Thread: Qucik question about cpl

Post imported post

I have a few "driving without insurance" tickets and maybe 1 or 2 driving ona suspension (the suspension coming from the no insurance).

My question is are/can theydeny me my cpl over this? I was talking to a few people and they said that the gun board could deny me beause of these.

They are a few years old, i think the most current is 4-5 years but it's still there and i don't want to spend the money if they are just going to say no...

Post imported post

steve wrote:
    I have a few "driving without insurance" tickets and maybe 1 or 2 driving ona suspension (the suspension coming from the no insurance).

My question is are/can theydeny me my cpl over this? I was talking to a few people and they said that the gun board could deny me beause of these.

They are a few years old, i think the most current is 4-5 years but it's still there and i don't want to spend the money if they are just going to say no...

Yes. Review the 3 and 8 year convictions:

http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf

Driving while license suspended or revoked, MCL 257.904 punishable as a second or subsequent offense.

Post imported post

Can I fight this? it just seems like a dumb rule to me what does that have to do with me and my guns???

... Oh well open carry it is i guess

thank you

Post imported post

steve wrote:
    Can I fight this? it just seems like a dumb rule to me what does that have to do with me and my guns???

... Oh well open carry it is i guess

thank you
    Steve, review Denials & Appeals in the link I provided.

ETA: "... Oh well open carry it is i guess" Absolutely!!!