• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ripped from 'News & Political Alerts', Beaver Dam, Schoolteacher Suspended for Facebook Gun Phot

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

OCDO 'News & Political Alerts' thread
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/21523.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,488567,00.html#
BEAVER DAM, Wis. — A Beaver Dam Middle School teacher is on administrative leave after school officials discovered a photo of her with a gun on Facebook.

In the photo, Betsy Ramsdale was training a rifle at the camera.

In an e-mail to WKOW-TV in Madison, Ramsdale said she removed the photo immediately and that she is not "interested in any controversy."

Schools superintendent Donald Childs says a concerned staff member brought the photo to the district's attention.

Childs says the use of the photo "appears to be poor judgment" and is unaware of any sinister intent.

Ramsdale's biography on the district Web site states she is in her first year at the school. Department of Public Instruction records show Ramsdale has been licensed to teach since 1996.
http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9781795&nav=menu1362_2
BEAVER DAM (WKOW) -- Beaver Dam school officials placed a middle school teacher on administrative leave after discovering a photograph of the teacher with a gun on the teacher's Facebook page.

In the photo, teacher Betsy Ramsdale is training a rifle at the camera.

Ramsdale emailed 27 News in response to our inquiries saying she "removed the photo immediately" and that she is not "interested in any controversy."

Ramsdale did not comment on her motivation for posting the photo.

Schools superintendent Donald Childs told 27 News he is unaware of any sinister intent on the teacher's part and said the use of the photo "appears to be poor judgment."

Childs said the Facebook photo was brought to the attention of school district officials by a concerned staff member at Beaver Dam Middle School.

Ramsdale's biography on the school district website states she is in her first year of teaching at the middle school. Department of Public Instruction records show Ramsdale has been licensed to teach since 1996.

Middle school parent Jennifer Buzzell said the teacher's decision to post the photograph was concerning. "I don't think it's appropriate," Buzzell told 27 News. "I'm not sure why this would be on the computer at all."

"I don't see anything wrong with it," school parent Mark Hagstrom said. "She's on her time to do what she wants."

School parent Chad Van Loo said the photograph sends the wrong message. "With the way things are going these days, with the kids bringing guns to school and bomb threats, (photograph) is something to be concerned about."

Ramsdale's union representation is through the Beaver Dam Education Association. Association president Janet Schumaker has yet to return a call from 27 News.

Read our Assistant News Director's Blog on this topic: http://addins.wkowtv.com/blogs/behindthenews/ To comment and provide news tips, contact reporter Tony Galli at tgalli@wkowtv.com

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WOW!:shock: This is the most ignorant shit I have seen against people since brad was arrested, I mean seriously? Your going to suspend a teacher for a picture with a gun on facebook?? wow WTF. This is the current thinking of our schools, " guns are bad! if you have anything to do with guns you will have severe consequences" < that is the type of thinking in our schools. I wore a remington shirt with deer and bullets on it when I was 12 and they made me take it off otherwise I would be suspended, too bad I didn't know what I knew now back then, I woulda told em to KMA. I think I'm gunna buy my lil bro a remington shirt to wear to school hes 16, hopefully i can find one stylish enough for him lol. Well time to head up north for my ice-fishing trip c ya'll!

Ben

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Actually, she ought to file a complaint under the Wisconsin Fair Employment Law, which prohibits job discrimination for "use of a lawful product." Seriously.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Middle school parent Jennifer Buzzell said the teacher's decision to post the photograph was concerning. "I don't think it's appropriate," Buzzell told 27 News. "I'm not sure why this would be on the computer at all."
It always amazes me the capacity of news media to put any old dipshit on the page.

I have a similar photo that is the background of my computer screen at home. I used the same photo which had been morphed into an animated gif to resemble the James Bond-esque intro screenon my facebook page and a few of my old high school classmates who've grown up liberal got their panties in a wad.

l_94c8b77003da26aaf7b7571368091cb9.gif

opusd2

imported post

I've seen worse in Facebook.

You know, the internet was a lot more fun back when getting online was something that took effort and there were a lot less tight cheeked idiots running around with a delete key.

I'm sure that it you find something you don't agree with online you could always just go to a different site. That's how my internet works anyway. Maybe I just got the non-PC internet connection, I found this site after all!

ayce2

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
And this is inappropriate because????? No obvious hearing protection maybe?
Showed this article to the Lady,also teacher in WI. Changed her profile picture....with ear protection you'll see!