Thread: Couple Murdered in Kent

Post imported post

Check out the video embedded in the story here: http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stori....1c68fc80.html

Quote from the video:

Interviewer Jim Forman: "Gunna sleep a little differently tonight?"
    Jesse Emery (while holding his kid and another of his kid's standing next to him): "Sleep a little closer to my pistol."
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

This happened about a mile from where I live. I live a little west of there. The quoted guy, Jesse Emery, is someone who works with my wife.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Is just me or have violent crime been up a lot lately. Every night seems likeI am hearing about a new murder on the news. Just another good reason to keep close to our arms.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Yeah, it's pretty close to my house too, closer to my sisters...

Post imported post

Too bad they weren't armed and aware of what was going to happen ( I know that sounds kinda stupid), there could have been a different news story instead, if in fact the news would have bothered to mention someone defended themselves and took bad guys off the street.

Stuff like this does not ever have to happen, an armed society seems to become much nicer. Look at how mellow people were before the 1968 gun control act. You could go to any hardware store and buy a gun, hmm, don't wanna make the next-door neighbor mad, all he has to do is go to Ace hardware and I'm screwed. Ahhhh, the good old daze, when men were men and criminals were more or less in check.....
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Post imported post

bugly wrote:
    Stuff like this does not ever have to happen, an armed society seems to become much nicer. Look at how mellow people were before the 1968 gun control act. You could go to any hardware store and buy a gun, hmm, don't wanna make the next-door neighbor mad, all he has to do is go to Ace hardware and I'm screwed. Ahhhh, the good old daze, when men were men and criminals were more or less in check....
    Yeah, the good old days when the violent crime rate was twice what it is now. When women were women, when blacks had their own schools, and when Jews weren't allowed to get apartments. I miss those days, too.

Post imported post

"Yeah, the good old days when the violent crime rate was twice what it is now."

Do you have a citation for that?

"When women were women, when blacks had their own schools, and when Jews weren't allowed to get apartments."

Don't confuse era with geography. I went to public school in the forties and fifties with black kids as well as white and Jewish in Pennsylvania. None mentioned trouble finding an apartment to rent. By the way, what does this have to do with guns in general or the Gun Control Act of 1968 specifically?

MD

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Well the couple's son has been arrested for the shooting. Always look at the family first... He had managed to flee from Kent all the way to Tukwila before they caught him. I guess he wasn't in a hurry...

Post imported post

vote_no wrote:
    bugly wrote:
    Stuff like this does not ever have to happen, an armed society seems to become much nicer. Look at how mellow people were before the 1968 gun control act. You could go to any hardware store and buy a gun, hmm, don't wanna make the next-door neighbor mad, all he has to do is go to Ace hardware and I'm screwed. Ahhhh, the good old daze, when men were men and criminals were more or less in check....
    Yeah, the good old days when the violent crime rate was twice what it is now. When women were women, when blacks had their own schools, and when Jews weren't allowed to get apartments. I miss those days, too.
    Definitely not the intended message I was going for. I was referring to when people were much more respectful of their neighbors and actually respected their elders.
    Any other message derived from that was unintended.
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Post imported post

vote_no wrote:
    Yeah, the good old days when the violent crime rate was twice what it is now.
    Code:
    Nice try. It was actually less than half. Easy to confuse half with twice though. My ninth grade students do it all the time.

Per 100,000 people.  From 
    http://www.statcan.ca/Documents/Engl...ate/justic.htm
    http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/  

I know the Canadian statistics aren't relevant to our discussion but they were in the table and it was easier than editing them out.

Year    US      Canada
    1962    ~185    ~250

1967    ~250    ~390

1972    401     507
    1973    417     534
    1974    461     564
    1975    488     597
    1976    468     596
    1977    476     583
    1978    498     591
    1979    549     621
    1980    597     648