• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun laws

Cburgy

imported post

I live in the state of WV and was wondering, if I take my gun and walk with it to my fathers house (which is only a few blocks away) can u legally arrest someone and face prison time even if its unloaded? Please help...Thank You

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

There are several old cases from our State Supreme Court that say yes, if (1) the gun is concealed and (2) you do not (A) have a concealed handgun license or (B)have anexemption from licensure specified in W.Va. Code § 61-7-6.

Part of a concealed carry overhaul bill (click here for links to and descriptions of all bills on our legislative agenda) that we are proposing for the 2009 legislative session would permit the transportation of unloaded, securely encasedfirearms in most circumstances without a license.