• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any ideas?

Blinn79

imported post

Here is a question for you all. What do you do when you have someone break in your house, call you, admit they are in your house, tell you they are there to kill your dog, and you call the police and they tell you they can not do anything? Where are all the liberals at that constantly tell us that we shouldn't take action our selves and let the police handle everything? I want to hear some of you chime in and tell me what I should do...

Here is exactly what happened. My room mate has this crazy ex girlfriend. She is obsessed with him. Well he would not answer his phone when she was calling him last night. So she called my phone asking me where he is, and I calmly told her I do not know. She told me I was lying and "covering" for him and then said "fine, you want to play games?" and hung up. Fifteen minutes later she calls back to my cell phone while I am out at a bar with some friends, and says "listen to this, and I hear my dog bark". Now my dog was locked up in my house when I left. She then tells me "feel like telling me where he is at now, or should I feed this antifreeze to your dog?". I replied "you broke in to my house?". In which she replied "didn't know who you were fu*king with did you?" So I told her "let me call him and find out where he is", and IMMEDIATELY called Harris County Pct. 4 Constables and reported that there was a intruder in my house who just broke in.

Now understand, this girl NEVER had a key to my house. What she did, is broke into my garage with a pry bar, busted some sheet rock in the garage ceiling, climbed up into the attic, and climbed over the house living area, and kicked down the attic door and stairs where she climbed down into the house.

Now I was in Tomball, which is about 15 minutes from where I live, and I drove home as soon as I got off the phone with the police, speeding slightly. I still beat the police to my house by over 10 minutes. Took them 20 minutes or more to respond to someone more or less breaking and entering my home. When I got home, the front door was wide open at 1230am, and my dog was running loose in the front yard. Inside the house was a bowl of antifreeze, that apparently had not been drank out of since it was full. I guess he didn't find it interesting. I took him to the vet anyways and they said he didn't drink any.

So the police show up, and realize she trashed my room mates room. Tore up a bunch of pictures, and other stuff that was his. Didn't touch the rest of the house. We explained the situation and I told him that she called me and admited to being in the house. She even admited it to her ex boy friend (my room mate).

They said they can't do anything, because there is no evidence to go on, and she really didn't do anything wrong. She is now threating me to her ex, and a few other mutual friends. I called the police again today, and told them that she is going around threating to kill my dogs, and that she has something in store for me, and is going to get me when I least expect it. They said its all "hear say" and they can't do anything.

This girl is as CRAZY as they come. She knows I have a CHL (concealed handgun license) and carry it on me at all times. She does not care. She is not scared of me one bit. She is not scared of the police. I am 6'2" and 290 lbs and a very built guy, and the thing I am most worried about here, is when she does go too far, and I end up having to defend myself against her, and she is 5'4" and 115 lbs, and I know in this liberal ass county, they are going to try to say "how is a guy your size in fear of a girl her size". The police don't seem to understand how unstable this girl is. She has been raised in a family of convicted felons (I just recently learned this about her, and that her father was in prison for 12 years for murder). Her whole family has a history of being HIGHLY unstable.

So here is my situation... I am trying and trying to get help from police, and they seem to not want to do anything or try and prevent a situation from turning bad here. Although I know as soon as I end up doing something in self defense, they will be more then happy to usher me in front of grand jury for so kind of bull sh!t criminal charges!

So I would love to hear what some of you would do in this situation...

Walleye

imported post

First, is there anyone you can leave your dog with for a couple weeks so you don't have to worry about him anymore? Maybe family?

IANAL, but I'd look into recording conversations with her in the future. That way the next time she tries to threaten you, you have a record of her being aggressive and threatening, so she can't make up an act should you defend yourself against her. I'm not sure if Texas law requires you to notify all parties that you're recording, so your mileage there might vary.

I'd also try talking to some people who deal with mental health issues, etc. and see if they can't do anything about it. She sounds like a certified nut case so there may be a possibility of getting her ass in jail based on mental grounds.

The last thing is disparity of force, so this means if you have to use deadly force to defend yourself against her, you damn well better make sure she's wielding nothing shy of a 3 foot sword. Sucks, but I think that's the reality you're looking at with her.

darthmord

imported post

Assuming you can legally record the phone conversations, a voice recorder would be great. Get her words on tape and play them back for the police. That's not heresay. It's a taped confession regarding intention to commit a crime.

Part of the problem too is that you are a big guy. What reason could a big guy like yourself have to fear such a little person? Unfortunately, you have a steroetype working against you.

I suppose you & your friend could go and each get a restraining order against the woman. That way if she is in violation of it she can be sanctioned legally. I am surprised though. She committed B&E, obviously had to leave fingerprints, and there was no proof? Did the police not bother to investigate? If they did not, I shouldn't be sprurised as the police in Norfolk VA were going to let a drunk & drugged driver who hit my wife's parked car (and bent her rear axle) go scot free until I pushed the issue.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

1.paper trail. Get a temporary restraining order. If she violates that she can be arrested. Talk to DSHS, when I was a firefighter it took onlya call on the radio to get someone committed for 72 hours.

2. Prepare. Move your dog to a friends house, parents house, etc for the time being. Post 'no trespassing' signs (legal BS). Get alternative means to take her into custody OTHER than shooting her. Prepare for the possibility of having to shoot her if she's armed.

3, Record. Record all your telephone calls from her, check state laws, some laws have single party consent, meaning only one party has to know (that'd be you), others say that all parties must be notified, to be on the safe side just tell her you're recording her, make sure you get that on tape too, she'll probably be too busy ranting/cussing to care.

Blinn79

imported post

The impression I have got, and other have got as well, is that she is more or less planning on waiting for me to go out to my car at some point when I am not expecting it and either attacking me with a bat, or possibly a knife. She has not came out and said that in so many words, but that is what she is leading people to believe who she is running her mouth to. Either way, I am not going to try to fight her with my hands if she wielding a bat or knife and for anyone to say I should have to is just plain ridiculous. Even though this 22 yr old female is small, she builds fences for a living. She is VERY much in shape, and stronger then about 95% of females. I have personally seen her beat the living crap out of a guy with her fists who was 5'9" and 160 lbs. She fights like a man. So I am not going to assume she can't hurt me with a bat or knife. One hit to my head from behind with a bat, and she could EASILY remove my gun off me.

Legba

imported post

I don't see how this relates to liberal/conservative elements of society (I'm generally left-of-center politically, but am a solid gun rights person), but anyway... you might swear out some kind of affidavit to get a restraining order, so that it would be criminal for her to show up around your place at all. There's ultimately little you can (legally) do to protect yourself from a determined mental defective. You already have a carry permit. I suggest not going "naked" anywhere - even carrying in your home would be prudent. Possibly set up some kind of web-cam surveillance as well. You might consider getting your own place if this roommate's baggage is spilling over and tainting your life that much. Good luck in any case.

-ljp

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1) I would IMMEDIATELY, as in it should have been done already, go file for a restraining order against her for both your person and your home (or whatever is applicable in TX). If you have a restraining order and she comes back now she has done something wrong and she can be arrested. Court staff in whatever offices they are filed are usually pretty helpful in explaining the process and the documents.

2) I would then either kennel the dog or if possible, find a friend or relative s/he can stay with at least until the restraining order is obtained.

3) I agree with getting a recorder and recording any telephone conversations with her if legal in TX.

4) Document EVERYTHING!! Video tape any of the damage she caused that is still visible. Make sure you have records of your vet visit. Write down everything you remember about her starting with the break-in. Write down names, dates, times, place and a summary of what was said by anyone who has told you about threats she has made against you. In the future carry a little notepad with you and if anyone tells you anything about her write it down as soon as possible including who said it, who was present when it was said, where you were, date time and what was said. If you interact with her in any manner if you can't tape it, write it down as detailed as you can recall as soon as possible. Get copies of the police report.

You may need to show a pattern of behavior at some point. You need documentation to do so. You may even be denied the restraining order initially, but documenting everything you possibly can up to this point is going to increase your odds of getting it. If you can't get one, keep documenting and if she does something else really significant, file again.

Blinn79

imported post

darthmord wrote:
She committed B&E, obviously had to leave fingerprints, and there was no proof? Did the police not bother to investigate?
They said her finger prints are suppose to be in the house, because at one point in time, she was dating my room mate and was over here. So he said that would not work as evidence. However, she had NEVER been in my garage, and her shoe prints were all over a tv she stepped on, then to a higher position on top of a cabinet. She wears these hiking type boots that have a very distinct pattern, and you can clearly see the print in the dust, and that it was a small females shoe. They said it still does not prove anything and the district attorney would not accept charges on just that.

I did have the police come out, and listen to me verbally tell her she is not allowed on my property or in my house. They put a note in the case that she has been warned in front of a officer, so that she will be committing criminal trespass if she comes on my property again. I guess it is a start. I am also going to Fry's Electronics and getting a dual 2.4 GHz night vision camera and going to put one up on the front of my house and another in the back, and set it to record to my computers hard drive, and just re-record over the data every 72 hours. This way if she breaks in, I will have her on video. They said that will get a conviction for sure.

Blinn79

imported post

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better. I just found out that her dad (the convicted murderer) is pissed at me too. I also was just informed by a co-worker of his, that he has a 1911 .45.

Hmmm... last I checked, convicted felons can't buy guns. And I know for sure it is a violation of his parole to have a gun. So I called Harris County Sheriffs Parole Office, to report a violation of parole. I told the guy I didn't want to give my name, because this guy is a 57 yr old convicted murderer and I don't feel like having someone who would have nothing to lose if sent back to prison for 20 years, come looking for me. I told him the guys name, and that he is convicted murderer and has a pistol while on parole. When I refused to give my name, the guy told me "then I don't care what you have to say" and hung up on me! It is truly amazing how much our justice system works to protect us!

I have always been very pro-gun, but after all these so called "law enforcement" departments showing exactly how useless they are... I will ALWAYS take a loaded gun over a cop on the phone ANYTIME!!! The law enforcement in Harris County, Tx is absolutly useless and don't give a rats a$$ about its fellow Houstonians!

Legba

imported post

Warrants require "oath or affirmation," so hearsay anonymous tips are pretty useless, as they should be. If the guy is a parolee, however, there is a lower standard. You could report your concern to his parole officer who should have broader latitude to follow up.

-ljp

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Technoweenie, Legba, Deepdiver. What they said.

Legally, you need someone that knows what is currently happening, and can rub two brain cells together to figure out what CAN happen. Speak to an attorney now. Many of them will give you an initial consultation free. Make an appointment. Keep it and tell him what you told us. If he 'groks' what could happen, and you are comfortable with him/her, ask if you can call them in case something further happens. You aren't paying a retainer, but they will already know your story up to now should they get your phone call at 3 AM. They may be able to hold off an inconvenience perpetrated on you by the local gendarmes after an incident. Or at least be able to work on getting you releasedsooner, and are aware of what direction to take in coordinating your defense.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Get an answering machine and let it screen all your calls when you are at home. If it's her, don't answer, let her run her mouth on the recording. Most coursts allow recordingson phone answering machines as evidence.

Everyone else has pretty much covered all the other stuff to do.

Blinn79

imported post

Well I talked to an ex boyfriend of this crazy girl, and found out that her father has threatened this guy too recently, and to top it off, he has him on recording threatening to kill him! JACK POT! This guy also has actually seen first hand a shot gun and pistol in this guys home too. I asked him if he had a problem reporting it and said he had no problem what so ever. So I gave him the number to report parole violations and he is going to call tomorrow. He said he will also gladly sign anything to validate or swear that what he is saying is true. So hopefully between him swearing he has first hand seen these weapons, and the recording of him threatening him, this guy will be headed back to the "pin" where he belongs.

Thank you all for your help! You all have great ideas and I am off to get a answering machine, and some wireless infrared cameras. I am also going to call some alarm companies and get a bid on having a alarm system installed on the house. Thank you all again!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Avoid getting involved with crazy-ass loons and this sort of thing doesn't happen. I will damn sure know if you are a looney long before you even know what block I live in never mind ever find out where my house is. And if you decide to pull some "fatal attraction" stuff. be sure to wear something warm on your belly because you will be laying on the ground spread-eagled while we wait for the cops to arrive, unless you make a false move in which case an ambulance - or a hearse - will be needed in addition.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I'm honestly surprised about the whole 'Hearsay' part that the local LEO's told you regarding your situation! I completely and wholeheartedly agree with what everyone has said here: Restraining order, answering machine, voice recorder to record all conversations when she calls, your idea of cameras & security system.

My only thought/2-cents on the subject would be this: Would the cops consider it hearsay or something along those lines if you happened to be at home sometime and caught her coming into your house and held her at gunpoint until they showed up? Would they consider you as being justified in your actions at that point or would they take you to their version of the Hanoi Hilton for doing something such as that? I mean the reason I ask is that you have to sleep at some point, who's to say that she won't try something rash like this when youre home? So far it sounds lucky in that you haven't been there when she has and you haven't had any confrontations with her or her father who by the sounds of it should still be locked up. It only seems a matter of time before she takes things to that level! I promise I'm not trying to be a kill-joy here, just trying to think of what 'could' happen.

I seriously hope things work out in such a manner where a rapid and safe end can come to all this! Hopefully she'll end up in jail for a while and on top of that, I hope her father ends up back where he was doing society the most good, prison!! By all means, keep us posted on what's going on with the situation. I am highly interested in knowing the outcome!

My answer to the problem:

Carnivore

imported post

Send the gal and her father a check for such and such an amount, in the memo box write initial pymt. protection, let em cash it, then take the carbon or cancellrd check to a lawyer and tell him you want the threats to stop. by the time he gets done with them, you should have Dad and Loony daughter behind bars for extorting to commit murder..

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Take an ad out in Iron Horse magazine. Indicate that 'brother' so and so was just released from the pen and there is a party. Free booze and women. Leave their address and a date.

100 bikers showin' up for a party that ain't happenin' oughta keep those two knuckleheads fairly busy and outta your hair.

sraacke

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Take an ad out in Iron Horse magazine. Indicate that 'brother' so and so was just released from the pen and there is a party. Free booze and women. Leave their address and a date.

100 bikers showin' up for a party that ain't happenin' oughta keep those two knuckleheads fairly busy and outta your hair.
I like the way you think.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
Blinn79 wrote:
So I would love to hear what some of you would do in this situation...

Two words:

RESTRAINING ORDER

+1

This is the correct answer. Then when they violate it (and you know they will) you drive them into a prison yard like a tent peg.

On the other hand, do you know anyone who owns a backhoe....