• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Days?

tingle

imported post

Hi, I've just joined the forum. I have spent some time looking through the posts and I apologize if this has been discussed before. I have had a Nevada CCW for four years now and have never OC'd here. My reasons are the same as have been shared in the other posts on the subject. My question is has it been considered to have specific days of the year as OC days where those interested could open carry and know that a lot of others were doing the same, perhaps seeing half a dozen others during the day at the store or mall. If it could be agreed it would be easy for members to print up their own flyers, or small info cards to hand out if questioned by fellow shoppers/diners etc.

My thinking is it that it would indicate to people how many of us there are around them and maybe desensitize some non gun folks while making a statement. Maybe two or four days during the year on weekends with a lot of carrying going on might alleviate some of the discomfort some feel when seeing a firearm.

Downside might be "no firearm" signs on more locations.

Again I apologize if this is the umpteenth time this has been raised.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

OC days - many, many of us OC regularly everyday.

Suggest that you post this to the Nevada section and look for some OC meet n' greets, dinners or similar.

Yatahey

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right on to that brother, but you live in a Gold Star state that allows and has know problems with open carry, its practically normal there. I do in Al. have the right to open carry once on foot, but I worry about being harrassed by LEO's and them taking away my permit, then I won't be able to carry at all. They would love that, cause the LEO's here think there the only ones allowed to open carry, and if you open carry they'll find a reason to pull your permit, like disorderly conduct or they'll make something up. :(