegas finally gettin' it?

Sheepdawg

imported post

I went to the Panda Exspress on the corner of Ann and Simmons. When I got to the counter to place my order I noticed that a NLV police officer was at the register paying for his order.

I thought "here we go":(

He walks past me as he is leaving,looks at me, looks at my guns(I was wearing a western rig with 2 sixguns, hard to miss), and just walks right out of the resturant.:?

I thought for sure he was gunna put his food in his car and then come back to "have a talk with me"(harass)

But no. I place my order, get my food and pay, and exit. When I get to my truck he has his patrol car parked perpendicular behind it, blocking me in and talking on his radio. I don't know if he even new it was my truck at that point because the space I parked in was not readily visable from the resturant.

I pay him no mind and hop into my truck and start the engine. He then drives off so I drive off too. I make the short drive back home without incident.

Do you think it is actually possible that he called it in and was then told that there was nothing he could do and what I was doing was perfectly legal?:celebrate

Sheepdawg

imported post

It happened again!:shock:

I was at Rocco's Pizza on Aliante and the 215. I had just ordered a pizza and was waiting. In walks 3 NLV Marshals:uhoh:. Each one walks right by me, looks at me, looks at my sixgun, and then orders their food. Then they all walk pass me again and head to a table, they have a quick conversation while looking over at me(couldn't hear what was said but I figure they were trying to decide what to do), then they just sit down, wait for their food, and pretty much ignore me:shock:! I grab my pizza and leave. All 3 eyeball me on the way to my truck. WOW!

I know I shouldn't be this excited because this is the way it should be(LEOs leaving a LAC alone), but due to a passed bad experience with NLV PD its feels very unexpected.

Who knows, maybe they are learning?:celebrate

geoffw

imported post

Im going to start OC'ing at the Roccos shopping mall.

We should meet up, sounds like you live in Aliante.

What was your bad experience like?

-Geoff

SlackwareRobert

imported post

More than likely with two guns he couldn't get enough backup and had to let you go.:cool:

He was outnumbered and outgunned.
But lets see, gunslinging cowboy, pickup in parking lot. Could really be a stretch
that they didn't figure this one out.:lol:

Darth Tater

imported post

Knowing Sheepdawg personally, I can tell you that the six guns, cowboy hat, and pistol belt are pretty much his standard attire. he also has so many stickers on the back of his truck that I have bought stock in www.cafepress.comHe is not shy about expressing his opinion through the rolling billboard made possilble by FoMoCo.

Darth Tator

OICU812

:D