• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Handgun Distributor Contact Info

cec79

imported post

I am a DC resident and today I purchased a handgun! I received the contact information for CS Exchange from Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, MD and called the distributor, Charles Sykes. He is the only individual who is willing and able to distribute handguns in DC.
This is how you do it:
Call Mr. Sykes to let him know you are planning to purchase a handgun and register it in DC. Go to a gun shop in VA or MD and purchase a firearm allowed under the official California "list". Atlantic Guns has this list, I'm not sure about others. The shop will hold the gun at the shop. You then call Charles Sykes, an incredibly nice man by they way, and let him know your name, where you purchased the handgun, etc. He will go pick it up and then schedule an appointment with you to meet with him and do the paperwork to have it registered in DC. His fee for services provided is $125. You file the paperwork with DC Police, they process and approve. Once approved Mr. Sykes will give you the gun, you take it to DC Police location for ballistics test. Then you're done and can take your handgun home.
This entire process takes about 10 days from the date you purchase.
Here is Mr. Syke's contact information:
CS Exchange Limited
Charles Sykes, Licensed FFL Dealer
(301)577-1427

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mr Sykes is providing a very important service to the repressed people of DC and $125 seems a reasonable fee for what he does. Still, I am aggravated by the vicious bureaucrats in DC who drag their feet on allowing freedom to seep into that beleaguered, criminal-filled enclave. They have no shame or decency.

:cuss:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Now you need to write your "representatives" about making the fees tax
deductible, after all it is "home improvement". :D

Would love to see what DC and CA consider "good" guns. Is there an electronic list?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Doesn't even have my manufacturer, my mind is going I can't even remember his last name now,
after only 40 years since he made it for me.
But wow only one on the list, and it also doesn't qualify, guess I can't move to those two commie countries. I can't believe they are so stupid out there that they worry
about the pistol color.

I thought I read that my revolutionary war match lock was OK in DC, but it doesn't appear on CA list.
I will wear it for the million gun march 'on' the mall if so.
But if I make preloaded powder charge packets would that be considered a "loaded"
magazine for the 'machine gun'. After all with a rate of fire of 3 shots in 2 minutes
it is definitly an assault pistol by DC standards. :lol:
Also is having a lit cigarete considered loaded and cocked?

You may laugh but all that smoke does give you cover from witness ID'ing.
Everyone in the block will have powder residue:shock:

Have they ever cleaned up all the felons they hired for policemen back under
'Crack head' Barry?

DC Handgun Info

Near D.C. (used to live in DC, good neighborhoods
Tooting my own blog-horn, I have DC's "official list" and much more

I am a DC resident and today I purchased a handgun! I received the contact information for CS Exchange from Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, MD and called the distributor, Charles Sykes. He is the only individual who is willing and able to distribute handguns in DC.]

I briefly interviewed Mr. Sykes; he sounds like a modest and very decent gentleman. I blogged about him as "The Only Firearms Dealer Willing to Do Business With the General Public": http://dchandguninfo.livejournal.com/7850.html

I also linked to the District of Columbia's **TWO** lists of so-called approved guns (Mass. and Calif.: no military-looking rifles, and no magazines over 10 rounds): http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view.asp?a=1237&q=547431&pm=1

I started my "DC Handgun Info" blog right after the Heller v. D.C. decision was handed down in June 2008. Please check me out:

DC Handgun Info (http://dchandguninfo.livejournal.com)

I have links to D.C.-area gun stores, ranges, how to find an instructor, and comment on the advance of both concealed and open carry, and on all sorts of other topics.