Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Open Carry IN Orange County!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, ,
    Posts
    146

    Post imported post

    I live down in Orange County So Cali!
    Is Open Carry Allowed here?

    from my understanding is that i cant have bullets in my mag other than that im fine?

  2. #2
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    UOC is legal in orange county. No city/county law/ordinance can be any more restrictive than state law (pre-emption).

    Check out:
    http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

    You are legally allowed to open carry, so long as:

    - It is not concealed (without a permit)
    - You are not within 1,000 ft of a school or on the premises of a government building.
    - The firearm is UNLOADED! (look at the law for the definition of unloaded).
    - Magazines can be loaded, but not in the firearm. Attached to/inside a mag holder on a belt is OK.

    CA Open Carry's website will have more details.

    Out of curiosity, what area are you in Wolf?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, ,
    Posts
    146

    Post imported post

    Im in Aliso Viejo close to irvine!

    Would be nice to set up a open carry get together!

  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stanislaus County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,586

    Post imported post

    demnogis wrote:
    UOC is legal in orange county. No city/county law/ordinance can be any more restrictive than state law (pre-emption).

    Check out:
    http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

    You are legally allowed to open carry, so long as:

    - It is not concealed (without a permit)
    - You are not within 1,000 ft of a school or on the premises of a government building.
    - The firearm is UNLOADED! (look at the law for the definition of unloaded).
    - Magazines can be loaded, but not in the firearm. Attached to/inside a mag holder on a belt is OK.

    CA Open Carry's website will have more details.

    Out of curiosity, what area are you in Wolf?
    Just note that the above list is not exclusive, but those are some of the main statutes you have to worry about.

    Another big one is that you can't carry in public buildings - so don't go carrying in city hall or the library.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org


    Don't Tread On Me.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, ,
    Posts
    146

    Post imported post

    gov buildings or schools are off limit!
    Just planning to join one of the meetings first!


  6. #6
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    Make the drive it will be worth it.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21112.html

  7. #7
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    cato wrote:
    Make the drive it will be worth it.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21112.html
    Too bad I will be leaving before this meet up. Would be interesting to meet the bulk of the OC crew of California.

  8. #8
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    We'll have to organize an OC-OC meet-up sometime in the future. I pick up my ruger SR9 next Monday. Then I get to purchase a drop holster, 3-mag holder (2 for mags, 1 for recorder) then i'll be ready for UOC!

    Give me a week or two

    Out of curiousity, how many Orange County OCers do we have?

    wolfeinstein wrote:
    Im in Aliso Viejo close to irvine!

    Would be nice to set up a open carry get together!
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, ,
    Posts
    146

    Post imported post

    yeah we should do an Orange County OC also!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    31

    Post imported post

    im in Riverside County but would love to join an Open Carry OC meet, keep me posted

    thanx

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, ,
    Posts
    146

    Post imported post

    I will try to organize an Orange County OC meeting after San Diego!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    36

    Post imported post

    I don't have my P99 anymore, but I'd love to come out (with an empty holster) to support the cause!
    Walther P99 AS 9mm
    ... loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr

  13. #13
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    I'd be delighted to meet up with the rest of you OC-OCers! Shooting (no pun intended) for a weekend in March? Or the end of February? Most weeknights are open for me after work. Weekends are easy to clear.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    Greetings,

    I too am in Orange County and would be interested in meeting up with folks who are more knowledgeable on this topic than I am. I would definitely be interested in doing this, however, I want to make sure that I do it legally!


  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098

    Post imported post

    At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.? My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day. (Yeah, I know, cliche...)

    Thanks in advance from Tucson, AZ.




    Edit: OK, I just punched in "school, Orange County, California" to Google maps, that seems to work. But if anyone has anything better, please let me know...

  16. #16
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    PavePusher wrote:
    At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.? My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day. (Yeah, I know, cliche...)
    Buy and use a GPS.

    I recently got back from a 1 week training trip to Cali in Orange County, Anaheim. You can read my thread here for some tips and tricks on staying out of trouble.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21113.html

    Send me a PM if you have questions. Also, Cato is a great source of information.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    31

    Post imported post

    FMCDH wrote:
    PavePusher wrote:
    At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.?* My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day.* (Yeah, I know, cliche...)
    *Buy and use a GPS.

    I recently got back from a 1 week training trip to Cali in Orange County, Anaheim. You can read my thread here for some tips and tricks on staying out of trouble.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21113.html

    Send me a PM if you have questions. Also, Cato is a great source of information.
    link not working?

  18. #18
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    KandyRedCoi wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:
    PavePusher wrote:
    At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.? My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day. (Yeah, I know, cliche...)
    Buy and use a GPS.

    I recently got back from a 1 week training trip to Cali in Orange County, Anaheim. You can read my thread here for some tips and tricks on staying out of trouble.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21113.html

    Send me a PM if you have questions. Also, Cato is a great source of information.
    link not working?
    Odd, does for me.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    31

    Post imported post

    this is what shows up:
    Not Found

    The requested URL /boards/opencarry/forum12/forum12/21113.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

    Apache/1.3.41 Server at opencarry.mywowbb.com Port 80

  20. #20
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    KandyRedCoi wrote:
    this is what shows up:
    Not Found

    The requested URL /boards/opencarry/forum12/forum12/21113.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

    Apache/1.3.41 Server at opencarry.mywowbb.com Port 80
    I just bumped that thread

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    67

    Post imported post

    Orange County-ers,

    There is a gun shop i like to visit called Saddleback Valley Gun Center, 27601 Forbes Road, Laguna Niguel. The owner is a great guy; Brad i believe is his name. It is closer to go to him than up to Turner's Outdoorsman. Also i go to the indoor shooting range called OnTarget located 27692 Camino Capistrano, Laguna Niguel. Its right around the corner.

    http://www.ontargetrange.net/

    If you ever want to meet up for some food and hit the range; Hit me up via this msg board PM if you like we can exchange information further.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Garden Grove, California, USA
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    Mykal wrote:
    Orange County-ers,

    There is a gun shop i like to visit called Saddleback Valley Gun Center, 27601 Forbes Road, Laguna Niguel. The owner is a great guy; Brad i believe is his name. It is closer to go to him than up to Turner's Outdoorsman. Also i go to the indoor shooting range called OnTarget located 27692 Camino Capistrano, Laguna Niguel. Its right around the corner.

    http://www.ontargetrange.net/

    If you ever want to meet up for some food and hit the range; Hit me up via this msg board PM if you like we can exchange information further.
    haven't been to that one before i usually go to the one in brea "OC Indoor Range" 684 N Berry St., Suite C Brea, California 92821 http://www.ocindoorrange.com
    and an OC-OC meet and greet would be great...

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    36

    Post imported post

    dizarmyguy wrote:
    Mykal wrote:
    Orange County-ers,

    There is a gun shop i like to visit called Saddleback Valley Gun Center, 27601 Forbes Road, Laguna Niguel. The owner is a great guy; Brad i believe is his name. It is closer to go to him than up to Turner's Outdoorsman. Also i go to the indoor shooting range called OnTarget located 27692 Camino Capistrano, Laguna Niguel. Its right around the corner.

    http://www.ontargetrange.net/*

    If you ever want to meet up for some food and hit the range; Hit me up via this msg board PM if you like we can exchange information further.
    haven't been to that one before i usually go to the one in brea "OC Indoor Range" 684 N Berry St., Suite C Brea, California 92821 http://www.ocindoorrange.com
    and an OC-OC meet and greet would be great...
    That's where I go too! We should organize an OC meet there!
    Walther P99 AS 9mm
    ... loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Garden Grove, California, USA
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    ntnwwnet wrote:
    That's where I go too! We should organize an OC meet there!
    hmmm...........wonder if i have ever seen you there before was there about 2 weeks ago with my xd40 haven't gone again yet.....waiting to go to the gun show at the fairgrounds at the end of the month to buy more ammo to go..........

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    36

    Post imported post

    dizarmyguy wrote:
    ntnwwnet wrote:
    That's where I go too! We should organize an OC meet there!
    hmmm...........wonder if i have ever seen you there before was there about 2 weeks ago with my xd40 haven't gone again yet.....waiting to go to the gun show at the fairgrounds at the end of the month to buy more ammo to go..........
    I usually go there with my dad (not 21 yet ), but we haven't been there since the end of January.

    I'm also planning on going to the show at the OC fairgrounds at the end of the month. Maybe we can organize an OC meet up there?
    Walther P99 AS 9mm
    ... loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •