• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police at my door

suntzu

imported post

simply get a restraining order against her and trespass her from your property and have her arrested the next time she steps foot on it.

It sounds to me as if this person may not mentally stable and could possibly pose a potential danger to others....

chrsjhnsn

imported post

suntzu wrote:
simply get a restraining order against her and trespass her from your property and have her arrested the next time she steps foot on it.

It sounds to me as if this person may not mentally stable and could possibly pose a potential danger to others....
ooooh! thats a good idea!

4armed Architect

imported post

suntzu wrote:

See CA Fam. Code section FC 6389 below:
  • 6218. "Protective order" means an order that includes any of the following restraining orders, whether issued ex parte, after notice and hearing, or in a judgment: (a) An order described in Section 6320 enjoining specific acts of abuse. (b) An order described in Section 6321 excluding a person from a dwelling. (c) An order described in Section 6322 enjoining other specified behavior. top
  • 6388. A willful and knowing violation of a protective order, as defined in Section 6218, is a crime punishable as provided by Section 273.6 of the Penal Code. top
  • 6389. (a) A person subject to a protective order, as defined in Section 6218, shall not own, possess, purchase, or receive a firearm while that protective order is in effect. Every person who owns, possesses, purchases or receives, or attempts to purchase or receive a firearm while the protective order is in effect is punishable pursuant to subdivision (g) of Section 12021 of the Penal Code.
[line]One problem with getting restraining orders against someone is that they often retaliate by getting one against you. In CA, that could be a problem as then you may have to "turn in" your firearms. I would caution against getting a restraining order against a neighbor without first consulting with a good firearms attorney.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

If a judge tries to disarm you with a restraining order, you give the gun to the girlfriend.
Then you file a protective order against the judge, and bailif.
See how the judge likes being disarmed also.
The vindictiveness of these upstanding citizens will prove you were justified.

We had a great american down here.
Everything the government did to him, he returned the favor.
IRS liened his business, he liened the IRS agents house.
They towed his trucks, he towed thier cars.

I nominated him for man of the year.
He didn't get a lot of votes, but when I explained why there was a lot of support.

r6-rider

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
If a judge tries to disarm you with a restraining order, you give the gun to the girlfriend.

He didn't get a lot of votes, but when I explained why there was a lot of support.
that is the best thing iv ever heard. who was it?

super7

imported post

dude! what a brilliant man he was! I'd like to know who he is! he has some big balls! I'm planning on doing the same thing! I got a 5 year restraining order based on perjury after being blackmailed by my ex for child custody. It prevents me to see my beloved daughter eventhough I didn't do any crime or have any criminal record and I have never got arrested in my life!!! WTF? California is so @#$%ed up! They are bankrupt and they abuse fathers rights for gaining "child ransom" to help the state budget and they are really nasty about it while violating all the laws of the State and the Federal.. and they would do anything to issue bull@#$% restraining orders based on bologna in order to separate families because they make more profits that way... anyway it's a long story I need your help, please tell me who this great American is? I would like to know more about him! I would love to do the same thing to these Legal Monkies try to rape my rights while ignoring the State and the Federal laws to try to make us look like @#$% with their ****** up hypocrachy based on lies..

e-mail me at discoballfell@yahoo.com
thank you and God bless
SlackwareRobert wrote:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Same thing happened to me here in Michigan: my ex placed a restraining order against me, even though I had never done anything to warrant it. Judge told me it was assumed that she asked for the order for a valid reason, whether or not she could substantiate it. I couldn't go deer hunting; which is a big deal here in Michigan. Finally, after it was up for the third renewal (renews every three months), the judge said that my ex had no grounds to ask the court for it, berated her for asking for it, and thankfully it was not renewed. Luckily, Michigan does not require you to turn your firearms in, you just can't be caught carrying a firearm nor can you make a purchase.

Personal Protection Orders are the biggest scam out there and we all need to push to revamp the law(s) so that it actually protects those who need protection!

Frosty_In_CA

imported post

I have been a "lurker" for a few weeks and recently joined this merry band. I applaud all of you who OC. I am trying to get a friend of mine to join me in our quest. I am also looking for other like mined gun owners to come along.

Matt92308

imported post

suntzu wrote:

That is exactly what I would do...you would also be protecting yourself in the future from a person like that. If she was to EVER call the police again then SHE would end up getting harrased.....MATT

KylaGWolf

imported post

One little problem with your argument in giving the gun to his girlfriend it can still be construed he has possession of the gun in a restraining order situation.

He said he was in LA which we already know is anti gun anyways. Best advice I can give is document every little thing. Each time this woman harrasses you. Each time you have to contact police and nothing is done, who you talk to when and so on and so forth. The fact that the one officer tried to say carrying concealed is ok without a permit scares the hell out of me. Best advice I can say is don't OC without a good witness and recording devices in your possession.

CaCop

imported post

super7 wrote:
and they would do anything to issue bull@#$% restraining orders based on bologna in order to separate families because they make more profits that way...

LOL. And 9/11 was fabricated also, right? It's one thing the accuse judges of unfair treatment because you are a man. It is comical to accuse the whole legal system of using you to make profit by taking your kids from you and issuing restraining orders. Every child custody case cost the courts money, and adds to the backlog of cases. The fees you pay don't come anywhere close to what it costs the court to hear your case. On top of that, judges don't get commission LOL. It doesn't benefit them to issue a restraining order. It does, however, make them liable if they do not issue the restraining order and you hurt the protected person. By the way, why did you get a restraining order on a simple child custody case? Seems like there is more to the story.

I had coffee with a traffic court judge once. I was on duty and taking a break at Coffee Nuts and we struck up a conversation. I vented to him about paying $250 for a speeding ticket that my wife got, plus a traffic school fee. He told me that all the fees charged by the courts, including civil and criminal, are a joke compared to what it actually costs to hear the cases and make a decision.

pullnshoot25

imported post

CaCop wrote:
super7 wrote:
and they would do anything to issue bull@#$% restraining orders based on bologna in order to separate families because they make more profits that way...

LOL. And 9/11 was fabricated also, right? It's one thing the accuse judges of unfair treatment because you are a man. It is comical to accuse the whole legal system of using you to make profit by taking your kids from you and issuing restraining orders. Every child custody case cost the courts money, and adds to the backlog of cases. The fees you pay don't come anywhere close to what it costs the court to hear your case. On top of that, judges don't get commission LOL. It doesn't benefit them to issue a restraining order. It does, however, make them liable if they do not issue the restraining order and you hurt the protected person. By the way, why did you get a restraining order on a simple child custody case? Seems like there is more to the story.

I had coffee with a traffic court judge once. I was on duty and taking a break at Coffee Nuts and we struck up a conversation. I vented to him about paying $250 for a speeding ticket that my wife got, plus a traffic school fee. He told me that all the fees charged by the courts, including civil and criminal, are a joke compared to what it actually costs to hear the cases and make a decision.
This must be why I have won every Trial by Written Declaration that I have ever pursued (about 6 thus far)

GoldCoaster

imported post

And although it doesn't mean you always win, you gotta fight all the tickets and make them PROVE you comitted the infraction. It ties up a judge, a da, takes a cop off the street and he still gets paid and most times even if you don't get off, you get a reduced fine. If it costs the "system" more to prosecute me than I wind up paying in a fine then that's almost a victory. If everyone fought every ticket they got, they'd stop writing them.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
If everyone fought every ticket they got, they'd stop writing them.
not true. its still breaking the law and its still the officers job to uphold the law. officers don t right tickets for revenue, they write tickets so it inconveniences you so you will hopefully not do what you got a ticket for again. big murder cases dont bring in revenue. they cost an extreme amount of money, so should they stop trying high profile murder suspects? its the same thing on a larger scale.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
CaCop wrote:
super7 wrote: The fees you pay don't come anywhere close to what it costs the court to hear your case. On top of that, judges don't get commission LOL. It doesn't benefit them to issue a restraining order. It does, however, make them liable if they do not issue the restraining order and you hurt the protected person.
This must be why I have won every Trial by Written Declaration that I have ever pursued (about 6 thus far)
Over a 100 myself, still 90% wins.

But how can you sue a judge for not issuing an order, when you are not allowed
to sue him when he denies you your 2A rights? Are you implying if I am attacked
while my rights are being violated I can sue the judge for it?

As for all these costs claims. The judge and court is being paid same for sitting
on thier butts, or hearing a case. There is no bonus pay for giving rulings.

If every one would fight the tickets expecially the crack down sweeps, it would
kill the system for years, just demanding they read the charge at trial would
make a major dent to the speedy trial claims. The biggest criminal activity
is they deny you a jury trail, you are stuck with the crooks ruling against you,
then you can get a jury trail on appeal, but you are forced to lay out the money
up front for what should have been your right to beggin with.

Then there are the illegal delays while your judge keeps running out of the court
room so he can watch a capital case down the hall insted of doing his job.
Course he threw my ticket out so I didn't make to big a stink.:uhoh:
And the press didn't air my complaints about judicial misconduct outside.

Anyone else ever refuse to sign the ticket? I love the look on there faces.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

demnogis wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Wait... what? Refuse to sign the ticket? Can you even do that without ramifications?

Sure. I imagine you just get arrested and go see the magistrate to settle the ticket, or wait in jail until the morning when traffic court opens.

Not that being ingested into the criminal justice system by an arrest record is a light matter.

CaCop

imported post

Citizen wrote:
demnogis wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Wait... what? Refuse to sign the ticket? Can you even do that without ramifications?

Sure. I imagine you just get arrested and go see the magistrate to settle the ticket, or wait in jail until the morning when traffic court opens.

Not that being ingested into the criminal justice system by an arrest record is a light matter.

Every person has the right to be brought in front of a magistrate. Signing a ticket is just a promise to appear in court on a later date. This is, however, the very worst option to choose. You will be taken into custody and booked into county jail. Fingerprinted and given a booking number to wear. You may get a chance to see a judge to follow work day. If you are arrested on a Friday, you will wait all weekend until Monday. You will now have an arrest record.

Once you see the judge you can plead your case. I am not saying that it is right or wrong, but I know for a fact that judges tend to be more inclined to find you guilty if you waste tax payers money to go through this whole process. Also, if you are found guilty, which you will be 99/100 times, your criminal history will look bad. Any employer who runs a check on you will get a printout that reads:

"BOOKED: -violation here-

DISPOSITION: CONVICTED

Employers are used to seeing "BOOKED" only when a typically bookable mideamenor has been committed, not a traffic violation.

Also, say goodbye to traffic school, lowered fines, or driving probation. Say hello to a rap sheet that shows you have been booked and convicted on a crime, and higher insurance.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Nahh, it is much easier to beat a bad ticket on the spot than give them
several months to fix thier story.
Plus you can browse the mug shots of some ugly hookers.:X

Sad they couln't find the gun in the car, is readily availible on the steering column.
If they did they are much more devious than I give them credit for to catch
how to reholster it without giving the removal away.

The gov already has my prints from military, and security clearences, as for the mug
shot... I smiled!

Just purchased my first piece through a FFL just to see what would happen.
Walked out with it.

HariCarry

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
And although it doesn't mean you always win, you gotta fight all the tickets and make them PROVE you comitted the infraction. It ties up a judge, a da, takes a cop off the street and he still gets paid and most times even if you don't get off, you get a reduced fine. If it costs the "system" more to prosecute me than I wind up paying in a fine then that's almost a victory. If everyone fought every ticket they got, they'd stop writing them.
And then what would our public roadways be like? There'd be pure anarchy, that's what the result would be. I, for one, am GLAD we have police officers patrolling our streets to keep the crazies in line. I'm all for them giving out all the LEGITIMATE traffic tickets they can.