• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park rule changes

sprat

imported post

since we are posting Pictures this was taken Jan 20th at Shark Valley National Park, Everglades, Florida

no signs nor did they ask at the gate about firearms

sprat

TFred

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
can he? Sure. Will he?

Think about this. When was the last time you can remember any federal agency abdicating and admitting in open court "Your honor, the plaintiff is correct, we were wrong".

Our government is incapable of admitting wrong and even when they're wrong they will go to the ends of the earth to defend it. The abdication would set a precedent that other presidents could then exercise.

In short, yes, the chief executive could instruct DOI to abdicate, but I highly doubt that would take place.
I hope you are right, I am just afraid that Team Obama might look at it as the quickest and fastest way to "overturn" the rule that they didn't agree with in the first place.

TFred

Tomahawk

imported post

Yes, sometimes the government allows itself to be sued in order to change a rule or a law without having to do it the hard (constitutional) way, but I think Y is right on this one.

I only hope Obama is not stupid and wisely chooses to avoid an early confrontation with gun owners.