Thread: Recorders?

Post imported post

Anyone know a good model to buy?

Post imported post

I don't know if it was a nationwide law but at least here in Pa you must inform people they are being recorded for it to be admissable as evidence. I've tried to record terrible verbal abuse from a past boss but they wouldn't listen to it unless he was told I was recording our conversation. Of course he was very polite then.
    Get one with an Attachable mic so you can keep the recorder in a pocket and clip the mic higher, sound quality is MUCH better.

Post imported post

I use an Olympus WS-311M.

http://www.google.com/products?sourc...&q=ws-311M

It has a built in USB plug, so no more trying to keep up with a cable.

Mine did not come with a neck lanyard but I had one already, I would highly recommend getting one as a recorder in a shirtpocket is easily detected.

Post imported post

Ditto on the Olympus.

I wear glasses, so I just slip it into the empty glasses case, which I carry in my shirt pocket. It seems to pick up well enough that way.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

YllwFvr wrote:
    I don't know if it was a nationwide law but at least here in Pa you must inform people they are being recorded for it to be admissable as evidence. I've tried to record terrible verbal abuse from a past boss but they wouldn't listen to it unless he was told I was recording our conversation. Of course he was very polite then.
    Get one with an Attachable mic so you can keep the recorder in a pocket and clip the mic higher, sound quality is MUCH better.
    The recording laws vary by state. In Louisiana, as long as one party knows (and that can be you) it's legal.

Check your local listings.