Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Hands can kill...

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/39099272.html
    A weekend assault has turned into a murder case after police say the victim died.
    Police say Leroy Jenkins, Jr. of Kerr Street in Jacksonville has been arrested on first degree murder charges.

    Police say Saturday 52-year-old Angerina Bradley was assaulted by Jenkins on Newberry Street. They say Jenkins and another man were involved in an argument and Bradley tried to intervene.

    Due to her head injuries, Bradley was transferred to Pitt County Memorial Hospital where she died Tuesday.
    This is the only online article I can find, but the news report on TV mentioned that the victim only received a few fist-blows to the face and head. This is what I think of when people imply that using your firearm to defend yourself against an assailant without a weapon is wrong. An unarmed, completely natural human can quickly and easily kill another, without the use of any tool.

    On a side note, I wonder if he plays World of Warcraft?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    DreQo wrote:
    SNIP
    This is the only online article I can find, but the news report on TV mentioned that the victim only received a few fist-blows to the face and head. This is what I think of when people imply that using your firearm to defend yourself against an assailant without a weapon is wrong. An unarmed, completely natural human can quickly and easily kill another, without the use of any tool.

    On a side note, I wonder if he plays World of Warcraft?
    I agree.

    Do a search on: 'people who have died due to fist-blows to the face and head'

    Lots of info

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SNIP I agree.

    Do a search on: 'people who have died due to fist-blows to the face and head'

    Lots of info
    Also, look forviral street-fight videos.

    Lotsa people get knocked out by a blow the face or head, or stunned and knocked down.

    The person isthen at the mercy ofthe assailant. Getting stomped to death or kicked into grave bodily injury while defenseless is entirely possible.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arlington, Washington, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    "Woooh Im LEROY JENKINS!" *Rush*

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    best way to kill someone with you hands (if in the situation without a firearm) swift jab to the throat or shove your finger through their eye until it cant go any further. breaking the neck is even easier if you can get them in the position.

    but like you said, society will see you as a "bad guy" if you kill someone with your hands. kinda makes you re think taking martial arts

  6. #6
    Regular Member opusd2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Butt is in, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    Does that mean I need to worry if I see Walker Texas Ranger walking my way? Looking all angry, constipated and plain as upset as a divorcing husband without a good attorney?
    I aim to misbehave

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    opusd2 wrote:
    Does that mean I need to worry if I see Walker Texas Ranger walking my way? Looking all angry, constipated and plain as upset as a divorcing husband without a good attorney?
    Yes, because Walker, Texas Ranger is Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris put the "slaughter" in "manslaughter", dontcha know?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    I always thought he put the "laughter" in "manslaughter" personally - or is that what you meant to type? ;-/

    -ljp

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    opusd2 wrote:
    Does that mean I need to worry if I see Walker Texas Ranger walking my way? Looking all angry, constipated and plain as upset as a divorcing husband without a good attorney?
    Can't watch that program - too much police brutality don't you know.

    He does OC though.

    Virtually anything can be used as a weapon and when the SHTF that is what one should be able to use - anything. First choice would be that which stop the threat.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    It figures the only guy that got the WoW reference also has a Mario avatar .

  11. #11
    Regular Member shad0wfax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Post imported post

    DreQo wrote:
    It figures the only guy that got the WoW reference also has a Mario avatar .
    I didn't want to out myself by laughing at the reference...





    MORE DOTS! MORE DOTS!

  12. #12
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    It's interesting you recognized that as a WoW reference. :P

  13. #13
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,350

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    It's interesting you recognized that as a WoW reference. :P
    The first thing that crossed my mind is that he really didn't stick to the plan this time...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    301

    Post imported post

    ...the first Concealed Permit shooting in Texas that I heard of was in Dallas...a man in traffic was approached by a road rager who reached into his window and began beating him severely...it earned him a .40 bullet center chest...cost him his life...and the shooter was justified...most states authorize deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm....no weapon specified....citizens aren't bound by a continuum of force policy(and, in my opinion, neither should police and security be....)

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    sheepdog wrote:
    ...the first Concealed Permit shooting in Texas that I heard of was in Dallas...a man in traffic was approached by a road rager who reached into his window and began beating him severely...it earned him a .40 bullet center chest...cost him his life...and the shooter was justified...most states authorize deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm....no weapon specified....citizens aren't bound by a continuum of force policy(and, in my opinion, neither should police and security be....)
    That's great, good comment sheepdog, a good reason to always be able to carry almost no matter where you are, cause you never know when tshtf,lol. To bad we can't carry everywhere unfortunately, but with enough people petitioning and trying to make good changes in carrying altogether, I believe stuff will eventually work themselves out. Imagine if that guy couldn't carry or wasn't allowed to carry, it would of ended up being a very sad and tragic story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •