• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Fox News

Kendo_Bunny

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
I hope Ramsdale will be suing, a public school shouldn't have any right to fire for any reason. I foresee a wonderful lawsuit.

You know, thanks to the union laws, it's harder to fire a teacher convicted of sex offenses than it was to suspend this woman simply for being a gun owner? :banghead:

david.ross

imported post

Do not get me started, I do not like unions.

If people can not argue for their own wage and set up their own strikes, then what is the point. There are unions who practically forced the hand of companies like ford to have employees paid over 20 USD an hour for grunt work.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I sent him this yesterday: Re: Betsy Ramsdale‏

'You actually have a Doctorate? In what? Marxism?

I hope she sues your collective butts off. 'Ever hear of (much less comprehend) the 1st, 2nd and 14th Amendments of the US Constitution? 'Suggest you read 'em... and read 'em to the 'concerned staff member' toady while you're at it. The Constitution is not mallable to your personal 'opinions'.

TFred

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I sent him this yesterday: Re: Betsy Ramsdale‏

'You actually have a Doctorate? In what? Marxism?

I hope she sues your collective butts off. 'Ever hear of (much less comprehend) the 1st, 2nd and 14th Amendments of the US Constitution? 'Suggest you read 'em... and read 'em to the 'concerned staff member' toady while you're at it. The Constitution is not mallable to your personal 'opinions'.
I'm never picky about such things here on the forum, but when you send letters to "educators" with misspelled words, they tend to just sort of laugh at you. :( I doubt he was open to thoughtful dialog anyway, but even less likely so from a careless letter writer.

It's "malleable".

Just something to keep in mind with all correspondence to the other side.

TFred

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Another one more concerned with the wrappings than the message. Oh... look there... there's no 'e'... Haaahaa...

Kiss my GRITS!

TFred

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Another one more concerned with the wrappings than the message. Oh... look there... there's no 'e'... Haaahaa...

Kiss my GRITS!
As I said, I'm not concerned, I never point out this type of thing in the forums here. I'm just letting everyone know that the people we are trying to influence will notice, and it will reduce our credibility. You can write however you want to anyone you want, but if you want to help rather than hurt the cause, it's best to be as professional about it as you can.

Spellcheckers are everywhere. If your mail client doesn't have one, Select All, Copy, Paste into another application with a spell checker, fix it up, then hit the send button.

Yes, it's JMHO, but people are people, this isn't rocket science.

TFred

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Kiss my GRITS!
... You can write however you want to anyone you want, but if you want to help rather than hurt the cause, it's best to be as professional about it as you can...
I agree. And IMHO, one ought to pay attention to such things whether they are writing and "authority" or simply posting to a public forum.

You'd be amazed at who reads (and uses for & against us) forums.

Deanimator

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

Kiss my GRITS!
You're playing into the stereotype of gunowners which they already have.

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

BB62 wrote:
TFred wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Kiss my GRITS!
... You can write however you want to anyone you want, but if you want to help rather than hurt the cause, it's best to be as professional about it as you can...
I agree. And IMHO, one ought to pay attention to such things whether they are writingan "authority" or simply posting to a public forum.

You'd be amazed at who reads (and uses for & against us) forums.

Yes, one ought to.