Thread: Horse Heaven Sportsmen Society?

Post imported post

I just joined the HHSS in Prosser. I hear there's quite a few folks from the Tri-C that come up. Anyone here?

And worse, while out shooting for the first time in a very long time, it turns out that my wife is a much, much better shot than me.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

My cousin from the army told me women are better shots and the army figures its the extra ballasts....lol....funny but true.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I don't know about the extra ballast thing, but yes, women tend to be better shots. I know my mom used to be able to bullseye just bout anything with her .38. That is before her eyes went bad.

Post imported post

My mom shoots as well, if not better than my dad, who is a good shot. She has spent alot less time behind the trigger than he has too. My sister's a great shot too.

One theoryI've heardis that women tend to have far less to prove than men, so their egos don't get in the way of them receiving instruction on how to shoot. Hence, they listen well and carefully do what they're told. The end result is that they're easier to teach to shoot well than some men are and they take less time to learn the basics than some men do.

That theory always made sense to me. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence supporting that theory. Heheh