• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun carrying

GLOCKMAN40

imported post

Ford Truck wrote:
According to the 2nd Amendment, we can. Unfortunately, the courts will uphold the unconstitutional laws passed by elitists that contradict the 2nd amendment.
+1 here , I bet crime in vermont is low, because they don't have any carry law there , and everyone is carrying. It just gets to cold there for me and i'm from New York City. :lol:

hbarnett1

imported post

If you have a license to carry,you should be allowed to carry anywhere in that state.The people without a license are the ones you have to worry about.:exclaim::exclaim:

67390FE

imported post

hbarnett1 wrote:
If you have a license to carry,you should be allowed to carry anywhere in that state.The people without a license are the ones you have to worry about.:exclaim::exclaim:

Why should you need a license?

hbarnett1

imported post

What I meant to say was,The peoplewho carryhandguns who are not licensed are the ones we have to worry about.Most people don't go to the trouble of getting a handgun license so they can commit crimes.If handguns were outlawed,only outlaws would have guns,in other words......:cuss::banghead:

BBR-14

imported post

hbarnett1 wrote:
What I meant to say was,The peoplewho carryhandguns who are not licensed are the ones we have to worry about.Most people don't go to the trouble of getting a handgun license so they can commit crimes.If handguns were outlawed,only outlaws would have guns,in other words......:cuss::banghead:
+1 I agree!

Grimes

imported post

uhhh, double troll alert???

you should not need a license to carry a handgun (or any firearm). most people do not get the "license" because they feel they should not need it to. not because they are criminals. :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

A permit issued by the state giving one "permission" to carry for a right that "shall not be abridged? I don't think so. Every qualified citizen should be able to carry - OC or CC.

Criminals by definition do not obey laws - felons are not eligible for permits.

Felons do not OC for the simple reason that they would be recognized and gain much unwanted attention.

The Constitution simply "affirms" man's natural rights.

Yata hey