Thread: Hungarian AP-7 7.65 (.32 ACP)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Any one have any experience with these AP-7's? I'm considering buying a couple of them, one for my daughter, one for me as a pocketbug. My daughter has small hands and 3 teenaged kids the same way. I want to get something for them that they can all shoot for SD at home.

They all shot the Mak 9mm i have, but only her oldest daughter (almost 16 yo) liked it. My daughter and the other kids had problems with the 9mm recoil. I'm thinking that they should all be able to handle a .32 cal semi-auto pretty easily. Maybe I can bump them up to a 9mm later.

Post imported post

I have a Makarov. They are reliable, if somewhat crude,heavy, pistols. A bit snappy on recoil. If you want something lighter with less bite, invest a little more and get your daughter a Bersa Thunder .380. More powerful ammo and very reliable action with light recoil. I've shot Wolf steel ammo and american brass thru it with no problems. A nice, compact pistol for small hands.

Post imported post

Try the VERY managable CZ 82 in 9x18 bullet.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    Try the VERY managable CZ 82 in 9x18 bullet.
    I'm actually thinking about that one for myself. The IJ-70 Mak I carry now belongs to my employer. I'd like to get a semi of my own. I like the 12+1 capacity over the 8+1. I was curious about the AP7.32 for my daughter, although I'd rather she have a larger caliper.

She's not familiar with firearms, but the pastor at the church she goes to is a shooter and they even have shooting comps now and then. I figure she and the kids could get reasonable handgun training from him or other members of their congregation. I'd teach them myself, but I'm in Tn and they're in N Indiana. She's also in the process of getting a divorce, so her soon to be x-husband is not an option for help.