Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gainesville/Haymarket lunch or dinner

Post imported post

It was suggested that a Gainesville / Haymarket area dinner or lunch be put together, so I'm starting this thread to work out the details and see who would be interested.

I don't really OC too much so I couldn't say which restaraunts would be more open to it than others but from what I've gathered in reading the threadsfrom people OCingaround here...it shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere suitable.

I'm usually available Tues-Fri during most times, so I'm going to suggest a weekday...but I could work sometime out if the majority of people would prefer a weekend.

So, who's interested, what day would be preferable, any time constraints, any preferance or suggestions to where? Lemme hear your thoughts!

Post imported post

Pick a date/time/place and I'll try to be there.
    Lunch works better for me.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I am interested in this as well. Dinner and Sundays would be better for me but I will try to get to any that may be setup. I will be watching to see who else is interested.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
    what day would be preferable, any time constraints, any preferance or suggestions to where? Lemme hear your thoughts!
    Take the temps you are now and then decide and post. Sometime this is like herdign cats and youjust have to say.. Here is where I will be if anyone elsewants to come. I also have used evite (as you know) to manage whose coming instead of a thread20 pages long with 10 yes's 6 no's and 20 well see's.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

The wife is going out of town for the weekend so either Friday or Saturday is a possible with me since I was going to head out somewhere anyway. The Gainesville/Haymarket (and Bristow area) are indeed going with some good places coming in. Agent19 can probably speak for the Bristow area I imagine.. I don't head over there much for dining out.

I was thinking about going to the Broolyn Pizza place in the shopping area where Harris Teeter is at the intersection of routes 15 and 29 one night. I've heard they're pretty good.

Bunch of other places.
    Taste of Asia (Chinese+) in Heritage Hunt. Excellent Chinese restaurant
    Chili's. Not a fan but it is there.
    Bonefish. A really good one but gets crowded early. Maybe not the best for us.
    Anothai. Nice Thai restaurant in Somerset.
    Gesepi's (spelling?). Right in Haymarket, it's a pretty good Italian place.
    Spitony's. In New Baltimore, it's small and not bad.
    Blue Ridge Seafood. Looks poor house, but the food is good.
    Foster's Grill. In Haymarket, simply the best burgers.

And a lot more, too.

The thing is, some of these are real restaurants - as in a place to take your lady for a nice dinner. Others are more along the lines of "let's grab a quick meal out which may be what a group would be looking for.

Any other suggestions?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I can make a weekend event, but won't even attempt to slug out I-66 from Vienna during rush hour.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    M@D H@TTER wrote:
    what day would be preferable, any time constraints, any preferance or suggestions to where? Lemme hear your thoughts!
    Take the temps you are now and then decide and post. Sometime this is like herdign cats and youjust have to say.. Here is where I will be if anyone elsewants to come. I also have used evite (as you know) to manage whose coming instead of a thread20 pages long with 10 yes's 6 no's and 20 well see's.

Ed
    I certainly understand that! I've tried many times to gather groups of people together unsuccessfully for just that reason. This is (thus far) simply a thread to figure out how many people we've got around here and who would be interested in joining us sometime in the future.

I don't really have a date yet (as I may not be free tomorrow and I won't be free this weekend), but I think that four days is plenty of time to start roll call, and figure out a good place to meet.

Personally, if we can avoid the town of Haymarket itself, all the better. I'm not a huge fan of the HPD :/. Anywhere in Gainesville would work though. El Tio's near the Giant is a great mexican place to eat, China Jade next door is a pretty good too. I've never been to Bonefish but the Ledo's pizza right there is pretty good pizza.

I may go driving around briefly tomorrow to see what's new that I haven't seen or been to yet to get some more ideas.

Keep those suggestions coming!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'll try to make either a lunch or dinner, but can't guarantee anything. If you get a weekday lunch in the Bristow area, I may be able to bring several coworkers who have never had the experience of OCDO meals. I know of at least 5 that have expressed interest in a lunch.

Post imported post

Bump.

Anyone else in the area interested?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Depending on when, I'm interested. I'm in Bristow, so very close.

Post imported post

I work close by. Depending on when/where, I'm interested.

Post imported post

Keep in mind folks, I'm open to suggestions as to when and where. If something works better for you than something else, say so. Also, anyone who knows of a proven OC friendly restaraunt with good food, feel free to chime in.

I'm thinking that this Friday could work for me for a lunch(assuming all goes well earlier this week) although I'm not sure where to host it yet.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Fri anytime after 11:30.

I can't verify OC friendly, but I have been to Asia Garden for dinner a couple of times.

Another location we should have 0 issue is Fosters. We know the owner does not have issue with us being there and the one in at 28/Linton hall does get you through pretty fast and has significant amount of seating.

Post imported post

Places I'm leaning towards

1. Foster's
    2. Joes's
    3. Taste of Asian

I'm not sure where else would have enough seating for more than 4-6 people.

Some other options (in no particular order)

1. China Jade
    2. El Tio's
    3. Uno's
    4. Ihop
    5. Five Guys
    6. Ruby tuesdays

Anyone OC at Joe's Italian Restaurant? I have been going there since I first moved here and I've kinda got a hankerin' for some pizza.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

mmmmm...I'd be up for some Joe's. I haven't carried in there, so not sure of their status.

Post imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
    Fri anytime after 11:30.

I can't verify OC friendly, but I have been to Asia Garden for dinner a couple of times.

Another location we should have 0 issue is Fosters. We know the owner does not have issue with us being there and the one in at 28/Linton hall does get you through pretty fast and has significant amount of seating.
    This Friday (Feb 13th)?
    Could the OP Edit the first post or the title to include the date?

Thanks.

Post imported post

It doesn't seem that I can.

That is the Friday I'm shootin' for though.

Post imported post

I am off from work on Friday the 13th and would be able to make it. As a matter of fact, I will have the the 13th - 16th off :P if any of those days are chosen to have a lunch or dinner get together. I will keep watching to see what you guys come up with. Bye

Post imported post

I would love to join you good folks, but Friday's a work day for me. Any chance of making it a Saturday or will the Dulles Gun Show get in the way?

If not, I'll see what I can manage because this would be a nice outting.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
    Places I'm leaning towards

1. Foster's
    2. Joes's
    3. Taste of Asian
    I'm not sure where else would have enough seating for more than 4-6 people.

Some other options (in no particular order)

1. China Jade
    2. El Tio's
    3. Uno's
    4. Ihop
    5. Five Guys
    6. Ruby tuesdays

Anyone OC at Joe's Italian Restaurant? I have been going there since I first moved here and I've kinda got a hankerin' for some pizza.
    I can attest to the following places one these lists to being receptive to OC'ing.

1. Fosters
    2. Taste of Asia (not Asian - in the Heritage Hunt area)
    3. Five Guys in Gainesville

I've OC'd to Gissepie's (spelling?) in Haymarket which is owned by the same people who own Joe's in Gainesville, although I was in there to pickup carryout. I suspect that Joe's in Gainesville is fine because I have also OC'd there when picking up carryout.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I would love to join you good folks, but Friday's a work day for me. Any chance of making it a Saturday or will the Dulles Gun Show get in the way?

While the Dulles Expo Gun Show would potentially get in the way of an OC lunch on Saturday, my work is getting in the way of the Gun show . I'm probably not even going to be able to make it to the gunshow although there is a group of folks that are looking to meet up there, and may have started a separate thread.

I'm still really jonesin' for some pizza so I'm going to set the place at Joe's Italian Restaurant around 2:30 on Friday as the official time, date and place.

Anyway, those of you who are planning on attending and can make it, post here so I've got some idea of how many people are coming.

Post imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:

While the Dulles Expo Gun Show would potentially get in the way of an OC lunch on Saturday, my work is getting in the way of the Gun show . I'm probably not even going to be able to make it to the gunshow although there is a group of folks that are looking to meet up there, and may have started a separate thread.

I'm still really jonesin' for some pizza so I'm going to set the place at Joe's Italian Restaurant around 2:30 on Friday as the official time, date and place.

Anyway, those of you who are planning on attending and can make it, post here so I've got some idea of how many people are coming.
    This might be doable for me. I assume you mean the Joe's in Gainesville on route 55 just off of route 29.

Other takers??

America First!

Post imported post

This might be doable for me. I assume you mean the Joe's in Gainesville on route 55 just off of route 29.

Other takers??
    Yup, that's the one I'm talkin' about. Again, anyone planning to attend should post and let me get a rough idea of how many people we're talkin' about here.

Next time, I'll use the eVite as this is gettin' fairly cluttered .

I've got 6 who've posted interest thus far (per this thread) and onlytwo that have said they'd be able to make it for sure. The rest of you folks, get with it! :P

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have family coming in town, so I will have to hit an earlier lunch so I can get home to get things ready. Think I'm going to join Agent19 at fosters instead this time.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think I can make it today. Is it still happening? Joe's @ 2:30pm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast