Thread: Cleveland that guy has a gun

Post imported post

While traveling in Cleveland on business I stopped at the Taco Bell/LJS in Independence OH for dinner, When dressed for business I carry IWB and very little of 9MM is visible, I removed my coat to eat and a (older) couple at another table politely told the cashier that a guy in the lobby had a gun, She then explained to me to stay put as the police were on their way, I acknowledged and asked her what I did wrong? She says "you have a gun" I then asked her "what have I done wrong?"she looked puzzled, she then sat down, I ate slowly as to allow the local police timeto arrive, Just as I finished aLOE walked into the facility, he went to counter and ordered his dinner. The customer approached the LEO and asked him if he was there to get the guy with the gun? he said he did not know anything about a man with a gun and she pointed right at me, the officer shouted across and asked ifI had a gun to which I replied, yes I do,the LEO then asked the patron if I had threatened her or if I had removedmy gun and showed it to anyone in a threateningmanner to which she really looked puzzled, she said NO, and the officer explained "then he has done nothing wrong"

always fun to OC,

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Excellent report!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Excellent report! Ohio LEOs are getting it (some had it before).

Post imported post

To be fair, Independence Ohio ain't the screwed up cesspool that Cleveland usually is.

Post imported post

Cool!

Now you're famous on another site:

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtop...21&t=27639

Post imported post

If the complaining woman was so afraid, she should have instantly left, not hung around to harrass someone she apparently thought of as a violent criminal. There are so many idiots in the world.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'd like to know what the woman's reaction was to what the LEO told her? Was she surprised, irritated? Did she return to her table and finish eating quietly? Did you attempt to educate her on the legalities of OC?

Post imported post

Anubis wrote:
    If the complaining woman was so afraid, she should have instantly left, not hung around to harrass someone she apparently thought of as a violent criminal.
    This is yet another example of what you've stated so clearly: if the complainers were actually afraid of the gun (or the person wearing it), they'd be hiding, not rudely confronting.

Post imported post

Brian D. wrote:
    To be fair, Independence Ohio ain't the screwed up cesspool that Cleveland usually is.
    When I was little I lived in Cleveland--down around Literary Ave. My parents would always go shopping at the Bi-lo that used to sit down the street from the Russian Orthodox Church down on Starkweather...

I have always had a special dislike for the city of Cleveland.

Post imported post

THe LEO and I had a converstation He was very Pro 2 amendment, she had been waiting to leave anyway she was done eating, she was waiting to watch me get arrested, I tried to educate her but after the officer told her I had done nothing wrong she was very irritated, I would imagine she filed a complaint the next morning.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

packinheatmiinoh wrote:
    THe LEO and I had a converstation He was very Pro 2 amendment, she had been waiting to leave anyway she was done eating, she was waiting to watch me get arrested, I tried to educate her but after the officer told her I had done nothing wrong she was very irritated, I would imagine she filed a complaint the next morning.
    OK then, you obviously ran across a staunch anti-gunner. Did you happen to notice the reactions of other customers that were there? Was there any snickering going on after the LEO told her you were not doing anything wrong?

I just love to hear when folks make asses of themselves in public.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I love reading stories like this that are good, where the leo recognizes that the person OCing is legally able to do so, and where instead of it being a big hassle and a lawyer needing to be involved, it simply is an event in your day that just puts a smile on your face and gives you something to talk about at home and put on OC.org. We need all encounters with leo's to be this way.