Thread: OC Days?

Post imported post

Hi, I've just joined the forum. I have spent some time looking through the posts and I apologize if this has been discussed before. I have had a Nevada CCW for four years now and have never OC'd here. My reasons are the same as have been shared in the other posts on the subject. My question is has it been considered to have specific days of the year as OC days where those interested could open carry and know that a lot of others were doing the same, perhaps seeing half a dozen others during the day at the store or mall. If it could be agreed it would be easy for members to print up their own flyers, or small info cards to hand out if questioned by fellow shoppers/diners etc.

My thinking is it that it would indicate to people how many of us there are around them and maybe desensitize some non gun folks while making a statement. Maybe two or four days during the year on weekends with a lot of carrying going on might alleviate some of the discomfort some feel when seeing a firearm.

Downside might be "no firearm" signs on more locations.

Again I apologize if this is the umpteenth time this has been raised.

Activist Member

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum tingle.

There are no planned dates right now in NV that I am aware of, but in the past there have been meets. There is a subforum on this site for Nevada which has state specific information.

Also, there is a Nevada pamphlet that summarizes most of the applicable laws:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/12253.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

OC days - many, many of us OC regularly everyday.

Suggest that you post this to the Nevada section and look for some OC meet n' greets, dinners or similar.

Yatahey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

As Grapeshot said....Everyday is an OC day! :celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Right on to that brother, but you live in a Gold Star state that allows and has know problems with open carry, its practically normal there. I do in Al. have the right to open carry once on foot, but I worry about being harrassed by LEO's and them taking away my permit, then I won't be able to carry at all. They would love that, cause the LEO's here think there the only ones allowed to open carry, and if you open carry they'll find a reason to pull your permit, like disorderly conduct or they'll make something up.