• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hands can kill...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/39099272.html
A weekend assault has turned into a murder case after police say the victim died.
Police say Leroy Jenkins, Jr. of Kerr Street in Jacksonville has been arrested on first degree murder charges.

Police say Saturday 52-year-old Angerina Bradley was assaulted by Jenkins on Newberry Street. They say Jenkins and another man were involved in an argument and Bradley tried to intervene.

Due to her head injuries, Bradley was transferred to Pitt County Memorial Hospital where she died Tuesday.
This is the only online article I can find, but the news report on TV mentioned that the victim only received a few fist-blows to the face and head. This is what I think of when people imply that using your firearm to defend yourself against an assailant without a weapon is wrong. An unarmed, completely natural human can quickly and easily kill another, without the use of any tool.

On a side note, I wonder if he plays World of Warcraft?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

DreQo wrote:
SNIP
This is the only online article I can find, but the news report on TV mentioned that the victim only received a few fist-blows to the face and head. This is what I think of when people imply that using your firearm to defend yourself against an assailant without a weapon is wrong. An unarmed, completely natural human can quickly and easily kill another, without the use of any tool.

On a side note, I wonder if he plays World of Warcraft?

I agree.

Do a search on: 'people who have died due to fist-blows to the face and head'

Lots of info

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SNIP I agree.

Do a search on: 'people who have died due to fist-blows to the face and head'

Lots of info

Also, look forviral street-fight videos.

Lotsa people get knocked out by a blow the face or head, or stunned and knocked down.

The person isthen at the mercy ofthe assailant. Getting stomped to death or kicked into grave bodily injury while defenseless is entirely possible.

r6-rider

imported post

best way to kill someone with you hands (if in the situation without a firearm) swift jab to the throat or shove your finger through their eye until it cant go any further. breaking the neck is even easier if you can get them in the position.

but like you said, society will see you as a "bad guy" if you kill someone with your hands. kinda makes you re think taking martial arts

opusd2

imported post

Does that mean I need to worry if I see Walker Texas Ranger walking my way? Looking all angry, constipated and plain as upset as a divorcing husband without a good attorney?

Walleye

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
Does that mean I need to worry if I see Walker Texas Ranger walking my way? Looking all angry, constipated and plain as upset as a divorcing husband without a good attorney?
Yes, because Walker, Texas Ranger is Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris put the "slaughter" in "manslaughter", dontcha know?

Legba

imported post

I always thought he put the "laughter" in "manslaughter" personally - or is that what you meant to type? ;-/

-ljp

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

opusd2 wrote:
Can't watch that program - too much police brutality don't you know.

He does OC though.

Virtually anything can be used as a weapon and when the SHTF that is what one should be able to use - anything. First choice would be that which stop the threat.

Yata hey

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

It figures the only guy that got the WoW reference also has a Mario avatar :D.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
It's interesting you recognized that as a WoW reference. :p
The first thing that crossed my mind is that he really didn't stick to the plan this time...

sheepdog

imported post

...the first Concealed Permit shooting in Texas that I heard of was in Dallas...a man in traffic was approached by a road rager who reached into his window and began beating him severely...it earned him a .40 bullet center chest...cost him his life...and the shooter was justified...most states authorize deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm....no weapon specified....citizens aren't bound by a continuum of force policy(and, in my opinion, neither should police and security be....)

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sheepdog wrote:
...the first Concealed Permit shooting in Texas that I heard of was in Dallas...a man in traffic was approached by a road rager who reached into his window and began beating him severely...it earned him a .40 bullet center chest...cost him his life...and the shooter was justified...most states authorize deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm....no weapon specified....citizens aren't bound by a continuum of force policy(and, in my opinion, neither should police and security be....)
That's great, good comment sheepdog, a good reason to always be able to carry almost no matter where you are, cause you never know when tshtf,lol. To bad we can't carry everywhere unfortunately, but with enough people petitioning and trying to make good changes in carrying altogether, I believe stuff will eventually work themselves out. Imagine if that guy couldn't carry or wasn't allowed to carry, it would of ended up being a very sad and tragic story.