• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry IN Orange County!

wolfeinstein

imported post

I live down in Orange County So Cali!
Is Open Carry Allowed here?

from my understanding is that i cant have bullets in my mag other than that im fine?

demnogis

imported post

UOC is legal in orange county. No city/county law/ordinance can be any more restrictive than state law (pre-emption).

Check out:
http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

You are legally allowed to open carry, so long as:

- It is not concealed (without a permit)
- You are not within 1,000 ft of a school or on the premises of a government building.
- The firearm is UNLOADED! (look at the law for the definition of unloaded).
- Magazines can be loaded, but not in the firearm. Attached to/inside a mag holder on a belt is OK.

CA Open Carry's website will have more details.

Out of curiosity, what area are you in Wolf?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

demnogis wrote:
UOC is legal in orange county. No city/county law/ordinance can be any more restrictive than state law (pre-emption).

Check out:
http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

You are legally allowed to open carry, so long as:

- It is not concealed (without a permit)
- You are not within 1,000 ft of a school or on the premises of a government building.
- The firearm is UNLOADED! (look at the law for the definition of unloaded).
- Magazines can be loaded, but not in the firearm. Attached to/inside a mag holder on a belt is OK.

CA Open Carry's website will have more details.

Out of curiosity, what area are you in Wolf?
Just note that the above list is not exclusive, but those are some of the main statutes you have to worry about.

Another big one is that you can't carry in public buildings - so don't go carrying in city hall or the library.

demnogis

imported post

We'll have to organize an OC-OC meet-up sometime in the future. I pick up my ruger SR9 next Monday. Then I get to purchase a drop holster, 3-mag holder (2 for mags, 1 for recorder) then i'll be ready for UOC!

Give me a week or two :)

Out of curiousity, how many Orange County OCers do we have?

wolfeinstein wrote:
Im in Aliso Viejo close to irvine!

Would be nice to set up a open carry get together!

KandyRedCoi

imported post

im in Riverside County but would love to join an Open Carry OC meet, keep me posted

thanx

demnogis

imported post

I'd be delighted to meet up with the rest of you OC-OCers! Shooting (no pun intended) for a weekend in March? Or the end of February? Most weeknights are open for me after work. Weekends are easy to clear.

oclibertarian

imported post

Greetings,

I too am in Orange County and would be interested in meeting up with folks who are more knowledgeable on this topic than I am. I would definitely be interested in doing this, however, I want to make sure that I do it legally!

PavePusher

imported post

At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.? My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day. (Yeah, I know, cliche...)

Thanks in advance from Tucson, AZ.

Edit: OK, I just punched in "school, Orange County, California" to Google maps, that seems to work. But if anyone has anything better, please let me know...

FMCDH

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.? My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day. (Yeah, I know, cliche...)
Buy and use a GPS.

I recently got back from a 1 week training trip to Cali in Orange County, Anaheim. You can read my thread here for some tips and tricks on staying out of trouble.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/21113.html

Send me a PM if you have questions. Also, Cato is a great source of information.

KandyRedCoi

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
At the risk of thread high-jack, does anyone have an idea of how to look for the school exclusion zones in O.C.?  My current girlfriend is from there and wants to take me to meet the parents some day.  (Yeah, I know, cliche...)
 Buy and use a GPS.

I recently got back from a 1 week training trip to Cali in Orange County, Anaheim. You can read my thread here for some tips and tricks on staying out of trouble.

Send me a PM if you have questions. Also, Cato is a great source of information.

link not working?

FMCDH

imported post

KandyRedCoi wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Buy and use a GPS.

link not working?
Odd, does for me.

KandyRedCoi

imported post

this is what shows up:
Not Found

The requested URL /boards/opencarry/forum12/forum12/21113.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at opencarry.mywowbb.com Port 80

cato

imported post

KandyRedCoi wrote:
this is what shows up:
Not Found

The requested URL /boards/opencarry/forum12/forum12/21113.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at opencarry.mywowbb.com Port 80
I just bumped that thread