Thread: CA OC holster!

Post imported post

What kind of holster is acceptable for OC in Cali?

State Researcher

Post imported post

wolfeinstein wrote:
    What kind of holster is acceptable for OC in Cali?
    Any kind that isn't worn concealed.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

but its always best in my opinion to go with a level 2 retention holster. I prefer the blackhawk serpa holster. But depending on your pistol of choice I know there are others out there. just my 2c

Post imported post

personally i prefer the galco paddle holsters but the serpa holsters are very nice as well. but any holster is fine as long as it isnt concealed....but on that note, does anyone know about speedloaders for a revolver? i havent really been able to find any good pouches for them. anyone have any ideas on where to find them? or can i just carry a speedloader in a shirtpocket?

Post imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
    personally i prefer the galco paddle holsters but the serpa holsters are very nice as well. but any holster is fine as long as it isnt concealed....but on that note, does anyone know about speedloaders for a revolver? i havent really been able to find any good pouches for them. anyone have any ideas on where to find them? or can i just carry a speedloader in a shirtpocket?
    You can carry speedloaders in a pocket as they are not a 'part' of the gun, unlike a magazine which must be visible. If you are looking for good speedloader pouches go to http://www.midwayusa.com/. I buy almost all my stuff from these guys and they have virtually everything you could want, including a great selection of very nice and affordable speedloader pouches.

State Researcher

Post imported post

D53 wrote:
    but its always best in my opinion to go with a level 2 retention holster. I prefer the blackhawk serpa holster. But depending on your pistol of choice I know there are others out there. just my 2c
    +1 on the Blackhawk Serpa lvl 2 holster. It's a better built than most the other adjustable holsters. The only draw-back is that it isn't as adjustable as some other holsters. (My previous holster was adjustable 360 degrees with about 40 different locking positions - very nice for getting different cants for driving, cross-draw, small-of-back, etc.)

As for securing your gun - I think a lvl 2 is enough. One LEO who was attempting to disarm me couldn't easily get my gun out of the holster. Even with a willing subject giving verbal instructions on how to do it, it took him a good 30-45 seconds. I tend to think your average street thug (who doesn't use holsters) would have at least as tough a time.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Shoulder holster

Post imported post

fighting_for_freedom wrote:
    oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
    You can carry speedloaders in a pocket as they are not a 'part' of the gun, unlike a magazine which must be visible. If you are looking for good speedloader pouches go to http://www.midwayusa.com/. I buy almost all my stuff from these guys and they have virtually everything you could want, including a great selection of very nice and affordable speedloader pouches.
    Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged has made all of my holsters and he offers retention on them. Best deal in CUSTOM leather (example: Cheaper than GALCO!) on the market and he stands by his product 100%.

http://simplyrugged.com

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    does anyone know if the type of holster that tucks the gun inside your waist band but leaves the grip exposed is an opencarry holster or not?
    Mine does that but unfortunately it is still considered concealed.

Pics of my Mak in IWB configuration.

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-tools.html

Same amount of the gun shows OWB or IWB but legislators are lame