• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

19... What can I do?

KY Soldier

imported post

Ok I'm 19 years oldand I would really like to start exercising my right to open carry. Please tell me how I can legally obtain and carry a handgun in Campbell County, KY.

KY Soldier

imported post

That is excellent news. So any kind of private transfer is completely legal? Say I buy a handgun and or ammo from a friend, buddy, aquantaince etc? Ok now for the big one...what are the laws and regulations for drawing and firing my weapon if the situation becomes necessary?

WCrawford

imported post

Just a note about carrying a handgun in your vehicle.

The handgun is not considered concealed by law if it is in the glove compartment. It is considered concealed if it is in a center console.

Please make sure you transport the firearm in the glove box and not the center console if you don't have a carry permit. I would hate to read about an arrest for something like this.