• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yale wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Take an ad out in Iron Horse magazine. Indicate that 'brother' so and so was just released from the pen and there is a party. Free booze and women. Leave their address and a date.

100 bikers showin' up for a party that ain't happenin' oughta keep those two knuckleheads fairly busy and outta your hair.
I like the way you think.

Kearny? Is that you?

Blinn79

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
Blinn79 wrote:
So I would love to hear what some of you would do in this situation...

Two words:

RESTRAINING ORDER
I spoke with a attorney about that, and he said in Texas, there are two different kinds of "orders", a "restraining order" and a "protection order", and the restraining order is only a "civil" order, and when violated, they are wrote a ticket, and then have to show up at a later court date and explain why they violated it, and more or less get a fine... at least the first time or two... the attorney said it is pretty much worthless.

A protection order, is for someone who can prove they are in immediate danger of physical harm. If a protection order is violated, the person is immediately arrested. The only problem with this is, some dipsh!t decided that people should only be allowed to get these for ex husbands/wives or family. If you are even dating someone, but never married, you can't get one. Plus you have to have undeniable proof that they have tried to physically harm you. They are very difficult to get and the attorney said I will not be able to get one.

Two more officers came out to my house, and checked out some shoe prints she left, this time they both were females and were a lot more understanding about the crazy ex situation. The only thing they found funny was that I was having to deal with this crap, and it is not even MY ex, its my ROOM MATES! Both officers basically said "if she breaks into your house now at this point and you are home, you are WELL with in your rights to shoot first and ask questions later... you have no idea what her intentions are and that is all you have to say...". And that is the truth too, I have no idea why her, or her crazy father would be coming into my house... but both now have been verbally warned by police officers to stay off my property, and if they do come on it, they will be charged with "criminal tresspass", and that is filed in the police report.

Now, here is the funny part, somehow this crazy b!tch convenced my room mate to talk to her again, and try to "work things out" so I told him to give me his key as soon as he got home, then informed him he has 24 hours to move his stuff out of my house, which I will supervise. I just finished changing the dead bolt on the front door, which is the only key he had. I also informed him (and told him to inform his g/f) that I am having brinks security come to the house and install an alarm tomorrow.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Amazing. Hopefully his moving out will solve your problem. Good job drawing the line and making him leave since he decided to continue being linked with the problem.

I really can empathize having had a bad experience many years ago with a roommate's crazy ex-wife.

jchantelau

imported post

Dang dude what a freakin mess. I think you have your basis covered now though.

Riana

imported post

Blinn79 wrote:
Now, here is the funny part, somehow this crazy b!tch convenced my room mate to talk to her again, and try to "work things out" so I told him to give me his key as soon as he got home, then informed him he has 24 hours to move his stuff out of my house, which I will supervise. I just finished changing the dead bolt on the front door, which is the only key he had. I also informed him (and told him to inform his g/f) that I am having brinks security come to the house and install an alarm tomorrow.
That's funny, yet so poignantly sad, all at the same time. Sad for him because honestly, these things never end well. Usually the situation is reversed, though - the nutjob boyfriend begs the girl to come back, claiming he'll never do whatever-it-is-he-did again. Just goes to show you that insanity is gender-neutral.

And a wise decision on your part - if there's any chance she will have covert access to your house (such as, having access to his keys - you'd never know if she'd been there), there would be NO WAY I'd want him within 100 yards of my place. If anything, you're being generous with the 24-hour ruling. I'd've stacked his stuff on the lawn as soon as I found out he was trying to 'work it out' with her.

You'll still need to keep your guard up, though. No telling if her father gets the message that you're no longer involved, or if she decides you're a good target despite getting her 'man' back.

Blinn79

imported post

I use to be the kind of person that believed a pistol can keep just about anything safe, but I never really evaluated the security of my house while I am gone. Like I said in my previous posts, I am going to implement some new security measures.

I have been doing a little research, and I am also having industrial grade deadbolts (like on schools and buildings) put in my doors. I am also getting these pieces of metal that cover a 1 ft section of door frame where the dead bolt and door handle latch, so that if someone kicks the door, it does not just shatter the door frame. It won't make the door kick proof, but will require a good amount more effort to get in. Then on top of that, the alarm system on the doors, windows, and a motion detector in the house, then the wireless camera's also.

Not only will this keep my house much more secure when I am not home, but on the off chance someone does try to break in while I am here, it will give me that much more time to be ready for whoever is trying to come in.

I told my friend that this is nothing against him, but rather now he is a liability, since him being around her, would give her access to a key to my house. I told him I am sorry, but I chance can't take that kind of risk, giving her recent actions. He was very understanding and told me he did not blame me. We talked for a little bit, and I think it is sinking in and somewhat scaring him, that he will have to be with her. See he can't afford right now to live on his own, so he is going to get a apartment with her, and he won't have anywhere to "run and hide" when she flips the crazy switch. I give it less then 3 months living with her before he gets a restraining order.

Legba

imported post

Ugly scene. I think I'd take my chances at some rat-hole motel or homeless shelter before I moved in with anyone with such a disposition. He's liable to get a shiv in the ribs while he's asleep if she's that whacked out.

-ljp

paramedic70002

imported post

In addition to what everyone else has said, I would have a little chit chat with some supervisor if not the chief/sheriff about his men not investigating a felony and blowing you off. Also file documentation with the district attorney that proves you feel threatened by little missie and her daddy.

And of course you are in Texas so you shouldn't have too much trouble with popping someone in or around your house...

tcox4freedom

imported post

I'm so sorry man!

I didn't know my ex-wife was in Texas; I thought she still lived in Tennessee.

Seriously, you may be able to get an RO. However, it could be a good idea to distant yourself from the situation unil your buddy gets this s**t straight with his ex.I did really have an ex like this and I stayed away from my friends until I was able to get my business straight. You friend needs to do the same.

He also needs to get his ass kicked if he ever brings another crazy bitch around you or your family. My ex was so dangerous to my friends and family, I had to move out of state for a year.

I had to quit my job and start a new life 500miles away; temporarily!

I did this not out of fear for my own safety, but out of respect for my friends and family that was being terrorized. I contacted her before I left and told her, I was leaving and noboby would know where I was. I did, she finally got some otherpoor sap to focus her attention on and lost interest in me, my family and friends.

since9

Campaign Veteran
They said they can't do anything, because there is no evidence to go on, and she really didn't do anything wrong.

What a load of horse manure!

Unlawful Actions:
  • breaking and entering
  • attempted cruelty to an animal
  • vandalism
  • using a telephone to make calls of a threatening nature (violation of a federal law)

Evidence:
  • telephone records
  • her fingerprints on your home phone (or her cell phone)
  • the vandalized room
  • sworn statements by you and your roommate of the change in the condition of the room and the bowl of antifreeze

Whether they say they can do anything or not, ALWAYS file a police report and provide as much detail as possible. If they say you can't file a report, INSIST on it. Preserve the fingerprints on the phone as evidence. If she calls again, put it on speakerphone and have witnesses listen to her rantings. Record her rantings, noting the date and time verbally in the same recording immediately after she hangs up.

She is now threating me to her ex, and a few other mutual friends. I called the police again today, and told them that she is going around threating to kill my dogs, and that she has something in store for me, and is going to get me when I least expect it. They said its all "hear say" and they can't do anything.

It's their JOB to investigate threatening and criminal behavior. This goes way beyond a domestic dispute (arguing). The moment someone in a domestic dispute perpetrates a CRIME, the police are obligated to act. That's their JOB. They are NOT doing their job. Report it to Internal Affairs. Report it to the city's district attorney. Tell them, "Crimes have been committed. The evidence (list it) is sufficient for a conviction. Please DO something."

Obtain a restraining order. It won't keep her away, but if she does violate it, it gives the cops teeth to take action.

If you can afford to part with some money, hire a private investigator to help you gather evidence suitable for use in a criminal investigation. If you choose to take this route, that's exactly how you need to phrase it: "She's doing x, y, and z, and the cops say they can't do anything. I need you to help me gather evidence in such a way that they have no choice but to take the appropriate legal action against her."

This girl is as CRAZY as they come. She knows I have a CHL (concealed handgun license) and carry it on me at all times. She does not care. She is not scared of me one bit. She is not scared of the police. I am 6'2" and 290 lbs and a very built guy, and the thing I am most worried about here, is when she does go too far, and I end up having to defend myself against her, and she is 5'4" and 115 lbs, and I know in this liberal ass county, they are going to try to say "how is a guy your size in fear of a girl her size".

A girl her size can use a knife or gun and END you. You have every right to be in fear of your life, limb, and property, and if she threatens it, keep reporting it. YOU file the report. Say, "Where's the form? I'm filling it out now." Many police departments now allow you to fill out reports online.

The police don't seem to understand how unstable this girl is. She has been raised in a family of convicted felons (I just recently learned this about her, and that her father was in prison for 12 years for murder). Her whole family has a history of being HIGHLY unstable.

Get that restraining order NOW, and if you can get the judge to list her family members, do so.

So here is my situation... I am trying and trying to get help from police, and they seem to not want to do anything or try and prevent a situation from turning bad here. Although I know as soon as I end up doing something in self defense, they will be more then happy to usher me in front of grand jury for so kind of bull sh!t criminal charges!

So I would love to hear what some of you would do in this situation...

What would I do? All of the above.

I'd also employ the use of video cameras that sent snapshots to the cloud. Ensure a good friend or relative not living with you has access to the feed in case you wind up in the hospital or worse.

Change your locks to ones that aren't easily picked. Place additional restraints on your windows. It won't stop her from breaking the glass, but at least that's additional evidence.

Seriously, dude -- you need to go on the offensive, big time. Stay well within the law and you'll be ok. If you wind up stalking or harassing her, YOU might be the one who winds up on the wrong side of the interrogation desk at your local precinct.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thank you, Captain Obvious. Resurrecting a 6 year old thread in this season of the year is appropriate.

(where's the chain yanking smiley?)

stay safe.